Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]

Go down 
+2
STK
rabadon55
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58065
Forum Reputation : 0

Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

By far one of the most interesting shooters ever. I read a lot of articles and reports about his life and it seems very, very sad. His behaviour was also strange and some kind of creepy.

Finally, as you know, he ended up killing 14 people and wounding 6 before killing himself at the Edmond Post Office (where he worked), giving us the term "going postal".

All photos of him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So what's your opinion about "Crazy Pat"?

AmyistWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Anything related to his firearms?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 pm

He was using two .45 Colts and .22 semiautomatic Ruger.

htt p: // www .fdungan. com/usps2 . htm

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Here's the chapter about him from Mark Ames' book, Going Postal: Rage, Murder, and Rebellion: From Reagan's Workplaces to Clinton's Columbine and Beyond.

Mark Ames wrote:
On August 20, 1986, Patrick Sherrill fired fifty shots heard ’round the nation’s post offices.

Sherrill had worked at the Edmond, Oklahoma, Post Office branch for eighteen months before he “went postal.” He pulled into the parking lot in his blue automobile right next to fellow postal employee Michael Bigler. It was around 6:30 am; the muggy Great Plains furnace was warming up for another wretched day. Bigler, an evangelical Christian, noticed a large bulge in Sherrill’s postal satchel, which lay on the passenger’s seat, even though it should have been empty. Inside were two .45 semiautomatic pistols, up to two hundred rounds of ammunition, protective sunglasses designed to keep gunpowder and shrapnel from getting into his eyes, and ear plugs. He had checked out this gear from the Oklahoma Air National Guard base a couple of weeks earlier in preparation for a national marksman contest.

Bigler went to work sorting mail, joining about fifty other employees in the sorting area. Shortly before 7 AM, Sherrill entered through the east side of the building, his mail delivery bag strapped over his left shoulder, pistol in his right hand. The first two people he shot were Rick Esser, his supervisor, and Mike Rockne—grandson of the famous Notre Dame coach Knute Rockne. That’s right: the same Knute Rockne who was the subject of Ronald Reagan’s most famous movie, Knute Rockne—American Hero, the one where Reagan played George “The Gipper” Gipp, a star Notre Dame football player dying of pneumonia (the same condition that Reagan really died of, and the most common killer of homeless people, Reaganomics’ most visible legacy), who tells Rockne, “Just win one for the Gipper.” Reagan used this same line to great effect forty years later to help get himself elected, and re-elected. The first rebellious uprisings against Reaganomics broke out in America’s post offices in the mid-1980s. The real spark, Sherrill’s massacre, was set off with a gunshot to Mike Rockne’s head, meaning at least one Rockne lost on account of the Gipper.

After killing Esser and Rockne, Sherrill chased down Bigler through the exit and shot him in the back. Sherrill ran into the front lobby, firing in a circle, and as employees fled towards an exit through the back, he pursued them, shooting. He killed his third victim, postman Jerry Pyle, as he tried to duck behind his old Volkswagen in the parking lot. Next Sherrill returned to the post office. He bolted the doors, then methodically walked through the building, from post station bay to post station bay, shooting those cowering under cubicles or hiding in their stations, sparing some, slaughtering others.

Debbie Smith was sorting letters when the shooting started. “I froze. I couldn’t run. He came to shoot the clerks in the box section next to mine. I just knew I was next.” But as she hid, Sherrill passed her by and opened fire on the next section. As Smith ran for the front door, she said, “I could hear all the clerks screaming as they were shot.”

“I heard two quick shots and then a single shot,” one survivor later recalled. “I thought it was a bunch of the guys clowning around, that maybe one of them had dropped a mail tray or something. But then I saw a guy fall with blood all over him. Then I heard another shot. And someone yelled, ‘No! No!’ Then another shot. And someone screamed, ‘Oh, my God!’”

One witness said that Sherrill “shot anything that moved,” yet another survivor told of how Sherrill targeted some and deliberately ignored others.

Hubert Hammond, a postal employee working that morning, said, “I saw Patrick Sherrill walking towards C-9 (William Nimmo) and shoot him twice. Then he turned toward me and lifted his gun at me, but didn’t shoot. By then I was running with my back to him, to the front of the office. As I got out, I heard a lot of shooting inside.”

Another employee, Tracy Sanchez, was also spared: “I was at my case near the break room and I heard a series of bangs. I looked across the room and saw people yelling and falling on the floor. Then Sherrill walked by with a gun, shooting people… . He walked right past me and I ran to the back door, but it was locked. Another man tried to get out with me. We ran back and there was a storage closet nearby. We hid in there, but we couldn’t lock it so we turned the light off and stayed quiet. Sherrill stood by our door and kept emptying his shells and reloading his gun—about three times. Each time we could hear him walk around the room shooting, over and over. People begged him and he would yell at them and shoot them several times. Then, finally, it got quiet. But we stayed hidden until we heard the police.”

