Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Five years ago today

Go down 
+10
QuestionMark
spidEr
STK
ripbr1999
Giga143
rabadon55
Screamingophelia
sscc
InsaneIntruder
LPorter101
14 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 149209
Forum Reputation : 2629

Five years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:20 am

Five years ago today, a guy named Adam Lanza killed a bunch of little kids, and a couple of teachers.

Five years? It seems more like five decades. But it was only sixty months ago.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 am

2012 in general seems like such a long time ago.
I wonder if anyone's going to do anything for the anniversary like visit Sandy Hook or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 am

So many families devastated. I am sure that no matter how long ago it may seem to us, it would feel like only yesterday to the people who lost loved ones that day. Sad
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel D'Avino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josphine Gay, 7

Dawn Hochsprung, 47

Dylan Hockley, 6

Madeleine Hsu, 6

Catherine Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

Ana Marquez-Greene, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Rousseau, 30

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison Wyatt, 6

Nancy Lanza, 52

It probably took me about as long to copy all of their photos and names as it did for Adam to kill them.

There are a lot of photos of mourning in the aftermath of Sandy Hook but for some reason, this is the one that I come back to.

Why did you have to do it, Adam? You made the wrong choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:46 am

Looking at those pictures is devastating! All those pretty smiles and bright eyes.

My little girl lost yet another tooth just yesterday. Seeing a couple of the kids had gap filled smiles broke my heart. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:05 pm

"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock."
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

RIP sweet baby angels (if you listen to MFM, you'll get the reference)

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm

mordupen wrote:
"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock."
Why did you post this here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 pm

sscc wrote:
mordupen wrote:

It's mordupen and simply because he/she can. I don't even bat an eyelash at this kind of stuff anymore.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
sscc wrote:
mordupen wrote:

Its mordupen and simply because he can. I don't even bat an eyelash at this kind of stuff anymore.
I understand his opinion (that "no one should be allowed to express any emotional reaction to the death of a murder victim because you didn't know them and people die a lot and most of all, I don't care") but the quote is completely irrelevant so I'd like to hear his explanation for posting it in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm

sscc wrote:
I understand his opinion (that "no one should be allowed to express any emotional reaction to the death of a murder victim because you didn't know them and people die a lot and most of all, I don't care")[/quote]

WOW! You channeled him for a second there. Shocked Haha I have had several conversations in which he/she told me almost that exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I understand his opinion (that "no one should be allowed to express any emotional reaction to the death of a murder victim because you didn't know them and people die a lot and most of all, I don't care")

WOW! You channeled him for a second there. Shocked Haha  I have had several conversations in which he/she told me almost that exact same thing. [/quote]

I forgot we drew a line in the sand I'm not allowed to post where he does lol

I was showing empathy towards kids who died

Someone else has posted something similar saying she doesn't think people should mourn ;)

I think you and I both have a board nemesis lol . Lucky us SG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Also seeing that it is a Bible verse I think perhaps mordupen was trying to be both slightly consoling and antagonizing all at the same time.scratch  Although I could be wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Also seeing that it is a Bible verse I think perhaps mordupen was trying to be both slightly consoling and antagonizing all at the same time.scratch  Although I could be wrong. Smile

If that's the case, kudos!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I understand his opinion (that "no one should be allowed to express any emotional reaction to the death of a murder victim because you didn't know them and people die a lot and most of all, I don't care") but the quote is completely irrelevant so I'd like to hear his explanation for posting it in this thread.

I posted it here because I knew it would evoke some reaction from the "Poor sweet little angels! Sad " People. And I did that because I think grieving over dead kids you never even knew is stupid. Plus, just because they were kids and died in a shooting doesn't mean they're these sweet, innocent and poor angels. The parents will and only ever do talk about how "sweet" they were but always leave out the tantrums and brat behavior, further instilling the perception of the children as perfect. Plus, so what if they were children? A child or elderly person doesn't deserve extra sympathy in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 pm

mordupen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I posted it here because I knew it would evoke some reaction from the "Poor sweet little angels! Sad " People. And I did that because I think grieving over dead kids you never even knew is stupid. Plus, just because they were kids and died in a shooting doesn't mean they're these sweet, innocent and poor angels. The parents will and only ever do talk about how "sweet" they were but always leave out the tantrums and brat behavior, further instilling the perception of the children as perfect. Plus, so what if they were children? A child or elderly person doesn't deserve extra sympathy in my opinion.

