Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 am

State whether any perpetrators of gun crimes should get the death penalty or not if they were still alive, i.e. mainly if they didn't commit suicide. The shootings can be as short as Buell or as horrific as Beltway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:06 am

scibblewop wrote:
State whether any perpetrators of gun crimes should get the death penalty or not if they were still alive, i.e. mainly if they didn't commit suicide. The shootings can be as short as Buell or as horrific as Beltway.

i cant think of a single shooter that got death except starkweather
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 am

I assume E&D would have gotten the death penalty.

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:30 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I assume E&D would have gotten the death penalty.

they were 18, they would of gotten life most likely
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 am

Dylan was still 17 at the time, I wonder if they would take that under consideration?

I always assumed with the premeditation it would be the death penalty. There probably would have been many appeals and what not, so I imagine they'd be on death row for a long time. You'd probably have to separate them from general population too.

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:39 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Dylan was still 17 at the time, I wonder if they would take that under consideration?

I always assumed with the premeditation it would be the death penalty. There probably would have been many appeals and what not, so I imagine they'd be on death row for a long time. You'd probably have to separate them from general population too.

they dont give death to people under 18
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Barry Loukaitis was 14-15 (can't remember which) and they still gave him a life sentence. They wouldn't care if Dylan was 17.

Given the high profile nature of the crime, Eric and Dylan would almost certainly be given the death penalty.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Barry Loukaitis was 14-15 (can't remember which) and they still gave him a life sentence. They wouldn't care if Dylan was 17.

Given the high profile nature of the crime, Eric and Dylan would almost certainly be given the death penalty.

life sentences are allowed as a juvenile, but you cant get death

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 pm

I think Devin Kelly would have got the death penalty if he survived, but not Adam Lanza or Cho Seuing-Hui. Thomas Hamilton, and possibly Derrick Bird and Michael Ryan could have done if they were in a US state that had the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?   If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If any shooter was alive: death penalty or not?
Page 1 of 1