Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books on mass murder

Go down 
+14
Employer_Square
dyonqqr
MilverSoxie
Killisaki
Kinkeloukaitis
Primate Murder
QuestionMark
InsaneIntruder
MysteryMan
W.A.R.
sscc
STK
Massoccur
04daviszoe
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
04daviszoe
Banned

Contribution Points : 78395
Forum Reputation : 3

Books on mass murder Empty
PostSubject: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 am

I'm ready to go on a spree. A spending spree that is.

Currently have a few books on Columbine. Those being:

Columbine: A True Crime Story by Jeff Kass
No Easy Answers by Brooks Brown
Walking in Daniels' Shoes by Tom Mauser
Rachel's Tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott
She said yes by Misty Bernall
Columbine High School Massacre: The FBI Files
A Mothers Reckoning by Sue Klebold.
Columbine by Dave Cullen

I also have Far from the Tree by Andrew Solomon. I purchased this before I knew Sue was even announcing she was writing a book (and also before the Klebolds got divorced. That's weird to think about..)

Aaaand your average SPREE KILLERS encyclopaedia, which is waaaay out of date now. Weird as I only bought in 2011..

Oh! And I have this book I got real cheap called The True Crime Casefile, which has like pull out bits in, like Eric's "Guns in School" essay and Dylan's diversion report.

ANYWAY. Recommend me some books! What should I steer clear from? What's the most informative?

Oh, I'm kindaaa looking for another Columbine book, but really anything. Martin Bryant, Seung Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, James Holmes.. You get the idea.

Go go go go go!
Back to top Go down
Massoccur

Massoccur

Contribution Points : 58683
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

04daviszoe wrote:

The ten secret FBI agents stalking this forum just let out a collective groan of frustration. Damn, all it would take is nabbing one lunatic on here to get a raise.

I very much enjoyed American Terrorist, which focuses on Timothy McVeigh if you're willing to branch out from mass shooters. I've also heard good things about Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters, and in fact I own an electronic copy, but I've yet to actually read it.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm a huge fan of Langman, so I would recommend his books School Shooters and Why Kids Kill.
You can find the former (as well as several other books) here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I second American Terrorist. The writing style isn't particularly compelling but the best part is that McVeigh is an interesting character and there is a lot of first person information in the book. It's worth learning about how McVeigh is similar in personality and lifestyle to many mass shooters. There also seems to be a tendency in the mainstream to misconstrue McVeigh's history and motives. I guess you can't exactly trust everything that McVeigh says but the authors tried to corroborate his claims whenever they could.

I really enjoyed and will always recommend One of Us by Asne Seierstad, which is about Anders Breivik. The narrative style is engaging and it goes into detail about Anders' family life, the day of the attack, the lives of some of the victims and even a bit about the political climate of the country for context. It's very well done.

For Adam Lanza, the only official book that I know of is Newtown: An American Tragedy by Matthew Lysiak. I'm not crazy about it. It's decent but I'd skip it if Sandy Hook isn't particularly interesting to you. If you do read it, I'd take any uncorroborated facts with a grain of salt. Obviously, I'm not a fan but you specifically mentioned Lanza so I thought I'd point out that it exists. Laughing

I started reading a book called Last Day on Earth by David Vann a little while ago but I haven't finished it. It's about Steven Kazmierczak, the NIU shooter. I'm not sure that I love (or even like) the writing style but it includes a lot of detail so if you're interested in his life, it would be worth it. The author also includes stories from his own life because he seems to see parallels between Steven's life and his own. I'm actually not fond of the personal anecdotes but he writes with understanding. There is an article that (I think) consists of excerpts from the book if you want to check that out before you commit.
Back to top Go down
Massoccur

Massoccur

Contribution Points : 58683
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

sscc wrote:
[...]
I really enjoyed and will always recommend One of Us by Asne Seierstad, which is about Anders Breivik. The narrative style is engaging and it goes into detail about Anders' family life, the day of the attack, the lives of some of the victims and even a bit about the political climate of the country for context. It's very well done.
[...]

Oh, yes, I listened to an interview with the author! I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of One of Us, but unfortunately I can only seem to find it sold online. I've become rather interested in the 2011 Norway attacks and right-wing extremism in general as of late. Well, I'm at least glad to hear it's a compelling read.

W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Helter Skelter if you haven't already.

