Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An article I found

Go down 
+2
1Mare1
Betulapendula
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betulapendula

Contribution Points : 60918
Forum Reputation : 0

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:29 pm

I thought it might be interesting to somebody.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Interesting find! It's always refreshing to hear stories like this one. I am skeptic about it's validity, but from the words she put together it could be true.
Back to top Go down
Betulapendula

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm actually pretty sure it's valid, her name is mentioned in many sources, here in this article for example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is also pretty interesting: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sorry for so many links.
Back to top Go down
Betulapendula

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 6:50 pm

The unsent e-mail from the fosters' article is mentioned on page 21114 of the 11k report.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you for the link(s).

A lot things happened/changed for Eric from 6th grade to 12th grade!

I am sure everyone is nice when they are 11 or 12 years old.
Back to top Go down
Betulapendula

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 pm

True. I found this story about the unsent e-mail interesting, because I've never encountered it before and it seems to be real.
Also the fact that he stayed regularly in touch with somebody for 5 years after moving.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Here is another article with Sarah Davis stating that Eric planned to see her the summer of '99 in a cross country road trip - we all know that NEVER happened...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SHATTERED LIVES -- A special report.; Caring Parents, No Answers, In Columbine Killers' Pasts

By PAM BELLUCK and JODI WILGOREN

JUNE 29, 1999

The father of one of the boys was asked some years ago to jot down his life's goals in the memory book for his 20th high school reunion. His answer was succinct, straightforward, and, it seemed, not unrealistically ambitious: ''Raise two good sons.''

The other father prided himself on being his son's soul mate. They had just spent five days visiting the Arizona campus where the teen-ager planned to enroll in the fall, and recently discussed their shared opposition to a bill in the state legislature that would have made it easier to carry concealed weapons.

So, on April 20, when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold stormed into Columbine High School in this Denver suburb and killed 12 classmates and a teacher, then themselves, these men and their wives suffered more than the loss of a child. The boys' bombs and bullets shattered their parents' very view of the world, undermining what had seemed to them and others to be 18 years of responsible child-rearing.

As the nation joined this anonymous bedroom community in horror and sorrow, questions naturally turned to the killers' families for clues about how and why. The authorities revealed that this was no spur-of-the-moment attack; the boys had been plotting their lethal assault in a journal of hatred for a year. And they uncovered signposts of trouble: an arrest for breaking into a van, frightening essays read aloud in classes, an angry Web site spewing recipes for violence.

But more than two months after the killings, the most painful question persists: How could the Harrises and Klebolds not have realized that something, everything, was seriously awry?

''Their life has been forever turned upside down and it will never heal,'' said Victor Good, whose stepson considered Dylan and Eric his close friends. ''They're looking through everything -- 'Was that a sign? Was that a sign? Did I miss something?' They're second-guessing their entire lives.''

It is impossible for an outsider to understand the inner workings of any family, and the boys' parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have all refused to be interviewed. Yet dozens of conversations with neighbors and colleagues, the boys' friends and teachers, distant relatives and acquaintances indicate that there was a fundamental disconnection between the troubled world of Eric and Dylan and the lives their parents thought they were leading.

The interviews paint a portrait of the Harrises and the Klebolds as caring, conscientious parents who structured their lives around supporting their children -- and who believed, from all accounts, that they were on the right track.

When Wayne Harris, an Air Force pilot, retired six years ago after two decades of base-to-base hopscotch around the country, he and his wife, Kathy, returned to the Denver area, where they had grown up, to rear their two sons near close relatives.

Tom and Sue Klebold, Midwesterners who followed the oil boom west in the 1970's, decided in 1990 to escape the sunken living rooms of the look-alike subdivisions for the red rocks and wild deer of the Rocky Mountain foothills. They bought a breathtaking house that they believed would be ''a good influence for their kids, closer to nature and away from the hustle and bustle of the street,'' said Edie Marks, their real estate agent.

When trouble emerged, the parents reacted: A year ago, the Harrises sent Eric to a psychologist and put him on anti-depressants. If Dylan talked back or stayed out late, the Klebolds grounded him or took away his computer keyboard.

One friend of the boys', Nathan Dykeman, said that after Wayne Harris found a pipe bomb in Eric's closet, he grounded his son, took away his car and computer privileges, and started surprise searches of his room.

But the reins were apparently not tightened enough: the police believe that the two boys continued building bombs in the garage attached to the Harris home, as late as the weekend before the Columbine attack.

