Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.

Go down 
+2
Littlelo
Pho3nix
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Empty
PostSubject: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:21 am

I think that the bomb would've only killed or have seriously injured the people close to it, killing 20-25 people and would've injured 150ish people. The bombs would likely make a bit of the library collapse, probably only resulting in broken arms and legs. Eric and Dylan would've just sprayed into the fleeing hoard maybe killing 10-15 and injuring many more (also take into fact Eric's gun only held 10 rounds before having to reload and Dylan had mostly 10 round clips, I think He had a couple of large clips, but they were low quality). So the shooting still would've been infamous but not as cinematic and "epic" as the boys expected.

Last edited by Moordenaar on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Contribution Points : 59013
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:28 am

Yeah I agree that they were severely over exaggerating what their mediocre bombs would do. Did they ever even consider that THEY could be killed by their own bombs? The idea that they planned this ordeal out "so well" always amused me since I personally feel they really missed some key scenarios that could've severely screwed up what they were shooting (no pun intended) for.

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67053
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:53 pm

It's weird because I hear different opinions on their planning and efforts. Some people say the devices they made seemed very sophisticated for just two teenagers, but others say they were quite the opposite and it was clear they didn't really know what they were doing, despite all the planning that went into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't think the "bombs" would have done anything besides cause a fire. Maybe a couple of injuries but no casualties.

Their "bombs" were pure crap.

They would have actually killed less people had they gone off because more people would have run out of the school.

Thinking about it now everything kind of worked in their favor that day. They had crap guns, crap bombs, limited ammo and they still killed 13 people and injured 20+ others. It was like a perfect storm including the police failing to do anything for HOURS and kids not being brave enough to tackle either of them like what happened to Kip Kinkel. Kip Kinkel also had a better gun and more ammo.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67053
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:03 pm

I also find it ironic that they thought choosing the time where the cafeteria was the fullest would give them the most casualties. However, because their bombs failed, most kids were able to escape thanks to Dave Sanders' quick thinking. Most students were concentrated in one area of the school and were able to flee, instead of being disbursed, walking throughout the hallways or in classrooms/offices.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Pho3nix wrote:
Yeah I agree that they were severely over exaggerating what their mediocre bombs would do. Did they ever even consider that THEY could be killed by their own bombs? The idea that they planned this ordeal out "so well" always amused me since I personally feel they really missed some key scenarios that could've severely screwed up what they were shooting (no pun intended) for.

Yeah, there was a great deal they didn't account for. They never even tested the bombs they had to see if they would work, and never considered having a Plan B in case the bombs failed. They were terrible planners.

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Pho3nix wrote:

Yeah, there was a great deal they didn't account for. They never even tested the bombs they had to see if they would work, and never considered having a Plan B in case the bombs failed. They were terrible planners.
Yeah they just improvised on the spot and started shooting outside the school. If they were better planners they'd park their cars against the exits to prevent people from running out or something.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Ivan wrote:
Yeah they just improvised on the spot and started shooting outside the school. If they were better planners they'd park their cars against the exits to prevent people from running out or something. 

All they had to do was head into the cafeteria and start shooting in there, and that would've been a better idea than what they ended up doing.

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ivan wrote:

All they could've done was head into the cafeteria and start shooting in there, and that would've been a better idea than what they ended up doing.
Without even letting anybody see their guns or know they were a threat, yeah, that'd work. They'd also have a much bigger chance of getting jumped though like Kip Kinkel who kinda did that in his little shooting spree.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85564
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Thinking about the kip kinkel getting tackled I wonder why Cho did not get tackled I mean people heard him reload his clips I saw that in a Cho interview let me see if I find the link
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Ivan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ivan wrote:

All they could've done was head into the cafeteria and start shooting in there, and that would've been a better idea than what they ended up doing.
Without even letting anybody see their guns or know they were a threat, yeah, that'd work. They'd also have a much bigger chance of getting jumped though like Kip Kinkel who kinda did that in his little shooting spree.

