Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 86613
Forum Reputation : 0

Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20   Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Couple of times a year I'll meet someone from the Littleton area or someone tied to CHS and 4/20 comes up. Last week played golf with a father son combo and it turned out they were from Littleton and the son was Chatfield class of '99. Chatfield was the neighboring school many of the CHS kids finished out the semester at after 4/20.

Son mentioned national media stalking them as students and unprofessionally asking them to lie and say they were CHS kids and not from Chatfield.. anything to get something on the air.

Father had an interesting story.. he led a work sponsor program (basically internships for HS kids) that had several CHS athletes in it. Said 2 of his "kids" stepped into the library that morning and one persuaded the other to blow off their study plan and turned around and walked out minutes before everything went down.

Wasn't there a pretty popular story about 2 football players that were in trouble for team violations and supposed to be in the library but skipped out? Can't remember the details, but I'm thinking he referenced the same kids/scenario?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20   Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
Couple of times a year I'll meet someone from the Littleton area or someone tied to CHS and 4/20 comes up.  Last week played golf with a father son combo and it turned out they were from Littleton and the son was Chatfield class of '99.  Chatfield was the neighboring school many of the CHS kids finished out the semester at after 4/20.

Son mentioned national media stalking them as students and unprofessionally asking them to lie and say they were CHS kids and not from Chatfield..  anything to get something on the air.

Father had an interesting story..  he led a work sponsor program (basically internships for HS kids) that had several CHS athletes in it.  Said 2 of his "kids" stepped into the library that morning and one persuaded the other to blow off their study plan and turned around and walked out minutes before everything went down.

Wasn't there a pretty popular story about 2 football players that were in trouble for team violations and supposed to be in the library but skipped out?  Can't remember the details, but I'm thinking he referenced the same kids/scenario?

I have no doubt that the story the son told about the media was true. The media outlets were trying to get the big story, the newest tidbit of info, all trying to best their competitors. Most cared very little how they went about getting the information. Some cared even less, as they aired things without any fact checking just so they had some sort of Columbine material going out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20   Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
Father had an interesting story..  he led a work sponsor program (basically internships for HS kids) that had several CHS athletes in it.  Said 2 of his "kids" stepped into the library that morning and one persuaded the other to blow off their study plan and turned around and walked out minutes before everything went down.

Wasn't there a pretty popular story about 2 football players that were in trouble for team violations and supposed to be in the library but skipped out?  Can't remember the details, but I'm thinking he referenced the same kids/scenario?

The story of the two football players does seem familiar to me, yet I can't recall exactly where I heard or read about it.  Either way if it was true, then both were very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20   Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convo with Littleton residents re: 4/20
Page 1 of 1