Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide

Go down 
+9
sororityalpha
Lavitax
Kiwik
Screamingophelia
pessimist
TheSpiral
Jenn
1Mare1
DooMRebel
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62319
Forum Reputation : 0

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Empty
PostSubject: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 am

Nasty, I can only imagine the brain tissue and pieces of flesh scattered around everywhere, even the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 3:05 am

Yea, there was brain tissues on the ceilling

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:41 am

Were those ever proven to be Eric's X-rays? Last I heard, people were still trying to debunk them as fake, or not actually Eric's.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Were those ever proven to be Eric's X-rays? Last I heard, people were still trying to debunk them as fake, or not actually Eric's.
I don't know if x-rays are fake or real but I'm sure that Eric's head looked like that after suicide.

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 5:51 am

DooMRebel wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I don't know if x-rays are fake or real but I'm sure that Eric's head looked like that after suicide.

I agree. That would have been a very gruesome sight to see, and then to have to clean up. I feel deeply sorry for the personal that had to do the clean up work in that library.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 6:24 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I agree. That would have been a very gruesome sight to see, and then to have to clean up. I feel deeply sorry for the personal that had to do the clean up work in that library.

Apparently, a piece of brain splashed out of his skull while they were removing his body. You've got to have a gut for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 am

1Mare1 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Apparently, a piece of brain splashed out of his skull while they were removing his body. You've got to have a gut for that.

Hun, I agree wholeheartedly with that. I have a somewhat strong stomach regarding certain age groups. I can read or hear about someone in or near my own age group and be saddened by it, although babies and small children, are my downfall.

I cannot handle anything involving kids. I will cry and get very emotional even while telling myself that I didn't personally know them. I think it is related to the fact that I have two small children of my own, and am the beloved Auntie of several under the age of 4.  It takes someone with an iron will to work a case involving children and still stay sane. Although all to often it seems these people sometimes end up with issues created by these types of jobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 am

I can only imagine what it must have been like for the members of his family. I know it's disturbing, but that's the first thought that came to my mind when I was reading Sue's book and got to the part where she described seeing Dylan's body and his funeral :/
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Hun, I agree wholeheartedly with that. I have a somewhat strong stomach regarding certain age groups. I can read or hear about someone in or near my own age group and be saddened by it, although babies and small children, are my downfall.

I cannot handle anything involving kids. I will cry and get very emotional even while telling myself that I didn't personally know them. I think it is related to the fact that I have two small children of my own, and am the beloved Auntie of several under the age of 4.  It takes someone with an iron will to work a case involving children and still stay sane. Although all to often it seems these people sometimes end up with issues created by these types of jobs.

Now that you mention it, people who work with dead people often quit their jobs after a few months, and one of crucial reasons are seeing mutilated and horribly injured children. I agree, it is not uncommon for them to have mental problems afterwards, or other traumas. My father worked as a car crash inspector, and I have to tell you he has seen a lot of infants during his career. Yes, he had problems with a heart diseases a few years later when he moved to the office.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I'm with you on this one. I cannot handle when I see things happening to babies and little children. Baby Briana will haunt me for the rest of my life. My heart breaks a million times over what happened to that little girl. She survived actual living hell for 5 months. Raped, beaten, tortured, bitten, neglected, starved, thrown in the air letting her head hit the ceiling and letting her just fall to the ground. That baby was bruised, bitten and beaten from the top of her head all the way down to her feet. She wasn't loved a single day in her life. And her Mother recently got out of prison and gets to go on with her life.

Children get me every time. Children and pets. I have 3 cats and when I see videos of people torturing them, throwing them against walls and hurting them, it makes me sad and depressed for days. The little orange kitten who was thrown against the wall so hard that his spine was broken and he tried to crawl away with his 2 front feet and he was picked up and thrown again. That's another one that will haunt me forever. When I hold and hug my cats and give them kisses and play with them, I can't imagine how anyone could ever want to hurt them. I love them so much. I used to foster kittens but I can't do it anymore. I get too attached and knowing they're gonna go out into a world where I have no idea what could happen to them is too much for me to handle. The last little guy I fostered was back in the summer of 2016 and I cried for days when I had to give him up. So I decided I couldn't do it anymore. That's one thing I agree with Eric about, a lot of the times this world is a really awful place.