Other efforts by the parents appear misguided, as though they were lost in wishful thinking.

Chris Morris, another friend, said the Klebolds were so worried about Dylan's shyness with girls, for example, that they paid him $250 to attend the Columbine prom so he would have snapshots to look back on later.

And it seems that Eric and Dylan hid their darkest behavior and deadly plot behind facades of stability decorated with future plans.

The outcasts, obsessed with violent video games and intrigued by German rock music and Nazi culture, also had pastimes as wholesome as baseball; they were part of a tight circle of friends, earned top grades, held jobs and looked forward to life after graduation -- factors that no doubt reassured their parents.

In the aftermath of the Littleton shootings, the most vexing question may be not whether the Klebolds and Harrises were caring parents but whether caring is enough. Even if parents attend every Little League game, like Mr. Harris, or ride bikes with the boys, as Mr. Klebold did, do they really know their children? How much does being there matter if a parent fails to -- or refuses to -- see and hear what is actually going on?

''A lot of us are so afraid that if parents can raise a child and this happens to the child, then they can't possibly be good parents,'' said Carolyn Payne, whose family became friends with the Harrises when they were stationed at the same Air Force bases in Michigan and upstate New York. ''But they're just like us.''

The Harrises

A Military Family Returns to its Roots

Living on military bases, people know one another's business; families get nasty notes if their lawns are not properly trimmed. Former neighbors of the Harrises recalled a quiet, normal family, and said they would have known otherwise.

''You just can't do anything that's aberrant or unlikely without someone finding out about it,'' said Mark Mayerstein, a retired lieutenant colonel whose family shared a duplex with the Harrises at Wurtsmith Air Force Base in Oscoda, Mich. ''We never even heard the kids cry.''

Mr. Mayerstein's son, Lane, and a third boy played war games with Eric, who lived in Oscoda for two and a half years. ''The three of us would be on a mission,'' Lane said. ''We'd be out to destroy this invisible armada.''

At Cedar Lake Elementary School in Oscoda, the Harrises stood out because both Wayne, a pilot who trained people to fly the KC-135 refueling plane, and Kathy, a homemaker, attended every school conference. Bonnie Leach, Eric's fifth-grade teacher there, said that she could sense which students would grow up to chase trouble, and that ''Eric wasn't one of them.''

The Wurtsmith base closed in 1991, sending the Harrises to Plattsburgh, N.Y., where friends and neighbors remembered the boys as Scouts and Little Leaguers, and their parents as being involved in the community and in their children's lives.

When the Plattsburgh base was selected for closing in 1993, Mr. Harris retired as a major and the family moved back home to Denver, where Eric's two sets of grandparents live six blocks apart.

Wayne Nelson Harris and Katherine Ann Pool both grew up in unremarkable homes on modest suburban blocks: his father was a valet at Denver's historic Brown Palace hotel; hers, a World War II veteran, owned a hardware store.

In his 20th reunion book, Wayne cited his father's death of a heart attack when Wayne was 20, as the ''low lite [sic] of my life.'' Kathy's mother, Elaine, is the type of neighbor who brings over cookies whenever she is baking, and Kathy inherited the habit, often sending homemade care packages to her older son and his college roommates.

Once back in Denver, Mr. Harris, whom one acquaintance described as a ''Leave it to Beaver dad,'' began working at a private company that develops flight training simulators. Mrs. Harris took a job at a catering company.

For a while, Eric followed the path set by his brother, Kevin, who was three years older. Kevin was a waiter at a Chili's near Columbine High, Eric a busboy. The younger boy visited the older at the University of Colorado in Boulder for football games.

In high school, Kevin bulked up in the weight room and became a second-string tight end on the football squad. With an A-average and varsity letter jackets, he was admired for his leadership qualities and affable demeanor. ''There's no holes in Kevin,'' said Andy Lowry, Columbine's football coach.

Eric, gawky at 5 foot 9, complained to a co-worker at Blackjack Pizza that he was not as tall as his brother. During his freshman year, Eric wore a flattop and dressed preppy; by last fall, his hair was spiked and the ominous messages on his T-shirts were often covered by a trench coat. He began to abandon baseball and soccer for a computer netherworld and replace his parents' expectations that he would go to college with hopes of enlisting in the Marines.

''I think there was a little sibling rivalry,'' said Kimberly Howe, the family's dental hygienist.

Always saying ''yes, sir'' and ''no, ma'am,'' Eric was polite to adults, but showed a darker side at school.

