Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another round of...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Another round of... Empty
PostSubject: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 am

Let's interpret a line!

Dylan wrote in Eric's yearbook "My wrath for January's incident will be Godlike not to mention our revenge in the commons"

So if he was referring to the van break in, wouldn't it be OUR wrath. Though Dylan did take that as a huge humiliation and he wasn't one who could handle any lose of face in a positive way. Everything got to him and he remembered every slight and every incident. Or could he have been talking about the ketchup? I heard it was just Dylan and I read that it was both of them too. There seems to be a very variations of the ketchup incident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 am

I always took that to mean the van break in, but since he was writing it to Eric he just said My instead or Our.

The ketchup incident is really unclear to me as well, as there are conflicting stories. Some say it was only Dylan, and others say it was Dylan AND Eric. scratch
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66528
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

I agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , he was just referring to himself because he was talking to Eric. He then said "our" revenge in the commons, which is what makes the line sound strange.

I like these line interpretation threads!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

I also never connected the "wrath" in that statement with his "wrath" shirt on NBK until just now.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks Littlelo, they are fun! There was a VERY in depth analysis I read about Dylan's poem, trying to figure out what girl it would have been about.

I didn't get the meaning of the Wrath and Natural Selection shirts until years later. They thought a lot about them. They were also almost playing characters that embodied their shirts too.

The ketchup incident still puzzles me too. I've also heard they were tampons in some instances, other times packets. Think of how much effort that takes. Getting tampons, unwrapping them, putting ketchup on them and then throwing them..

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The ketchup incident still puzzles me too. I've also heard they were tampons in some instances, other times packets. Think of how much effort that takes. Getting tampons, unwrapping them, putting ketchup on them and then throwing them..

Thinking about this makes me genuinely sad Sad
It's weird because Dylan was a tall guy, and I know he told Sue he didn't have to worry about getting shit from other students nearly as much as Eric did. Maybe he just told her that to minimize things...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 am

He seemed to want to keep up appearances and deal with everything on his own. He was really good at hiding things.

I cannot seem to find it but I thought Dustin Gordon said he helped him clean up in the bathroom.

Dylan also could have gotten crap for hanging out with Eric, or because he didn't fight back no one cared about how big he was, they were just jerks.

I think bullying of all kinds sucks but I get why Dylan lashed out and supposedly bullied other kids too. It's a cycle.

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 12:02 pm

In all honesty they probably got a bigger kick out of picking on Dylan because he was taller/bigger, yet still wouldn't really defend himself.

Kids showing off for for each other can take some really nasty turns. Its like they will try to think of ways to top the previous act of bullying, or to get an even bigger reaction.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 pm

If I were mean to Eric or Dylan (or anyone who ended up hurting themselves or others) I'd live with that guilt every day. It's sad all around.

PostSubject: Re: Another round of...   Another round of... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another round of...
Page 1 of 1