One survivor said he heard a supervisor, perhaps Patty Husband (who was just promoted not long before), yell at Sherrill, “Get out of here, you crazy son of a bitch!” The survivor explained what happened next: “Then there were three more shots. He got her.” Husband apparently had seen too many movies; either that, or she thought, like the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket, that her new senior status, applied with confident determination, would reduce her murder-crazed subordinate to submission.

Five women huddled in terror, trapped in their station, walled in on all three sides. Sherrill shot and killed four of them and wounded a fifth. One of those he killed, a platinum blond from Georgia named Judy Denny, had just arrived from Atlanta with her husband, who also worked in the USPS. They moved to Edmond to escape their Atlanta station where a post office shooting rampage took place a year earlier, leaving two employees dead.

Sherrill kept on killing. He murdered Billy Miller, a young employee who had brought his wife’s chocolate chip cookies to work and handed them out before Sherrill showed up. One young employee rounded a corner carrying a bundle of papers. Sherrill shot him—his body was found still clutching the newspapers.

At last Sherrill headed to the same last spot Wesbecker ended his spree—the break room. He found his fourteenth murder victim there, Leroy Phillips, and shot him. Police soon arrived, including a SWAT team. After they arrived, they heard only one shot—believed to be the bullet Sherrill put into his own head. As one officer testified, “A couple of minutes [after we arrived], we saw a subject inside the post office walk up and bar the back doors, look out the windows for an instant, then disappear from view. The man was bald-headed and there was blood on his forehead… . Approximately thirty seconds after he walked away [from view], at approximately 0715 to 0720, I heard the distinct sound of a muffled gunshot.”

In the end, fifteen postal employees lay dead and another six were injured. It was the third largest mass murder in American history, and, although it wasn’t the first post office massacre (there were four smaller attacks from 1983–85), it was the first postal rampage to burn itself into America’s conscience, and still the largest workplace massacre to date. As Dr. S. Anthony Baron noted in Violence in the Workplace, “Probably more than any other single individual, [Patrick] Sherrill was responsible for making the general population keenly, painfully aware of a kind of terrorism that had been increasing annually but had for the most part been overlooked or ignored. He was soon to bring the issue of violence in the workplace into the media spotlight.”

What could have caused it?

Media accounts noted that Patrick Sherrill had been nicknamed “Crazy Pat” by neighborhood kids. They called him that because Sherrill always thought that they were laughing at him. Though he was six feet tall and two hundred pounds, he had started balding back in high school. He lived alone with his mother in her white frame house in a working class section of Oklahoma City. She developed Alzheimer’s in 1977, and died in 1978, leaving him alone. Eventually he got himself a pit bull—his only companion.

Sherrill sometimes mowed his lawn at night; he also was caught staring into neighbors’ windows. He was desperately lonely, lower-middle-class, stuck in the flat middle of Middle America. In his house, after the massacre, investigators found numerous copies of Penthouse and Playboy, along with Soldier of Fortune magazines, and copies of Soviet Life and Russian Made Simple. They also found a pamphlet titled Dying: The Greatest Adventure of My Life—A Family Doctor Tells His Story.

Sherrill was dismally lonely, a loneliness far more common in Middle America than we are allowed to believe. Loneliness led him to anger, to blaming himself and those around him, to desperate sexual acts like making obscene phone calls and peeping into windows, to war-nerding and death-courting, to a fixation with ham radio (the predecessor of the Internet chat room), and to an intense sensitivity. Loneliness can create a vicious circle of strange behavior, which only increases the loneliness and alienation, which then increases the weird behavior.

A female civilian employee of the 219th E-I Squadron in the National Guard unit where Sherrill had served said, “I just got the impression, you know, he’s a weird guy,” while an FAA manager who supervised Sherrill’s brief stint there as a file clerk called him an “odd duck” who was “hard to talk to.” He wore “pants that people wore back in the fifties.”

Others saw him differently. Vincent Stubbs, who was assigned to the same Air Force Reserves barracks as Sherrill in the early 1980s, described him as an “overweight bachelor who always expressed concern that he was going nowhere” and “the loneliest man I have ever known.” A neighbor, Charles Thigpen, told Newsweek, “He wasn’t a Rambo … shy but gentle, [he] liked the words ‘thank you’ and ‘please.’ We live in a time when we want quick answers. And since Pat’s not alive to defend himself, they don’t have to be the right answers.” When Sherrill’s cremated remains were buried at the grave site of his parents in Watonga, Oklahoma, twenty-five people attended his private ceremony. A picture in a local paper showed one woman, a customer on his route, kneeling at his burial site. A bouquet had been sent to Sherrill’s service from letter carriers in Irving, Texas, (headquarters of the Boy Scouts). A card with the bouquet read, “To those who understand what he went through as a carrier. No one will ever know how far he was pushed to do what he did.”

