Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should the police have released their journals?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pessimist

Contribution Points : 60966
Forum Reputation : 0

Should the police have released their journals? Empty
PostSubject: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 am

This is coming from someone who's never read either of E or D's journals, so maybe they said police could release it, I don't know, but to me it seems kind of... wrong? In a weird way for police to release their journals after their deaths when it reveals their very deep and personal thoughts/emotions. It makes more sense to me to release the basement tapes, which were directly related to the attack instead of their personal diaries. I don't know maybe it's just me, what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66094
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 am

The general consensus is that Eric's Journal was written with an "audience" in mind. I still personally believe that Dylan's Journal was more private, a glimpse into Dylan's mind.I truly believe he was writing down how he truly felt at the time. Its
also likely he could have just written it as a base for the depressive, lovelorn narrative that Cullen eventually shaped. I personally believe that Harris's journal was all for show, aside from his last entry. Eric wanted his journal to be released.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Yes   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 am

I do believe Eric wrote his journal with an "audience" in mind--but the operative words are "in mind." He didn't actually *have* that audience--he probably imagined people being *impressed* with his sentiments. Because he himself would be, of course. "In mind."
His ugly sentiments were backed up by his actions, so the idea that this somehow means was "bluffing" or "faking"...nope, sorry, not buying it.

It was weird for journals to be released, but not the BTs.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67616
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 am

I think Eric described his real feelings, he poured all his anger and frustration on paper. Evil or Very Mad  This shows how "mad" Twisted Evil  he became, from time to time. His fury did not find an exit because he had to conceal his feelings from most people.  Perhaps Dylan was the only one who shared his disappointment. Sad
I think it's right that the police released at least some information. It gives people an idea of who they were and what they felt. This helps to better understand their motives.
Again, I think the basement tapes, and other materials needed to release right after the incident. Due to the lack of information has formed a certain aura of mystery around Eric and Dylan. This creates myths and speculation.

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Eric's journals are full of lies and contradictions, as he knew they were going to be released once he goes NBK. Eric was the complete opposite of what his writings portray him. Don't believe in Cullen's fantasy about him being an absolute madman, and analyze Eric's behavior in Eric in Columbine video.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67616
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 7:54 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Eric was the complete opposite of what his writings portray him.
Maybe you just want to see him like that? Come on. This guy definitely had problems with anger.

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Love wrote:

Maybe you just want to see him like that? Come on. This guy definitely had problems with anger.

He had anger issues, but I am talking about all that psychopath stuff people think he is. He was the complete opposite of a psychopath. He was overly emotional, weak minded, and a complete loner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the police have released their journals?   Should the police have released their journals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should the police have released their journals?
Page 1 of 1