Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom Klebold

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Are there any pictures of him without his glasses on? I've always been curious as to what he looked like.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 163

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think Dylan and Byron have their dads nose but I think Dylan favors his mom more.

Screamingophelia

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 pm

That photo that was shared is interesting, someone posted an analysis of it. They had said it looked like a divided family. Tom and Dylan were dressed more alike while Sue and Byron were dressed similarly. Also they seemed separate and Tom's hand seemed very firm on Dylan's shoulder.

In the book it did seem like Tom and Dylan were a LOT alike so it had to have been heartbreaking for Tom to hear what Dylan thought of him.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 8:46 am

Dylan had his mother's jaw and face shape which I think is the first thing you notice about him.

rayybayy444

rayybayy444

Contribution Points : 56140
Forum Reputation : 0

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 3:57 am

I just got through listening to a 911 dispatch call and the lady is telling some man that Tom Klebold wants his wife suitcase now! she then says "He's not a very nice guy, do you want to talk to him?"
and the other officer or dispatcher replied back saying "No I don't, tell him to forget about the suitcase he's not getting it now if he does he'll have to go through whoevers conducting the search warrant at their house."

I think due to the fact that Dylan was their son and just committed this shocking act they were like "f**k the Klebolds" pretty much therefore didn't care to be much help to them, which is sad! IDK why they were treating him like that!!!!

Screamingophelia

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 5:13 am

rayybayy444 wrote:
I just got through listening to a 911 dispatch call and the lady is telling some man that Tom Klebold wants his wife suitcase now! she then says "He's not a very nice guy, do you want to talk to him?"
and the other officer or dispatcher replied back saying "No I don't, tell him to forget about the suitcase he's not getting it now if he does he'll have to go through whoevers conducting the search warrant at their house."

I think due to the fact that Dylan was their son and just committed this shocking act they were like "f**k the Klebolds" pretty much therefore didn't care to be much help to them, which is sad! IDK why they were treating him like that!!!!

Yea? Tom was polite considering the circumstances!!

rayybayy444

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Yes! I found a thread on here (I'll have to search around and pull it back up) but someone had attached a link, when opening that link it was a file with 21 separate files in it, ALL calls to 911 and the dispatch center that goes from the first call they received about the diversion explosions the boys set off on Wadsworth between Ken Caryl and Chattfield. all the way up until about 11 something at night. I feel so bad for Dave Sanders wife and kids too they kept calling 911 saying its been hours and their dad isn't at any of the hospitals, and I heard cory depooters cousin call in looking for him.

But I couldn't agree more, given the circumstances I felt the Klebolds especially out of both families were very cooperative and trying to be helpful, I wonder why she said "He's not a very nice guy" scratch scratch scratch

rayybayy444

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 12:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the link to the current file I'm on 7 out of 21

rayybayy444

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 12:46 pm

also I try to locate which file they talk about Tom Klebold and upload the link

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am

rayybayy444 wrote:

Everyone's emotions were all over the place and the stress levels were probably off the charts as well. I can see why they would have been less then helpful. Not saying it was right, but I can understand how conflicted they likely were under the circumstances
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 10:33 am

No one knew what kind of people the Klebolds were at the time,  that’s of course except the people that knew them personally before. .  Even Sue had said in her book that she was the person that would blame the parents as well when these kind of things happened.

I’m sure in their minds they were thinking why should we help you guys when there’s other families out there who were victimized but your son why should we care about you?

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 10:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
No one knew what kind of people the Klebolds were at the time,  that’s of course except the people that knew them personally before. .  Even Sue had said in her book that she was the person that would blame the parents as well when these kind of things happened.

I’m sure in their minds they were thinking why should we help you guys when there’s other families out there who were victimized but your son why should we care about you?

Very true. I can't say I would have felt any different at that time had I been in their shoes. At least not until I had a fuller picture of what had happened. But I was always so struck at how their neighbors all rallied around them and refused to let Tom and Sue shut them out. That proves to me they were indeed just good people and that others were well aware of this goodness. Enough so to put themselves at risk to make it known that they were supporting and backing the Klebolds up as best they could.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 11:44 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Very true. I can't say I would have felt any different at that time had I been in their shoes. At least not until I had a fuller picture of what had happened. But I was always so struck at how their neighbors all rallied around them and refused to let Tom and Sue shut them out. That proves to me they were indeed just good people and that others were well aware of this goodness. Enough so to put themselves at risk to make it known that they were supporting and backing the Klebolds up as best they could.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors but I think we can safely say they were good people who genuinely loved Dylan but Dylan has issues that love couldn’t fix.

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

You never know what goes on behind closed doors but I think we can safely say they were good people who genuinely loved Dylan but Dylan has issues that love couldn’t fix.

Agreed. Love is not a cure-all. No
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 345

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 2:36 pm

MrHorror93700 wrote:
Source : A Mother's Reckoning
Spoiler:

His dad is Louis CK?
Back to top Go down
rayybayy444

rayybayy444

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 2:41 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
rayybayy444 wrote:

Everyone's emotions were all over the place and the stress levels were probably off the charts as well. I can see why they would have been less then helpful. Not saying it was right, but I can understand how conflicted they likely were under the circumstances

I would agree, I’m sure Tom perhaps could have just been frantic due to his life changing and now having investigators and so forth at his house, maybe he sound like he was on edge and she mistook that for “mean” .... And I’m sure such a small place like Littleton being flooded with those events had everyone even dispatch all outta sorts. I just wouldn’t think of myself that Tom was mean however not being who he spoke to back then who can say. But I also agree how their neighbors and close friends supported them speaks volumes of who The Klebolds were as a family..

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 9:50 am

rayybayy444 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
rayybayy444 wrote:

I would agree, I’m sure Tom perhaps could have just been frantic due to his life changing and now having investigators and so forth at his house, maybe he sound like he was on edge and she mistook that for “mean” .... And I’m sure such a small place like Littleton being flooded with those events had everyone even dispatch all outta sorts. I just wouldn’t think of myself that Tom was mean however not being who he spoke to back then who can say. But I also agree how their neighbors and close friends supported them speaks volumes of who The Klebolds were as a family..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    Very true. Their close friends defending them and standing by them to such a degree likely helped prove to the outside world that the Klebolds were just a family that was dealing with something so unbelievable, so tragic and heartbreaking to be able to feel pity for them instead of contempt or hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tom Klebold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Klebold   Tom Klebold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Klebold
Page 1 of 1