Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New TV Show About Active Shooters

Go down 
+12
Acid84
Juicy Jazzy
InsaneIntruder
Tuga
Screamingophelia
sscc
PredBull
QuestionMark
Smiggles94
abstractsmigs
STK
Ainjel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 am

I haven't seen it yet, I have to catch it streaming today. That is a fantastic line from Tom Mauser. It's true, none of the kids but Eric and Dylan were doing ANYTHING wrong that day nor could they have taken steps to prevent it. They were at school, trying to learn and two ass holes with guns started shooting. Who thinks to themselves "better not go to the library, seems like a bad idea"

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65858
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I just finished watching it and I wasn’t all that surprised about how this was portrayed. I thought the music used at the beginning and end was kind of creepy. DeAngelis is just as much in denial today about his school as he was then. Cullen continued to push his theory that Eric is a psycho and Dylan is a love-sick depressed follower. Im curious if anyone has ever asked Cullen to explain Dylan’s actions on the day of the massacre if he was just following orders so to speak. This episode also made me wonder if the Harris’s and Klebold’s stay away from all-things media whenever there is a mass shooting because they ultimately know that Columbine will be brought up as a reference at some point. Also as a parent, and as someone who was a Senior in high school when Columbine happened, I found it heartbreaking that the norm today is practicing active shooter drills. When I was in school, our normal drills were typically tornado and fire drills. I also wondered if my parents found it hard to let me go to school the next day.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Ainjel wrote:
I just finished watching it and I wasn’t all that surprised about how this was portrayed. I thought the music used at the beginning and end was kind of creepy.  DeAngelis is just as much in denial today about his school as he was then.  Cullen continued to push his theory that Eric is a psycho and Dylan is a love-sick depressed follower.  Im curious if anyone has ever asked Cullen to explain Dylan’s actions on the day of the massacre if he was just following orders so to speak.  This episode also made me wonder if the Harris’s and Klebold’s stay away from all-things media whenever there is a mass shooting because they ultimately know that Columbine will be brought up as a reference at some point.  Also as a parent, and as someone who was a Senior in high school when Columbine happened, I found it heartbreaking that the norm today is practicing active shooter drills.  When I was in school, our normal drills were typically tornado and fire drills.  I also wondered if my parents found it hard to let me go to school the next day.  

I was a senior as well. I don't remember if my mother was nervous about sending me to school, she was wondering why I was watching the news coverage so much, I guess I was never a big news watcher. She was freaked out by trench coats though, which was pretty silly to me. She asked if anyone at my school wore them, and I said well in the winter because it's cold.....

I would LOVE to know if anyone has ever asked that of Dave Cullen. I would like to know what he says. I guess in the book he skips over anytime that Dylan said cruel things and laughed. Dylan was the nastier of the two. I do remember when it first happened the Dylan being the depressed follower with a lot of friends who snapped was the norm. We know it's not true now.

Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] At last we know why the Columbine killers did it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks SSCC, I'm glad Cullen has explained it to me. Smile

They do blatantly pic a very nice picture of Eric and a not so great one of Dylan, so we can certainly see how the media still portrays people in a certain way.

That look on Cullen's face in that screen cap LOL. "most common word was love"

Did he read what was in Eric's yearbook??

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Thanks SSCC, I'm glad Cullen has explained it to me. Smile

They do blatantly pic a very nice picture of Eric and a not so great one of Dylan, so we can certainly see how the media still portrays people in a certain way.

That look on Cullen's face in that screen cap LOL. "most common word was love"

Did he read what was in Eric's yearbook??
I'm sure that Cullen thinks that Dylan was only playing along with Eric's desires so that he could die. He said that Dylan "finally agreed" to go along with Eric's plan in the documentary. I think an even better question is why he wrote what he wrote in his private journal, which Eric would never see. Cullen always mentions that Dylan was talking about suicide for two years before Columbine but he never mentions that Dylan was also talking about going on a vengeful killing spree without Eric when he speaks about how much love there was in Dylan's journal. I don't know why Cullen insists on presenting facts selectively but he does it very consistently.

