Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Murders By Fire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass Murders By Fire Empty
PostSubject: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm

I've known about most of these for a while and thought that i'd do  a topic and post on the subject, there have been many acts of mass murder involving fire and even though the death counts are averagely high most of you will probably not know about many of these.

Daegu Subway Fire 2003 - 192 Dead 151 injured

Hartford Circus Fire 1944 - 169 Dead 682 injured

Our Lady Of The Angels School Fire 1958 - 95 Dead 100 injured

Happy Land Fire 1990 - 87 dead 6 injured

Fuzhou Fire 1993 - 61 Dead 15 injured

Jahra Wedding Fire 2009 - 57 Dead 90 injured

Xiamen Bus Fire 2013 - 46 Dead 34 injured

Notre Dame du lac Quebec Fire 1969 - 40 Dead 2 injured

Denmark Place Fire 1980 - 37 Dead 23 injured

Putian Factory Fire 2007 - 37 Dead 23 injured

1991 Istanbul Fire 1991 - 36 Dead 10 injured

Pujian Fire 1997 - 32 Dead 4 injured

Harbin Fire 1997 Fire - 31 Dead 24 injured

Chengdu Bus Fire 2009 - 27 Dead 73 injured

Taoyuan Bus Fire 2016 - 25 Dead 0 injured

LA Apartments Fire 1982 - 24 Dead 32 injured

Haifeng Fire 2001 - 24 Dead 0 injured

Wuxi Fire 2010 - 23 Dead 19 injured

Taipei Fire 1993 - 20 Dead 7 injured
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm

The Daegu subway fire has always interested me. Considering it was an accidental arson caused by the actual victims and Kim's original intention was to set himself on fire and not kill anyone else (basically he wanted to commit suicide in a public place but gun laws) and he didn't kill himself like he intended but still killed 192 people. Death itself must really not like him. He died in prison though, so at least he got what he wanted eventually. Except he didn't die with a huge crowd of people watching like he wanted and it wasn't a suicide, he seems to have died due to an illness.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70474
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Grenfell tower fire was really bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 pm

That wasn't a mass murder.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58092
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:06 am

why not? it's was done with the purpose to kill and amount of deaths is quite impressive.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 am

The thought of being trapped in a burning building, knowing that you can't get out would be a very horrific way to die. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The thought of being trapped in a burning building, knowing that you can't get out would be a very horrific way to die. Sad

It's better than drowning or hanging. You'd just better hope that the smoke actually kills you before the fire reaches you and doesn't just leave you unconscious waiting for a warm wakeup.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 pm

drowning is okay. if I could choose I'm rather pick that method.
Also, usually when someone is trapped in fire, there is a very high possibility that he gonna die because of smoke poisoning.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 pm

mordupen wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It's better than drowning or hanging. You'd just better hope that the smoke actually kills you before the fire reaches you and doesn't just leave you unconscious waiting for a warm wakeup.

It is a very rare thing when I agree with you, but this is one of those times.  

I have NEVER understood the people who say that they think drowning would be an easy way to die. I know from first hand experience what it feels like to almost drown.  I was about 13, and jumped off a small cliff into a lake on a dare. I knew how to swim, but apparently not that well, as I went under and didn't make it back up. Was saved by a stranger, my friends were to freaked out to actually help.

It was one of the most terrifying things I have ever been through in my life. Shocked Sad  Nope you just don't float away, your body fights it with everything. I still have bad nightmares about it and wake up not being able to breathe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Jea wrote:
Also, usually when someone is trapped in fire, there is a very high possibility that he  gonna die because of smoke poisoning.

Most do die from smoke inhalation. Which would be my pick over being roasted alive for sure. BUT I have almost drowned, NOT a fun experience. No
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jea wrote:
Also, usually when someone is trapped in fire, there is a very high possibility that he  gonna die because of smoke poisoning.

Most do die from smoke inhalation. Which would be my pick over being roasted alive for sure. BUT I have almost drowned, NOT a fun experience. No
me too. I fell under the ice on the winter river when I was a child.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Jea wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jea wrote:

Do you ever have nightmares about it? I still do.affraid I can say that was one thing that scared me for life. I was deathly afraid of deep water for a long time after that. I was fine as long as I could see or touch the bottom, but if I couldn't I would have bad panic attacks and would actually hyperventilate. Took me forever to be able to swim and trust myself in deep water again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Jea wrote:
why not? it's was done with the purpose to kill and amount of deaths is quite impressive.

The cause of the fire was faulty electrics, not arson.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 1:28 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jea wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jea wrote:

Do you ever have nightmares about it? I still do.affraid  I can say that was one thing that scared me for life. I was deathly afraid of deep water for a long time after that. I was fine as long as I could see or touch the bottom, but if I couldn't I would have bad panic attacks and would actually hyperventilate. Took me forever to be able to swim and trust myself in deep water again.
Actually no and I love to swim too. But I do remember very clearly the moments when I fell and seconds before it. When I fell under the ice I was swept away by the river, I looked up and there was ice above my head, and then I saw a hole ahead and started to swim there. My winter coat was so heavy and also I couldn't move my fingers, in that moment I knew that probably I'm gonna to die very soon (that was very strange feeling, it's very hard to describe it, but it's wasn't a fear, just a knowing). I was very afraid only in moment when I reached the hole I tried to go out of there, was so scared that ice gonna start to break more. And tnx to self-preservation sense somehow I decided that I should move away on the knees. I reached the ground and passed out. Had water in lungs.

Last edited by Jea on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Jea wrote:

The cause of the fire was faulty electrics, not arson.
oh, I see, my bad, I just thought you're talking about fires on the first post.

log_1987

log_1987

Contribution Points : 57706
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cinema Rex fire. It happened in 1978. 420 died. It was the worst incident of terrorism/mass murder until the 9/11 attacks.

In Australia there was the Whiskey Au Go Go fire 1973, and the Childers Palace Backpackers Hostel fire 2000, both of which had a death toll of 15. A number of bushfires in Australia involved arson and people died as a result, although I'm not sure if I'd consider them incidents of intentional mass murder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 pm

log_1987 wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cinema Rex fire. It happened in 1978. 420 died. It was the worst incident of terrorism/mass murder until the 9/11 attacks.

In Australia there was the Whiskey Au Go Go fire 1973, and the Childers Palace Backpackers Hostel fire 2000, both of which had a death toll of 15. A number of bushfires in Australia involved arson and people died as a result, although I'm not sure if I'd consider them incidents of intentional mass murder.

Heyo Julian Knight
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 am

log_1987 wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cinema Rex fire. 

Mass murder via arson is something that isn't studied or discussed nearly as much as killings committed with a gun, or even a knife or car. I first heard about the cases listed in the OP on Encyclopedia Dramaticaof all places (no doubt due to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Murders By Fire   Mass Murders By Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Murders By Fire
Page 1 of 1