The boy Mr. Good described as ''the ultimate little gentleman'' began a yearbook message to Nathan Dykeman, Mr. Good's stepson, with the words ''Ich Bin Gott,'' German for ''I am God.''

''I hate everything unless I say otherwise,'' Eric wrote. ''Hey, don't follow your dreams or goals or any of that, follow your animal instincts, if it moves kill it, if it doesn't, burn it.''

The Klebolds

A 'Country' House Provides a Haven

Dylan Bennet Klebold grew up in a house without guns, even toy guns.

''Tom was adamant,'' said Randy DeHoff, a former neighbor, who recalls Mr. Klebold saying ' ''We don't need guns in the house; we're not going to play with them.' ''

But by grade school, Dylan was already an ace at Nintendo's Iron Tank, ''a war game all about shooting people,'' recalled Kevin Hofstra, a childhood friend. Later, Dylan would make videos of explosions.

The Klebolds had tried to guard against this fascination: When Dylan and a friend brought home violent movies in fourth grade, it prompted a ''big conversation,'' recalled Judy Brown, the other boy's mother. Two years earlier, Mrs. Brown said, she and Sue Klebold had ''made a pact'' that ''we would always tell each other if our kids got into trouble.''

Vicki DeHoff, whose daughters splashed in the neighborhood pool with Dylan and his older brother, Byron, back in elementary school days, said Mrs. Klebold was ''a better mother than I was.''

''Sue was more patient and gentle and kind with her kids than I was able to be,'' Mrs. DeHoff said.

Susan Frances Klebold was the granddaughter of a Columbus, Ohio, builder and philanthropist, Leo Yassenoff, whose name adorns the local Jewish Community Center. Susan, a talented artist, grew up with an older sister and younger brother in a sumptuous house in Columbus's Bexley neighborhood.

''Susie had this tremendous wit,'' recalled Susan Cohen, a classmate at the private Columbus School for Girls. ''She said her family had taught her to always leave them laughing.''

Charles Huelsman, Susan's stepbrother, glimpsed a more melancholy side to her in a dreary painting she did of a girl, mourning, as the chair she was sitting on appeared to melt like candle wax. ''It was not one of the paintings she wanted to show to people,'' Mr. Huelsman said.

While studying art at Ohio State University, Susan met Thomas Ernest Klebold, a sculptor from Toledo, who later became a geophysicist. Tom was a child of tragedy: his mother died when he was 6, his father when he was 12, leaving him to be reared by a half-brother 18 years his senior.

Tom and Sue married in 1971 and soon settled in the Denver suburbs, where Dylan was born. The boys attended confirmation classes at a Lutheran church and observed Jewish rituals at home.

In 1990, the family moved to a dramatic house of gray slate and glass in Deer Creek Canyon, a bargain at $65,000 because it needed a lot of electrical work, which Mr. Klebold tackled happily.

Dylan's second-floor bedroom had a window seat that was painted black, and a tiny refrigerator stocked with candy bars and Dr. Pepper that had been a 17th birthday gift from his parents, said Devon Adams, 16, a close friend. The boy who nicknamed himself Vodka after his favorite drink had a ''Shooters'' poster that described how to make cocktails. Friends frequently slept over and joked that the Klebolds' home was their ''country house.''

But Dylan was ''afraid of the cougars who lived up near his house,'' Devon said, and preferred to play in a friend's pool because the Klebolds' pool often had dead frogs and crows floating in it.

Mr. Klebold swims laps every morning and operates a small real estate business from home. His wife is an employment counselor at a local community college, where she previously worked with disabled students. When both parents had jobs outside the home, Dylan's mother had him ride the bus to the campus after school rather than be on his own, Mrs. Brown said.

Mr. Klebold collects BMW's, buying older ones cheap to fix up for his sons. Friends say he loves to pick apart politics and religion, using a physicist's analytical approach.

Several acquaintances said that, if anything, Mr. Klebold seemed more concerned about Byron's future. Byron had attended a Roman Catholic high school before graduating from Columbine in 1997, and now works at a local car lot. Dylan, his father believed, was a mature young man on the brink of independence.

At a parents' meeting on March 27, Sue Klebold bubbled about Dylan's seemingly bright future, Judy Brown said. Mrs. Klebold told her friend that she had tried to talk her son into attending college closer to home than the University of Arizona, ''but he said he was ready.''