How can you run up and tackle someone with a loaded gun thought It seems like suicide unless everyone in the cafeteria rushed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm

James411 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ivan wrote:

How can you run up and tackle someone with a loaded gun thought It seems like suicide unless everyone in the cafeteria rushed them.
That's what I meant. Like if two or three people rushed Eric and Dylan they could subdue them.

In regards to Cho not getting jumped, he had clips and ammo just ready to go. It took him a whole 2 seconds to reload his guns. Nobody would even have the chance to jump him because by the time they tried to rush him they'd be dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:12 pm

That's something that isn't talked about when thinking about Cho. He was honestly the most well prepared mass shooter.
Back to top Go down
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Contribution Points : 59013
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Ivan wrote:
That's something that isn't talked about when thinking about Cho. He was honestly the most well prepared mass shooter.
Would the Orlando shooter qualify for this title as well? I mean, he actually secured most exits (with wood if I'm not mistaken?) and had the most casualties until the Vegas shooter came along.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Ivan wrote:

Of course, but there are two of them, so even if one does get jumped the other can back him up.

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Pho3nix wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Would the Orlando shooter qualify for this title as well? I mean, he actually secured most exits (with wood if I'm not mistaken?) and had the most casualties until the Vegas shooter came along.
Kind of but he had better guns than Cho.

They both did the same sort of thing though and got a lot of kills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Of course, but there are two of them, so even if one does get jumped the other can back him up.
But not if like 15 people rush them though which could have happened too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:41 pm

This is exactly the reason to why E & D are the most overrated shooters.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Ivan wrote:
James411 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ivan wrote:

That's what I meant. Like if two or three people rushed Eric and Dylan they could subdue them.

In regards to Cho not getting jumped, he had clips and ammo just ready to go. It took him a whole 2 seconds to reload his guns. Nobody would even have the chance to jump him because by the time they tried to rush him they'd be dead.

I just do not see it. I cannot see Eric and Dylan getting jumped. There were two of them they both hand guns. And they could watch each others back. If say 5 kids rushed them Eric and Dylan would probably be able to shoot 2 or 3 and that would scare off the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Littlelo wrote:
It's weird because I hear different opinions on their planning and efforts. Some people say the devices they made seemed very sophisticated for just two teenagers, but others say they were quite the opposite and it was clear they didn't really know what they were doing, despite all the planning that went into it.

It just all depends on how you look at it and from what angle.

The younger teen me thought, "DAMN! How did they plan all that out!? Shocked As the plan seemed very in depth and detailed for a couple of teens. While adult me is like, "How the hell did they think that would work?!" Suspect They went in with untested bombs, as Eric was confident in his bomb making abilities. Also testing them would have gained some much unwanted attention and possibly blown the whole deal. They also didn't seem to have much of(if any)backup plan if things got derailed.

Most adults would agree that the whole NBK plan was just childish and stupid. But their plans did unfortunately work to a certain degree. It cost 15 lives, with an untold number of injured/mentally scarred for life .

Back to top Go down
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 83235
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 11:41 am

Ivan wrote:

Anders Breivik's attack blows Cho's out of the water in terms of preparation. Granted that was also a bombing, but he was much more prepared for the shooting part as well.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75414
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I agree with everything you said OP. That's exactly how I imagined it would have gone down.
If the bombs were strong enough like the media and police claimed, it would have killed or seriously injured both of them too.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Ivan wrote:
I don't think the "bombs" would have done anything besides cause a fire. Maybe a couple of injuries but no casualties.

Their "bombs" were pure crap.

They would have actually killed less people had they gone off because more people would have run out of the school.

Thinking about it now everything kind of worked in their favor that day. They had crap guns, crap bombs, limited ammo and they still killed 13 people and injured 20+ others. It was like a perfect storm including the police failing to do anything for HOURS and kids not being brave enough to tackle either of them like what happened to Kip Kinkel. Kip Kinkel also had a better gun and more ammo.

Kinkel's rifle was a good gun but it was sawed off and fired .22, his Glock was really good though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.   My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My theory on what would've happened if things went according to plans.
Page 1 of 1