A postal union official blamed management for Sherrill’s attack. Even some of his fellow employees said that they thought Sherrill’s rampage was an act of revenge. The villain in this case is a supervisor with the unlikely name of Bill Bland, whom Sherrill accused of singling him out for harassment. In a way it fits: the blandness of Sherrill’s job, loneliness, house, even the bland state he lived in, all made it somehow necessary that he would be terrorized by a superior named Bill Bland.

About nine months before the massacre, Bland suspended Sherrill for seven days for “failure to discharge your assigned duties conscientiously and effectively.” In his letter, Bland wrote, “On September 19, 1985, you did fail to protect mail entrusted to your care, as evidenced by the fact you left two trays of mail and three parcel post items unattended, overnight, at 601 Vista Lane. Your failure to discharge your assigned duties conscientiously and effectively resulted in a one day delay in delivery of approximately 500 pieces of mail which had been entrusted to your care.” Sherrill was written up a few months later for macing a dog that barked at him, even though the dog was behind a locked fence. The dog’s owner witnessed it and reported it to the post office. Sherrill admitted his infraction, commenting that he didn’t think anyone had seen it.

Sherrill was sure that his supervisors were “making book” on him—that is, compiling every tiny infraction in order to set up a record that would allow them to fire him. They timed his routes on days when his load was heavy, but, he told a friend, they timed a female carrier on the same route on days when her load was light.

On August 19, the day before the rage murders, Sherrill sat through another chewing-out session led by Bland and another supervisor, Rick Esser. One carrier who witnessed the dressing-down through the office window said, “Although I could not hear, it was obvious that Pat Sherrill was being reprimanded. I could see the look on his face which struck me as being very strange, eerie.” By some accounts, Sherrill left the meeting convinced that he was going to be fired the next day, that the book had already been made on him.

Ironically, Bill Bland slept in late on the morning of August 20. He missed the show that Sherrill had put on especially for him. In case after case, we see this: the local petty tyrant always manages to have luck on his or her side on the day of the massacre, leaving others, subordinates and secretaries usually, to take the bullet. It is as if their luck is a permanent condition—luck that helped them attain their overlord position, luck that helped them advance further, luck that saved them from the bullet with their name on it.

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 4:12 am

rabadon55 wrote:
He was using two .45 Colts and .22 semiautomatic Ruger.

htt p: // www .fdungan. com/usps2 . htm

He only used one of his .45 the other one and the pistol was in a bag filled with ammo.
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 am

My bad, I should use "carried" instead of "used".

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for that article. That part about Sherrill staring from the window with blood on his bald head and forehead always give me chills. I wonder what he was thinking then. Remorse? Revulsion?

I read somewhere that that morning he made himself scrambled eggs for the breakfast and even washed the dishes. He also didn't left suicide note, any manifesto about the supervisors who treated him bad.

It makes me think that maybe his attack wasn't planned. Maybe he just snapped in one moment. Very interesting case.
Back to top Go down
Fedz-Manz

Fedz-Manz

Contribution Points : 19159
Forum Reputation : 156

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2022 2:41 am

how is a teenager bolding?

I think this is a photo of him young idk when it was taken do correct me if I'm wrong

Rest In Peace, Pekka-Eric Auvinen (June 4th, 1989 - November 7th, 2007)

"I hate you and the way you are! You all have to die! Since I was 6, you've all been taking the piss out of me! Now you're going to pay! [...] Finally, I want to apologise for all this to the people who mean something to me or who were ever good to me! I'm gone" - Bastian Bosse 

"I guess it just wasn't there night" - Richard Benjamin Speck 

"There's a devil in me there's a devil in all of use" - Sidney Charles Cooke

"My favourite comedy is the Christchurch livestream that part where he shoots the things is funny as hell" - Andrews Bearing Barwick
Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 11822

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 3:03 am

rabadon55 wrote:
By far one of the most interesting shooters ever. I read a lot of articles and reports about his life and it seems very, very sad. His behaviour was also strange and some kind of creepy.

Finally, as you know, he ended up killing 14 people and wounding 6 before killing himself at the Edmond Post Office (where he worked), giving us the term "going postal".

All photos of him.

So what's your opinion about "Crazy Pat"?
What an ugly cunt.

Achlys, NEXT STEP UP and ZAVANZK dislike this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 41939
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 2:50 pm

Surprised nobody surpassed his kill count, given how many veterans the postal service hired and treated like shit around that time. Only person who's gotten close to my knowledge was Brandon Scott Hole, and he did it for horse cunny.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

TheNeuroSurge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]   Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrick Henry Sherrill [some rare photos]
Page 1 of 1