After the shootings, Mrs. Klebold told her hairdresser, Dee Grant, that the young killer depicted in news reports was not the Dylan she knew. More recently, in letters to the families of their son's victims, the Klebolds attributed the murderous rampage to ''a moment of madness.''

''We'll never understand why this tragedy happened, or what we might have done to prevent it,'' they wrote. ''We did not see anger or hatred in Dylan until the last moments of his life, when we watched in helpless horror with the rest of the world.''

The Killers

A Secret Plan And Violent Reality

Eric and Dylan marched through the Columbine library methodically, maniacally, shooting all the way and dropping bombs in their wake.

''They were laughing and whooping and hollering about what they did,'' said Aaron Welsh, a 1999 Columbine graduate who survived by cowering under a table in the library. ''One of them said, 'Oh look at this guy's brains and the blood.' ''

Their side-by-side suicide an hour later capped a few years of friendship in which the young men had seemed inseparable, lanky Dylan with his wavy blond hair and slight Eric with his awkward half-smile. They worked together at Blackjack Pizza, bowled on the same class team three times a week at 6:15 A.M., shared a cafeteria table every day and sat next to each other in psychology, creative writing and video production.

Most days, Dylan's black BMW, the one in which the police found a bomb the day of the attack, was parked, crookedly, on the Harris cul-de-sac. Arrested as a pair for stealing some tools out of a van last winter, they both pleaded guilty and then car-pooled to weekly sessions in the juvenile diversion program that kept them out of jail.

In the boys' violent death, many see Eric as the leader. He was the author of the journal laying out the deadly plot, the master of the Web site filled with venomous threats. A sarcastic loudmouth, Eric was always the first to volunteer to read his personal essays in class, quick to make fun of a guest speaker; Dylan was shy, usually talking only to Eric in class.

But in life, Eric often copied Dylan, Devon Adams said. Dylan started working at Blackjack, and soon Eric was filling out a job application. Dylan put a sticker on his car showing his devotion to the German band Rammstein, and days later a sticker turned up on Eric's Honda Prelude.

Dylan, Devon said, had not asked a girl on a date since one turned him down freshman or sophomore year; it took Robyn Anderson, the young woman who bought three guns used in the attack, three hours to persuade him to go to the prom with her, just as friends. Eric struck out asking three different girls to the prom, then showed up alone at the all-night casino party afterward.

Having grown up in Littleton, Dylan had more close friends, but Eric, who complained about his new home to friends back in upstate New York, attracted more attention. He glared at people in the hallways, got into fist fights with athletes, criticized Columbine and its Rebels, even as he insisted that everyone call him by the nickname Reb.

While Dylan worked in the sound booth for school plays, Eric's only sign of school spirit was collaborating on videos for morning announcements, like the one where the two boys spelled out RNN, for Rebel News Network, in lighter fluid in a grassy park and then set it aflame.

''He wasn't a Columbine Rebel,'' Devon said of Eric, ''He was just a rebel.''

When the boys were arrested for the van break-in, Dylan was the first to confess, but Eric told investigators it was his friend's idea. The magistrate who took the teen-agers' guilty pleas doubted that it was their first criminal activity, but said they seemed to have appropriate curfews and household responsibilities.

''We're glad he got caught the first time,'' Wayne Harris told the judge. ''We haven't had any indication of other prior problems.''

For more than a year before his death, Eric had been seeing a therapist, first every other week, then once a month. He was taking Luvox, an anti-depressant, and traces were found in his body, the coroner said.

''The whole family knew that he was having some mental problems and getting counseling,'' said the Rev. Kenneth Biel, who said Eric's aunt, Sandra Birks, discussed it with him.

At Columbine, a school of nearly 2,000 students where pictures of All-America athletes lined the halls, Eric and Dylan found their niche outside in the smoking pit. They performed well in classes, but were far on the outskirts of the social scene.

Expert computer programmers who configured games like Doom to their own specifications, the two were once suspended for hacking into the school mainframe. But the boys also helped maintain Columbine's Linux server, and taught classmates how to download from the Internet.

In retrospect, perhaps nothing is more eerie than their on-line personae. Dylan's member profile on America Online said he ''never will'' marry but listed a hobby of ''chasing the ladies (with guns).'' His motto: ''death will take us so don't fight it.'' Eric's screen name, Rebdomine, played off the Latin for ''lord'' and his Web site was overflowing with profanity and wild threats against everyone and everything he did not like.