Luckily, Kate Battan was allowed to speak for a moment about the difference between their personalities so there was at least a little bit of balance to it. She said that Eric was more Type A and Dylan was more Type B so Dylan may have been the type to go with the flow and Eric was the man with the plan but that didn't make Dylan a sad puppy follower and it was clear that he was all in. I think that's probably the most accurate interpretation and it doesn't surprise me that someone who had to take photos of the victims would find it more difficult to gloss over Dylan's enthusiastic participation in the events of that day. I agree that Eric and Dylan had different personalities and that their motivations were somewhat different but I don't think the contrast is as striking as Cullen wants us to believe that it is. I still don't completely disbelieve the psychopath diagnosis but putting Eric's motivations aside, I do believe that Dylan was seeking revenge as much as he was looking for a way to die.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I agree and I'm glad Kate Battan got to speak about it. You can't interview people and see the crime scene and think it was only Eric who was into it.

I think it was proven Eric shot more but Dylan was certainly an active participant who got VERY brutal. There are people walking around with visible scars of Dylan's brutality, he didn't want to die without taking people down with him, or he would have killed himself long before.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Can someone post a link please?

Found one. You can just torrent it...

Last edited by Juicy Jazzy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65858

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your right on both accounts.  I had forgotten about NBK in Dylan’s journal and the Battan interview.  I feel like Cullen only pulls out the parts that fit his narrative and saying that Dylan wrote about NBK before him and Eric ever started planning would not prove his psychopath/follower theory that he pushes down everyones’ throats.
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

Contribution Points : 68404
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:01 am

Just started watching active shooter and must say I really like it... it doesn't necessarily add any new information on these crimes etc but it does add a real human element etc.
Just finished the third one which is about charleston...
Give it a watch if you havent already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Acid84 wrote:
Just started watching active shooter and must say I really like it... it doesn't necessarily add any new information on these crimes etc but it does add a real human element etc.
Just finished the third one which is about charleston...
Give it a watch if you havent already

did you tivo the Charleston one or find it online?

if online can you link it
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 2:29 pm

No buddy I have a app called terrarium on my phone (android) can stream almost any show or movie in the world.
Check it out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Acid84 wrote:
No buddy I have a app called terrarium on my phone (android) can stream almost any show or movie in the world.
Check it out

i dont have an android Sad
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh, dont know what to suggest with apple Sad
Back to top Go down
Joeyy

Contribution Points : 76022

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 am

If you're in Australia you can stream it on Stan which is what I did. I really enjoyed the episodes and think they are done quite well. I struggled with the Columbine one because of Cullen, he makes me so angry. I was disappointed that he was in there. I like that they focused on the lesser known shootings. Fingers crossed they get picked up for another season, I'm excited to see what else they have. I binge watched every episode in two days.
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:23 am

Yeah was good I wish they didnt have the content to make these episodes but in our modern day reality they could probably book themselves 8 seasons in advance and within the next few years fill all of them.
Back to top Go down
Wildchild

Wildchild

Contribution Points : 59095

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:32 am

If you subscribe to Showtime, you should be able to watch all the episodes On Demand.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:42 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
Here are the highest quality episodes I've found on dailymotion:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
The San Bernardino video was taken down due to copyright.
The Santa Monica video was taken down too.
Back to top Go down
Acid84

Acid84

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Finding this a great series, currently watching the Santa Monica one... One thing I am wondering is why the virginia tech/sandy hook shootings didn't make the first series. Really hope they have second series
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69576
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 am

Didn't really learn anything new in the Columbine episode. The part where the officer said he was looking down at Eric and Dylan's bodies was pretty powerful moment though. I noticed Cullen didn't discuss what Dylan was doing or saying in the library to back up his follower theory, yet the other person interview responded against that by saying he wasn't just a puppy taking orders. I also didn't like the part where they talked about the police now enter faster, yet they are referring to all these new shootings and not ones like Columbine where there could be booby trapped bombs.

The last segment where they are showing 9 year old children being told about what they would do in a shooting situation may be important and can save lives, but it just came across as creepy, but I guess that is the world we live in now, shootings are like a natural disasters you gotta be prepared for like hurricanes or earth quakes.. It was just so strange seeing these little children get told that there is a possibility someone could come in shooting and they got to hide, talk about giving these kids nightmares and making the world at a young age look like a scary place. I was in the minority where I found going to school to be terrifying, but I guess other's are now seeing it that way.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Most Americans sound exactly the same to me and I couldn’t even guess what state they were from. Is it me though or does Kate Battan sound exactly like Jodie Foster?

I thought it was a bit creepy how she named all the kids by numbers and carried around Polaroid’s of them everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Thread moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TV Show About Active Shooters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2