Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yountville, CA hostage situation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

Yountville, CA hostage situation Empty
PostSubject: Yountville, CA hostage situation   Yountville, CA hostage situation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Apparently, a man wearing body armor and armed with an automatic weapon (I thought automatic weapons were illegal?) entered a California veterans home, which initiated a lockdown.

An employee said a shooter had taken three hostages but that is unconfirmed although it seems to be confirmed that shots were fired at some time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There isn't much information available.

Edit: This seems to be a local article with some more information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yountville, CA hostage situation   Yountville, CA hostage situation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Napa County law enforcement responded in force Friday morning to the Veterans Home of California in Yountville following a report of a man with a gun who had taken hostages.

The suspect is believed to have been a member of The Pathway Home program for military veterans with emotional trauma. Early reports said the man, 36 years old, had been discharged from the treatment program two weeks ago.

He was reported holed up Friday in Pathway's Madison Building on the Vets Home grounds.

The initial report came in at 10:20, prompting dozens law enforcement officers from multiple agencies to set up a perimeter at the Veterans Home.

A man, dressed in black and wearing body armor, was reportedly armed with an automatic weapon. Three people were initially reported taken hostage, but by 11:40 a.m. the number was reported as two.

The sheriff's office reported that multiple shots had been fired at officers, but there were no reports of any casualties.

Seriously WTF is going on in people's heads? No Also I think its safe to say they released him to soon. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 58154
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Yountville, CA hostage situation   Yountville, CA hostage situation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Fox news is reporting the three hostages are dead and the gunman is dead as well

This actually freaked me out when i checked back on the article and found out they were all dead....I usually expect this kind of thing to end peacefully confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yountville, CA hostage situation   Yountville, CA hostage situation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Stoned Slacker wrote:
Fox news is reporting the three hostages are dead and the gunman is dead as well

This actually freaked me out when i checked back on the article and found out they were all dead....I usually expect this kind of thing to end peacefully confused

When I checked the news this morning I like DAMN IT! Shocked I was hoping for a different outcome as well. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yountville, CA hostage situation   Yountville, CA hostage situation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yountville, CA hostage situation
Page 1 of 1