''WHAT I DON'T DO I DON'T LIKE,'' said a poem on the page. ''WHAT I DON'T LIKE I WASTE.''

At school, Dylan and Eric both wrote ''stuff about killing students and teachers, blowing up the classroom,'' said Rebecca Hein, who was in their creative writing class.

About a month before the shootings, school officials said, a teacher spoke to Mrs. Klebold and Dylan's guidance counselor about a violent essay he had written. Dylan, who had also written a research paper admiring Charles Manson, replied that it was just a story.

Eric, whose wit and writing style was admired by his peers, chose guns and war as frequent topics. His memoir was of fake Army battles with his older brother; when the assignment was to imagine yourself as an inanimate object, Eric chose a bullet, flying through the barrel.

''It was more violent than what anybody else wrote,'' Ms. Hein said, ''but it was hilarious.''

Five days before the shooting, Eric's hopes of becoming a Marine were undone after his parents told a recruiter about the Luvox, which disqualified him. The Marine recruiter who visited the Harris home declined to discuss the matter, as did the family's lawyer. Friends said that Eric was crushed by the news, and had been growing increasingly depressed as graduation neared.

''Everybody was leaving him behind,'' explained Nathan Dykeman, who has moved to Florida to attend school. ''Everybody had thought for a couple of months that Eric's mood was decreasing.''

Still, both boys were making plans: Sarah Davis, 18, a friend of Eric from Plattsburgh, said he was planning to visit her this summer on a cross-country road trip. And Devon Adams had a date to see the film ''The Matrix'' with Dylan and another friend on Wednesday evening, April 21.

The next morning, Susan Klebold noticed a ''fatalistic tone'' when he said goodbye before going to school, she later told a minister.

The morning of the shooting, Nathan Dykeman found it odd that his two friends skipped bowling class. When he heard that the gunmen inside the school were wearing trench coats, Nathan called the Klebolds. Tom Klebold checked his son's bedroom -- Dylan's duster was not in the closet.

Mr. Klebold quickly called the police to offer his assistance. He was too late.

''He said, 'I can't even speak,' '' Nathan's mother, Julie Good, recalled of her conversation with the killer's father that day. '' 'I don't know what to say.' ''

On the morning after the killings, Wayne Harris phoned the family dentist. Eric had an appointment on June 30. He needed to cancel it.

Only later would Mr. Harris crumble in devastation.

''That feeling inside where you feel dead, too,'' explained Derek Holliday, 20, a close friend of Kevin Harris who has visited the family several times since the shooting. ''Pain, just pain.''

The week after the shooting, Tom Klebold was filled with rage.

''He was angry about being detained at his home when he wanted to go intervene at the high school,'' said Edgar Berg, a former colleague. ''He was angry about the availability of guns. He was angry about the access to weird images and videos.

''He was angry because he'd lost what he described as his best friend.''
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eric Harris in the sixth grade - the year his family moved states for a third time to Plattsburgh New York, where he attended Stafford Middle School up until the seventh grade.

“He was a really nice kid. He was really sweet, got good grades. He loved sports,” a former classmate, Nora Bordeau, said in an interview a week after the shootings.

“He was a shy kid, but he was a good kid,” another classmate and old friend of Eric, Sarah Davis, recalled. “We just wanted people to know he wasn’t always like that. It’s scary that people can change so much in five years.”
Back to top Go down

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:21 am

What could have been the reason the FBI refused to let her see the unsent email? Makes you wonder what is said. Has it ever been made public?
Back to top Go down
Betulapendula

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 am

I guess not. Could be nothing important though...
In the 11k it says (couldn't copy/paste it):
"Eric Harris had one e-mail which had not been sent. It seemed to be a lot of personal data about Harris".
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83242
Forum Reputation : 598

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks for the links. It's interesting to hear that although she always felt that he was a nice, compassionate kid that she would have thought of Eric as a potential school shooter while he was thousands of miles away. It's odd that she would have suspected that and had the same reaction of those in Littleton, not being surprised, since she didn't really know much about how he had changed.

And if everything she says is accurate, it's strange that Eric would have told her that he was rejected from the armed forces. Was he lying to her or did he assume that the medication or legal trouble would probably get him rejected? This could be important because most of us have always assumed that Eric did not really know that he would be rejected and that it couldn't have figured into his decision to go ahead with the massacre.