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

Can't hadle seeing children suffer either.
I've seen a lot of pictures of bodies on my time on the internet, and none of them stuck with me.
But seeing small children and babies abused and killed makes me physically ill.
Also I don't think that is actually Eric. The autopsy states the the wound was a bit to the right.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 am

Actually, if the third picture is from the back, it could very well be Eric.

Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 am

TheSpiral wrote:
Actually, if the third picture is from the back, it could very well be Eric.

Yes, it's from the back. X ray made it look transparent so it looks like it's on the front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

Jenn wrote:
I'm with you on this one. I cannot handle when I see things happening to babies and little children. Baby Briana will haunt me for the rest of my life. My heart breaks a million times over what happened to that little girl. She survived actual living hell for 5 months. Raped, beaten, tortured, bitten, neglected, starved, thrown in the air letting her head hit the ceiling and letting her just fall to the ground. That baby was bruised, bitten and beaten from the top of her head all the way down to her feet. She wasn't loved a single day in her life. And her Mother recently got out of prison and gets to go on with her life.

Baby Briana's story killed a part of my soul when I read about it. Sad How could any mother do that to her own child, or let other people do such things to her child, or any child for that matter?! The fact those three monsters didn't die is insult to that beautiful baby's memory. Now that evil bitch was released from prison, and possibly has the chance to have other children.

I would actually love to meet her in person, I am not a violent person for the most part. But I could see myself beating that poor excuse for a mother to death and not feeling one ounce of regret or sympathy. I actually blame her more then the two so called men involved. After all she was the mother, her job was to protect that baby.

I signed every petition that was against her release. Hell I even wrote several e-mails, and letters and sent them to the Judges and lawmakers involved with her case. Yet somehow she was still let go. Blows my mind that the horrific death of that baby wasn't enough for the death penalty, wasn't enough for life in prison. Just goes to show you how little children are cared about in the justice system.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

Contribution Points : 60241

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 10:07 am

did he die instantly? or did he choke on his blood like klebold?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am

pessimist wrote:
did he die instantly? or did he choke on his blood like klebold?

I am pretty sure it was instant, as a good portion of his brain was splattered on the ceiling, the bookcase behind him, and on a nearby table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:50 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 3:35 pm

The Baby Briana story enrages me to the depths of my soul. I started listening to the episode of S&S while I was nannying (baby was sleeping!) and I had to turn it off because I was going to start crying and cursing loudly.I decided to listen to Spilled Milk they were talking about potatoes, it was safer.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 3:59 pm

I second that these are fake. The first time I saw this I showed it to a friend of mine who works in the medical field and she pointed out the inconsistencies.

And I know I've said it before on here, but I can't stand animal abuse/torture stories either. Even though I have a horrible temper and get angry at the drop of a hat, the only people who should be afraid of me are animal abusers. They infuriate me so much that I'd probably wipe their whole bloodlines off the planet.
Back to top Go down
Lavitax

Contribution Points : 64273

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Those are not Eric's x-rays. Someone on Tumblr used those as an example in their post describing Eric's suicide but oddly forgot to mention to people they were not actually his. When confronted about it, they admitted they just used random x-rays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:00 am

mordupen wrote:
These are fake. Compare this edit I done to show just how much the blast affected his head with the X-Ray photos. The Blast blew open the entire top of his head as well as the back whereas in the X-Ray photos there's a hole in the top of John Doe's head about the size of a CD.

Photos for comparison (GORE):

I agree. There wasn't much left of Eric's head after the shotgun blast.

Eric's X-rays would show a rim of scull slightly above the eye sockets in front, and almost nothing in the back. As the top, sides, and back of his scull was pretty much gone.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Sorry but I do not believe that X-ray is of Eric's head.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 65753
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 7:41 am

I agree that those x-rays do not appear to be of Eric (although I don't have a medical background). It just doesn't look consistent with the photos of him in the library showing his injuries.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 am

I think Eric's head looked like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The part of the head that was missing is bordered off by the red line.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 pm

TheSpiral wrote:
I think Eric's head looked like this:
The part of the head that was missing is bordered off by the red line.
I agree

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:37 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
mordupen wrote:
These are fake. Compare this edit I done to show just how much the blast affected his head with the X-Ray photos. The Blast blew open the entire top of his head as well as the back whereas in the X-Ray photos there's a hole in the top of John Doe's head about the size of a CD.