Its a must read for any true crime aficionado.
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 am

Massoccur wrote:
04daviszoe wrote:

The ten secret FBI agents stalking this forum just let out a collective groan of frustration. Damn, all it would take is nabbing one lunatic on here to get a raise.

Imagine planning a killing spree for ages then announcing it on a fucking Columbine forum  lol!

Quote :
I very much enjoyed American Terrorist, which focuses on Timothy McVeigh if you're willing to branch out from mass shooters. I've also heard good things about Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters, and in fact I own an electronic copy, but I've yet to actually read it.

I watched that new(ish) documentary about Tim McVeigh & was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Although it was more prior to the killing so I would be interested in learning more about the *actual* event.
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:33 am

STK wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Langman, so I would recommend his books School Shooters and Why Kids Kill.
You can find the former (as well as several other books) here:

Thanks! I knew that book might pop up when I asked, just wanted to double check it was worth while before spending cold hard cash on it.
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 am

sscc wrote:
I second American Terrorist. The writing style isn't particularly compelling but the best part is that McVeigh is an interesting character and there is a lot of first person information in the book. It's worth learning about how McVeigh is similar in personality and lifestyle to many mass shooters. There also seems to be a tendency in the mainstream to misconstrue McVeigh's history and motives. I guess you can't exactly trust everything that McVeigh says but the authors tried to corroborate his claims whenever they could.

For Adam Lanza, the only official book that I know of is Newtown: An American Tragedy by Matthew Lysiak. I'm not crazy about it. It's decent but I'd skip it if Sandy Hook isn't particularly interesting to you. If you do read it, I'd take any uncorroborated facts with a grain of salt. Obviously, I'm not a fan but you specifically mentioned Lanza so I thought I'd point out that it exists. Laughing

I started reading a book called Last Day on Earth by David Vann a little while ago but I haven't finished it. It's about Steven Kazmierczak, the NIU shooter. I'm not sure that I love (or even like) the writing style but it includes a lot of detail so if you're interested in his life, it would be worth it. The author also includes stories from his own life because he seems to see parallels between Steven's life and his own. I'm actually not fond of the personal anecdotes but he writes with understanding. There is an article that (I think) consists of excerpts from the book if you want to check that out before you commit.

It's so hard to find a decent book on Adam Sad to be honest. All the ones I've seen are full of conspiracys (one even used a picture of Ryan Lanza for the cover, I mean COME ON, really?! I might give the Newtown one a shot. Hopefully I won't get too annoyed with it Smile

I saw another book (don't think it's the same one?..) called Massacre in Newtown: Adam Lanza's dark passage to madness by Henry Berry. I'm not so sure it'll be any good though.

Last day on earth sounds awesome. Will probably purchase that one hands down.
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:42 am

W.A.R. wrote:

I take it that's a book that covers most kinds of murders? Do you happen to know what year it was released?

Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 am

Oh sorry to keep bumping this thread but has anyone here read the following:

Bullet Riddled: The first SWAT Officer inside Columbine and beyond by Grant Whitus

The journals of Taylor Hart: Inside the mind of a School Shooter by Dan Andrews

Hearts of Darkness by John Liebert

Mass Murder: Martin Bryant case re-examined book 2 by Keith Noble

Only asking because I know I'll buy one and someone will be all "nooo that's like the Dave Cullen of Port Arthur!!"
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 5:29 am

04daviszoe wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

I take it that's a book that covers most kinds of murders? Do you happen to know what year it was released?

It covers the Manson murders. It was released in '74 and was written by the prosecutor of the case.

Really in-depth book on the murders and case.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 89508
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Did someone read Going postal written by Mark Ames? Is It worth to buy and read?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 7:37 am

One Of Us - Book about Anders Breivik and the Utoya Massacre, Its a good book it goes into vast detail about Breivik and describes every single one of his kills in detail aswell as witness reports and survivor stories. You should check it out.

Murakami "Underground" - Book about The 1995 Tokyo Subway attack and Aum SHinrikyo, Part of Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami's book series. I haven't read this one but it would be good to check out if you are researching Aum Shinrikyo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 pm

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
One Of Us - Book about Anders Breivik and the Utoya Massacre, Its a good book it goes into vast detail about Breivik and describes every single one of his kills in detail aswell as witness reports and survivor stories. You should check it out.