In regard to the unsent e-mail, doesn't it sound like this could possibly be that chain letter with the questionnaire that Eric filled out? It says on the report, "It seemed to be a lot of personal data about Harris." And it also says that this girl Sarah was the "first addressee," so it sounds like it was meant to be sent to multiple people, not a personal letter to her addressed only to her. It doesn't say it was composed on 4/20 either, just that it was the only unsent e-mail on his AOL account. There is supposed to be an attached report detailing the contact with Sarah. Does anyone know if this was included somewhere in the 11K?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Quote :
In retrospect, perhaps nothing is more eerie than their on-line personae. Dylan's member profile on America Online said he ''never will'' marry but listed a hobby of ''chasing the ladies (with guns).'' His motto: ''death will take us so don't fight it.'' Eric's screen name, Rebdomine, played off the Latin for ''lord'' and his Web site was overflowing with profanity and wild threats against everyone and everything he did not like.

Was this supposedly the Wurmhole profile? I read that he didn't have AOL for very long since he kept hacking it and got kicked off.

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 pm

sscc wrote:

And if everything she says is accurate, it's strange that Eric would have told her that he was rejected from the armed forces. Was he lying to her or did he assume that the medication or legal trouble would probably get him rejected? This could be important because most of us have always assumed that Eric did not really know that he would be rejected and that it couldn't have figured into his decision to go ahead with the massacre.

I agree. It was never made 100% clear if Eric knew he had been rejected by the Marines or not. There are various stories that seem to point in either direction. Some say he did know, and others say that he didn't. Just another Columbine mystery.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 pm

I never got the idea that Eric knew completely and again, I don't have the article.. I'm bad at that guys, I am so sorry! However it sounds like he was supposed to call the man who interviewed him and he didn't It sounded like he had to be off the meds for 1 year then he could reenlist. I thought the only reason he was rejected was due to that.

I'm also sure this has been talked to death, but the way the dates line up. If Eric was off meds for a year it would be 2000, he could try again or even after another year, it is 2001 and after 9/11 I assume he'd be able to join.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:26 pm

April 2, 1999 Eric Harris spoke with Staff Sergeant Mark Gonzales about joining the Marines. Harris indicated that he'd thought college but said that he was interested the Marine Corps. After sharing some personal details with the Staff Sergeant (including his plans after graduation and telling him that he had never done drugs), Eric was scheduled for further interview and testing.

April 5, 1999 Eric Harris showed up for his scheduled testing on time, driving a car with a Rammstein sticker in the back window. He was wearing black pants, black combat boots, and a black t-shirt with the word "Rammstein" on the front. He scored average on the initial screening test. At the end of the interviews he told the recruiting officer that he wanted to think about enlisting and that he also wished to talk the matter over with his parents.

April 8, 1999 Eric Harris returned to the military recruiting office to speak to Staff Sergeant Gonzales again about enlisting. Harris arranged for a home visit by Staff Sergeant Gonzales on April 15th.

April 11, 1999 Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold make "Reb's Tape" - one of the Basement Tapes marked evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. In it they discuss their plans and how the event will impact their parents and the people who care about them. While they express regret for the trouble it will cause their families they appear dedicated to and even proud of their "two man war against everyone else".

April 14, 1999 Staff Sergeant Gonzales met Eric at Blackjack Pizza to confirm his appointment for the home visit.

April 15, 1999 Staff Sergeant Mark Gonzales met Eric Harris and his father at the Harris residence. During a casual conversation between Gonzales and Dwayne Harris about Eric's future with the military Eric's mother came downstairs and joined the conversation. She asked if Eric would still be eligible if he were taking an anti-depressant. She then showed the Staff Sergeant one of Eric's prescription bottles and he copied down the name of the drug prescribed: Luvox®️. Gonzales said that he would check on the eligibility status and would call them back.

April 16 or 17, 1999 According to the Columbine Report, Staff Sergeant Gonzales left a message on voicemail at the Harris residence for Eric Harris to call him but never received a call back. Gonzales said that he had no further contact with Harris and was therefore unable to inform him that he would not be eligible for entry into the Marines.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Thank you!!!

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:13 pm

anytime!
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 11:09 am

"Dylan's member profile on America Online said he ''never will'' marry but listed a hobby of ''chasing the ladies (with guns).'' His motto: ''death will take us so don't fight it.''

I concur with screamings post. I thought that no one ever found out what Dylan's screen name was, let alone have screen shots. Unless someone they interviewed told them this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An article I found Empty
PostSubject: Re: An article I found   An article I found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An article I found
Page 1 of 1