Photos for comparison (GORE):

I agree. There wasn't much left of Eric's head after the shotgun blast.

Eric's X-rays would show a rim of scull slightly above the eye sockets in front, and almost nothing in the back. As the top, sides, and back of his scull was pretty much gone.

It's hard to tell what his head looks like but is this his face its hard to tell his hand is in the way

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:45 am

Rammstein92 wrote:
It's hard to tell what his head looks like but is this his face its hard to tell his hand is in the way

Yes, That is what was left of his face.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Jenn wrote:
And her Mother recently got out of prison and gets to go on with her life.
She's out?
You're kidding, right?
Please tell me you're joking...
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Seems fake.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Jenn wrote:

I saw the pictures of her leaving prison, all laughing and smiling. I'm normally not a violent person, but I would have loved to punch her in her shit grinning face.
Any person with an IQ higher than 1 would want to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 4:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 am

mordupen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That poor little baby lost her life after suffering every single day of her short life and this bitch gets to rejoin society and she's still young too. She can have more kids if she wants, get married and still live a long, full life. It just makes me so sad thinking about that adorable little baby and everything she went through.

The kid is gone. Regardless if it died from a beating or in its sleep It's not feeling much of anything as of now. Plus better a baby than a 5-year-old for example.

Wow. All children are defenseless. But this comment.....just wow

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:15 am

Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:
That poor little baby lost her life after suffering every single day of her short life and this bitch gets to rejoin society and she's still young too. She can have more kids if she wants, get married and still live a long, full life. It just makes me so sad thinking about that adorable little baby and everything she went through.

The kid is gone. Regardless if it died from a beating or in its sleep It's not feeling much of anything as of now. Plus better a baby than a 5-year-old for example.

Wow.  All children are defenseless.  But this comment.....just wow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely agree. I was going to comment on that, but knew there was no way to keep it civil so I didn't. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely agree. I was going to comment on that, but knew there was no way to keep it civil so I didn't. Evil or Very Mad

I mean I guess it is a good thing that she is no longer being subjected to abuse on a daily basis, but how she had to get there.... it might just be the mother in me but I can't for the life of me think that beating any child is better than others. Sad

There is a special place in hell for that mother. That is all I have to say

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:22 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:

I mean I guess it is a good thing that she is no longer being subjected to abuse on a daily basis, but how she had to get there.... it might just be the mother in me but I can't for the life of me think that beating any child is better than others.  Sad

There is a special place in hell for that mother. That is all I have to say

EXACTLY! I would hate to think of the things I would do to anyone who ever hurt my children, or even attempted to hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 am

No one was even looking out for her either. Someone to get her out of the home into a good family to take care of her. I'm not sure what her life would have been like anyway with all the abuse she sustained but who knows? She could have had a fighting chance.

It's another reason I get annoyed when people compare Lanza to E&D, I have no interest in looking into Sandy Hook because there is a huge different in my mind between teens killing teens and an adult killing 6 year olds. Neither are right in any way but I can have empathy for E&D but others like James Holmes and Lanza, I don't at all.

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
It's another reason I get annoyed when people compare Lanza to E&D, I have no interest in looking into Sandy Hook because there is a huge different in my mind between teens killing teens and an adult killing 6 year olds. Neither are right in any way but I can have empathy for E&D but others like James Holmes and Lanza, I don't at all.
You're not alone. I see this distinction drawn time and again. Adam was only a couple of years older than Eric and Dylan and he was developmentally impaired in a way that Eric and Dylan were not. The choice of victims in the two cases was certainly different but if you acknowledge that murder is murder, then how do you maintain empathy for murderers of defenseless youth but draw a line when you subtract ten years from the ages of victims? Since Holmes did not target children, that doesn't seem to be what is drawing this line in your mind after all. Maybe you can just relate to the lives and personalities of Eric and Dylan more than Holmes and Lanza?