Murakami "Underground" - Book about The 1995 Tokyo Subway attack and Aum SHinrikyo, Part of Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami's book series. I haven't read this one but it would be good to check out if you are researching Aum Shinrikyo.

where can i get a free pdf of one of us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Response to: eldigato   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm

eldigato wrote:

Is there any book about Adam Peter Lanza specifically ?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 pm

CALU wrote:
Is there any book about Adam Peter Lanza specifically ?
"Newtown" by Matthew Lysiak is the only one I'm aware of.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

Last edited by STK on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Response to: STK   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm

[quote="STK"]
CALU wrote:
Is there any book about Adam Peter Lanza specifically ?[/qu"ote]
"Newtown" by Matthew Lysiak is the only one I'm aware of.
I find it bizzarre that there aren't many books on Sandy Hook, it's such a complex and interesting case in my opinion;
Much more than Columbine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 am

I want to find the book on Martin Bryant, but you cannot get it anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 6:52 pm

eldigato wrote:

Im not sure if there is a PDF online, i have a physical copy of the Book
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 pm

eldigato wrote:

Probably not as I imagine it's a rare book. It's always a pain trying to find a free pdf when everything else is trying to get you to "sign up" so they can hack your email or get to your credit card. Yeah no thanks.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 pm

eldigato wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Probably not as I imagine it's a rare book. It's always a pain trying to find a free pdf when everything else is trying to get you to "sign up" so they can hack your email or get to your credit card. Yeah no thanks.
This should work.
It's an epub though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 pm

sscc wrote:
eldigato wrote:
eldigato wrote:

This should work.
It's an epub though.

I converted it to PDF.

For anyone who wants to easily read it.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 am

Does anyone know any books that are fictional diaries of school shooters? I found one some time ago that I was interested in but forgot it.
Also The Triflers is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:09 am

04daviszoe wrote:

Oh, I'm kindaaa looking for another Columbine book, but really anything. Martin Bryant, Seung Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, James Holmes.. You get the idea.

I did read a book called "Newtown School Shooting" which is about Sandy Hook
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 2:08 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Does anyone know any books that are fictional diaries of school shooters? I found one some time ago that I was interested in but forgot it.

Do you know if there's a pdf of The Triflers anywhere out there?

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

No, I don't sadly.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:31 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

No, I don't sadly.

Damn. Alright, I'll keep looking.

Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63333
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 5:07 pm

I found an interesting comic book about the November 2015 Paris Attacks.

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm

Trollhättan school attack:
''Det som aldrig fick ske'' by Åsa Erlandsson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 9:30 pm

It’s not really a book, but on December of 2018 someone started selling an E-book of Randy Stair. It was been sold on Amazon. Then someone made a youtube video about it, accusing him of making a poor job, and wanting to profit of a tragedy.
After this, the author deleted his youtube account, and took down the page on Amazon.

Screenshot of the Amazon page, taken from Kiwifarms:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Moved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Emsdetten school shooting:
''Die Columbine Erben: Wie Bastian B. den Freitod wählte'' by Christoph Szumelda and Yvonne Behling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Colegio Cervantes de Torreón shooting:
''Nueve disparos: Crónica del tiroteo escolar que sacudió a la nación'' by Javier Garza Ramos.
Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43205
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 pm

I have SCHOOL SHOOTERS by Peter Langman
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 41568
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 5:51 am

There is a nice quantity of manga about mass murderers and the like.
For starters, there is two about and or inspired by the 1979 Mitsubishi Bank hostage crisis (I shall consider mass murder since he killed 4 people, also I have interest in the case), appaering in 現代猟奇伝 (Modern Hunting stories or something like), which is an anthology series with eroguro elements about crimes, and basically the stories there have sex scenes, these include of course the hostage crisis stories, the really only notable thing that isnt sex is the fact that in the second story about the hostage crisis, which is in volume 7, the character uses an AR style rifle for some reason, instead of the double barrel shotgun, used in the real hostage and the first story, that appaers in volume 2. Also there is references to 120 Days of Sodom, like the titles of the second story is roughly translated "The City of Sodom".
There is also an anthology series called 凶悪犯罪ファイル (roughly translated as Archives of Violent Crimes) which is a manga series that tell the stories of sereval notable Japanese murderers, including some mass murderers, like Tomohiro Kato, Mutsuo Toi and Mamoru Takuma. You can find some videos of that on nicovideo.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol

QuestionMark, Primate Murder, MilverSoxie and dyonqqr like this post

Back to top Go down
MilverSoxie
Banned

Contribution Points : 35151
Forum Reputation : 123

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm

35 Minutes and Counting The Life Story of Micky Oldham, a survivor of the Von Maur massacre who passed away in 2016.

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 1:19 pm

Alex213 wrote:
It’s not really a book, but on December of 2018 someone started selling an E-book of Randy Stair. It was been sold on Amazon. Then someone made a youtube video about it, accusing him of making a poor job, and wanting to profit of a tragedy.
After this, the author deleted his youtube account, and took down the page on Amazon.

Screenshot of the Amazon page, taken from Kiwifarms:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I often wonder what a seriously done book on randy stair would look like.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60164
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 7:14 pm

April 16th : Virginia Tech Remembers

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

margaflor wrote:

Personally, I would like to see a doctor trying to diagnose Randy. Langman did mention him, but on one of his short articles (it was about columbine copycats)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Alex213 wrote:
margaflor wrote:

Personally, I would like to see a doctor trying to diagnose Randy

Close enough?
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 39434
Forum Reputation : 150

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 10:32 am

Some books in STK's killing folder:
Killing in general:
James Alan Fox and Jack Levin - Overkill: Mass Murder and Serial Killing Exposed
John E Douglas, Ann W. Burgess, Allen G. Burgess, and Robert K. Ressler - Crime Classificiation Manual

Mass murder (more applicable to this forum's interests):
Gary M. Lavergne - A Sniper In The Tower: The Charles Whitman Murders
Marcel Lebrun - Books, Blackboards, and Bullets
Åsne Seierstad - One Of Us
Lee Mellor - Rampage: Canadian Mass Murder and Spree Killing
Ron Franscell - Delivered From Evil
Katherine S. Newman - Rampage: The Social Roots of School Shootings
Peter Langman - School Shooters
Nils Bockler, Thorsen Seeger, Peter Sitzer, Wilhelm Heitmeyer - School Shootings
John A. Liebert, William J. Birnes - Suicidal Mass Murderers

Laura C. Wilson - The Wiley Handbook of the Psychology of Mass Shootings
Peter Langman - Why Kids Kill

There's also Matthew Nolan - The Sheltered Storm.

The bolded ones are the one's I've read (or read most of) and would recommend.
There might be some in STK's serial killing subfolder, but I'm not interested in that so you'll have to look for yourself if you are.

rj96 likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 12:16 pm

More a short story, but here's Jo Ann Beard's "The Fourth State of Matter" about Gang Lu and the 1991 University of Iowa shooting. Worth checking out, although much of it is about her own life.

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Deadly Lessons: Understanding Lethal School Violence is excellent and has a lot of in-depth case studies of incidents I can find very little information on elsewhere (Westside, Michael Carneal, Andrew Wurst, Tilden High, Anthony "T.J." Solomon, Thomas Jefferson High School, and more.)
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch made me aware of this:
Aleksey Rakitin's  “SOCIALISM DOES NOT GENERATE CRIMINALITY” (Serial Crime in the Soviet Union: Historical and Forensic Analysis) (or, in the original Russian, Алексей Ракитин's СОЦИАЛИЗМ НЕ ПОРОЖДАЕТ ПРЕСТУПНОСТИ.)
It's in Russian, but it might be of interest to native speakers or data hoarders out there.
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 29929
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Spree Killers - Nigel Cawthorne

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Here's a PDF of Sue Klebold's A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy.
I wish people posted more PDFs here. I guess piracy is questionable, but this whole forum is questionable.
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 2:44 pm

I'm afraid I don't have a PDF for this one, but Peter Langman credits Eric Hart's "Does Anyone Like Mondays? The Brenda Spencer Murder Case" as one of the most comprehensive sources on the incident.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60164
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Die Columbine Erben - Christoph Szumelda

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Just found this. A bit academic, but very good if that's what you're looking for, plenty of unheard quotes and quantitative analyses - School Killers Speak: A Comprehensive Examination of Perpetrators, Events, and Characteristics of K-12 School Violence in America by Gordon Arthur Crews.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books on mass murder   Books on mass murder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books on mass murder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next