Seriously who/what harmed you in your life to the extent that you could be that cold and uncaring!? Shocked

For what its worth I am sorry the world has made you this way. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It was a half jab at the belief that the children who died at Sandy Hook are in heaven because they were children who were murdered. Because, people today warp religion to their liking for comfort. People say they're religious but they never attend church, say prayers or even truly love God. They're only "Religious" because they don't want to risk going to hell. Which is funny because I feel as though if God exists he'd be more forgiving to atheists rather than weak liars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm

mordupen wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It was a half jab at the belief that the children who died at Sandy Hook are in heaven because they were children who were murdered. Because, people today warp religion to their liking for comfort. People say they're religious but they never attend church, say prayers or even truly love God. They're only "Religious" because they don't want to risk going to hell. Which is funny because I feel as though if God exists he'd be more forgiving to atheists rather than weak liars.

Many people do use their religion as a shield. While others will only act religious when it suits them or benefits them in some way.  

As much as it pains me to agree with you on anything, I do somewhat agree with your take on religion.
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58590
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

By the way - is it confirmed that the video of the guy dancing on Dance Dance Revolution is Adam?
Back to top Go down
Giga143

Giga143

Contribution Points : 60573

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Yes it is Adam dancing
Back to top Go down
ripbr1999

ripbr1999

Contribution Points : 58614

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 pm

rabadon55 wrote:
By the way - is it confirmed that the video of the guy dancing on Dance Dance Revolution is Adam?

at around 0:01 you can hear someone saying "Adam Fucking Lanza."
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Well it looks like 4 tragedies have occurred on December 14th.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:56 pm

2012 actually feels like yesterday to me, I guess because my life is frozen and nothing new has happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 5:50 pm

mordupen wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Yes, remeber Westboro Baptist Church celebrated Sandy Hook Massacre.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

STK wrote:
Well it looks like 4 tragedies have occurred on December 14th.

RIP free internet.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
mordupen wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Many people do use their religion as a shield. While others will only act religious when it suits them or benefits them in some way.  

As much as it pains me to agree with you on anything, I do somewhat agree with your take on religion.

I actually agree too, I'm agnostic, slowly slipping into atheism. Lapsed Catholic here. It was just a quote from My Favorite Murder. Whenever they talked about young kids who died they would call them Sweet Baby Angels and once accidentally said Sweet Baby Angles.

Guess you had to be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 pm

I would class myself as agnostic, but the Westboro Baptist Church is the only religious system that makes some sense because of the events in the world.
Back to top Go down
SaucyJimmy

SaucyJimmy

Contribution Points : 64222
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 am

It feels slightly less than five years to me. I remember I had been to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey the night prior, and my father saying something to the effect of, "Oh, there's been another shooting." I'm not sure if this was when I was first made aware of it or if I'd seen the news online a short time before.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
I would class myself as agnostic, but the Westboro Baptist Church is the only religious system  that makes some sense because of the events in the world.

>Westboro Baptist Church
>makes sense
You can only choose one.

Myll

Contribution Points : 60372
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 pm

It's been over 5 years huh?
It sure doesn't feel like it at all, so much had changed since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:11 pm

At the time when this shooting had occurred and when I had heard about it, I was not terribly interested in it nor did I do any research into it at the time all those years ago. None the less it feels weird looking back at that event given it has been over five years ago now. I think the biggest point people miss about this shooting is just how fragile the fabric of society really is and how in reality everyone is always risking something from the simple act of existence.
Back to top Go down
pess1mist

Contribution Points : 57390
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 11:06 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Looking at those pictures is devastating! All those pretty smiles and bright eyes.

My little girl lost yet another tooth just yesterday. Seeing a couple of the kids had gap filled smiles broke my heart. Sad

It's really the pictures of the victims that put into perspective the actual harm that these people do. Honestly I've become so desensitized to all of this mass violence that anytime I see a victim's face on the news now I don't feel much of anything other than like, "damn", but seeing those smiling kids faces REALLY fucked with me. RIP to all of those who were affected by this very disturbed and selfish man's actions. I hope the families and victims (if there is an afterlife) can find their peace. This is so fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Zerogoth22

Zerogoth22

Contribution Points : 59792
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
RIP sweet baby angels (if you listen to MFM, you'll get the reference)

MFM?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today   Five years ago today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five years ago today
Page 1 of 1