I guess my main question would be, what is the distinguishing factor which allows you to maintain empathy for Eric and Dylan that you find lacking in other mass killers?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am

I can relate to Eric and Dylan a lot more and I still maintain that because it happened when I was 17 I look at it through those eyes, even though I'm older now. I was bullied, had a few cursory friends, came from a "good" family, was the good kid but full of a ton of anger and probably would be someone that if an Eric or Dylan came my way and said "we should blow up the school" back then I may have said "hell yea' when Columbine happened it scared me because of that. Through researching them and learning I really feel like they would have been guys that I would have been friends with, mainly Dylan, at least we would have known each other through the theatre. I was one of the ones that reached out to Sue Klebold, I called her and we talked for a while back in 2000.

The other shootings like Aurora, I'm looking at as an adult. James Holmes was mentally ill (but so were Eric and Dylan but they seemed to be able to maintain more of a front) him being alive takes away the mystique too.

Columbine hits me in the gut every time. I also started off in the yahoo groups back when it first happened. We raised money for the victims families and while yes we were young and talked about how cute they were but never condoning of course we tried to do some good.

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I can relate to Eric and Dylan a lot more and I still maintain that because it happened when I was 17 I look at it through those eyes, even though I'm older now. I was bullied, had a few cursory friends, came from a "good" family, was the good kid but full of a ton of anger and probably would be someone that if an Eric or Dylan came my way and said "we should blow up the school" back then I may have said "hell yea' when Columbine happened it scared me because of that. Through researching them and learning I really feel like they would have been guys that I would have been friends with, mainly Dylan, at least we would have known each other through the theatre. I was one of the ones that reached out to Sue Klebold, I called her and we talked for a while back in 2000.

The other shootings like Aurora, I'm looking at as an adult. James Holmes was mentally ill (but so were Eric and Dylan but they seemed to be able to maintain more of a front) him being alive takes away the mystique too.

Columbine hits me in the gut every time. I also started off in the yahoo groups back when it first happened. We raised money for the victims families and while yes we were young and talked about how cute they were but never condoning of course we tried to do some good.
Thank you for your response. It seems that a lot of people who are drawn to Columbine can understand to some extent what Eric and Dylan were feeling, whether they were teens when it happened, are teens when they first hear about it or just because they can remember how unpleasant and confusing it was to be a teenager.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 pm

You're welcome. I'm glad I could shed some light. There are some people who think I condone what they did, I don't at all what so ever. I found their actions that day vile of course.

Though when I need a laugh I do go back and read my old yahoo posts from 99/2000 the misspellings and the saltiness PLUS the lack of info, kind of hysterical. I passionately stated the Shoels were only suing the families of Eric and Dylan for money and Cassie's parents would NEVER do such a thing.. sighs.... sighs...
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
You're welcome. I'm glad I could shed some light. There are some people who think I condone what they did, I don't at all what so ever. I found their actions that day vile of course.
I just want to let you know that I wasn't suggesting that you condone their actions. Unless someone implies that they approve of Eric and Dylan's violence, I always assume that their empathy is well-meaning and not hateful.

To clarify, my question was more to the point of why it's so easy for many people to see Eric and Dylan as human beings deserving of empathy while others are placed squarely in the "monster" category with no grey area and what factors dictate the boundaries of this distinction.

I won't pretend that I feel empathy for every person who has ever lived, so I can understand that we all draw distinctions in our mind, but I suspect that the difference here is based more on whether we feel that we can understand (and sometimes relate to) a person as a whole human being outside of their acts of violence than it is based on any particular aspect of the violence itself. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me. So, if someone knows nothing about a person aside from the horrible acts they engaged in, then there is no reason for them to have any empathy. Of course, some would probably argue that you don't really need to know any more than what they've done to make a judgment but as we see with Eric and Dylan, it might be a bit more complicated than that.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks SSCC, I didn't take it that way, I always feel the need to say that whenever I talk about them.

I think about that a lot too. I see E&D as two kids that got angry and tangled up in something that they couldn't and didn't want to get out of. Their friendship was really strong and you wonder what they could have done if they focused their energy on some positive things and worked together.

You are absolutely right, if you don't look into a case and you ONLY know what they did that day and read about the horrible things Dylan said on that day for example and how they were joking and just being horrible you wouldn't have empathy.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide
Page 1 of 1