Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hostage crisis incidents

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Hostage crisis incidents Empty
PostSubject: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Munich massacre (1972)
This happened on live TV. It was when Black September took Israeli athletes hostage and shot them. (12 deaths + 5/8 perpetrators)
Hanafi siege (1977) criminally underrated
Imagine 12 Muslims taking nearly 150 people hostage in Washington D.C. at three separate major buildings. (2 deaths, 3 injuries)
Iran hostage crisis (1979-1981)
People ended up hating Jimmy Carter because of how long this dragged on for along with the failed rescue attempt. (9 deaths)
Iranian embassy siege (1980)
This event was the subject of a major SAS operation. (2 deaths, 3 injuries + 5 perpetrators killed)
Cokeville Elementary School hostage crisis (1986)
David Young and Doris Young took 154 people hostage. His wife accidentally detonated the bomb which caused many injuries but no deaths, so David shot her and killed himself. (79 injuries + 2 dead perpetrators)
West End Christian School crisis (1988)
A man held roughly 60 people hostage and gave up as a result of a false claim made by the Alabama governor.
Sacramento hostage crisis (1991)
There is footage of this incident where the sniper fails to hit any of the perpetrators so the hostage takers go around shooting the hostages. (3 deaths, 14 injuries + 3 dead perpetrators)
Lindhurst High School siege (1992)
Eric Houston held 80+ students hostage and surrendered after a standoff. This is underrated as well. (4 dead, 10 injured)
Moscow theater hostage crisis (2002)
Carfentanil (allegedly) was used and resulted in the deaths of some of the hostages, causing a controversy. (130 dead, 700+ injured + 40-50 perpetrators killed)
Beslan school siege (2004)
This is the deadliest 'school shooting' ever, but since it was a wartime hostage crisis and the Russian soldiers (Spetsnaz) allegedly killed some people too, I would consider the deadliest school shooting to actually be the Walisongo school massacre. (334 deaths, 783 injuries + 34 hostage takers killed)
Manila hostage crisis (2010)
This happened on live TV as well. (8 deaths, 9 injuries + 1 dead perpetrator)
Alabama bunker hostage crisis (2013)
Jimmy Dykes took a child hostage in a bunker and threatened to detonate an IED. (1 bus driver killed + perpetrator killed)
Sydney siege (2014)
Man Monis took 18 people hostage. One of the two dead hostages was killed by police gunfire. Monis reminds me of Gavin Long. (2 dead, 4 injured + perpetrator killed)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] video of him talking
Brighton siege (2017)
Yacqub Khayre took a prostitute as hostage after killing a person and was eventually killed in a police shoot-out. (1 dead, 3 injured + perpetrator killed)

Last edited by NSAhoneypot on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 3:43 am

Bus 174 hostage crisis (2000)
This was broadcast live by most Brazilian national television channels. Sandro Rosa do Nascimento was a survivor of the Candelaria church massacre of July 23, 1993. On June 12, 2000 Nascimento boarded a public bus armed with a .38 caliber revolver, with the intention to rob the passengers. Moments after Nascimento announced the robbery, a passenger signaled to a vehicle from the Rio de Janeiro military police, prompting the police to intercept the bus. Sandro then took the bus passengers hostage. A number of events followed. At 06:50 PM local time, Nascimento exited the bus, using schoolteacher Geisa Firmo Gonçalves as a human shield. As Nascimento's attention was being held in one direction, an officer armed with a submachine gun approached Nascimento from behind. Just prior to the officer reaching him, Nascimento turned directly toward the officer and reacted by jerking away from the officer, falling to the ground, taking Gonçalves with him. The officer reacted by continuing his advance and firing two or three shots at Nascimento while doing so. The first shot struck Gonçalves in the face while none of the other shots struck Nascimento. Nascimento then proceeded to fire three shots at Gonçalves, killing her. Nascimento could be seen to be alive at the time he was placed into a police vehicle. Some time after being taken into custody, he died of asphyxiation. There were later assertions that Nascimento was intentionally killed by the police, and that his death was revenge for the public nature of the hostage event. The officers who took him into custody were charged with murder; after the jury trial, they were found not guilty. Gonçalves was shot four times. Police reports concluded she had been shot once in the face by the advancing police officer and then three times in the back by Nascimento in the ensuing struggle. The officer's shot was ruled unintentional by a court.

This is the only hostage crisis incident I could remember that happened live on TV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Hostage crisis's are fascinating to me, they are one of my favorite types of crimes
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 11:02 am

There was a hostage crisis at a Russian school in 2014. A 15 year old student named Sergey Gordeyev shot and killed his Geometry teacher and held his class hostage. He additionally shot and killed an officer outside the classroom, and injured another. After about an hour, his father told him to give up, wearing a bulletproof vest, and he surrendered to the police. It’s an interesting case, it’s actually the first school shooting by a student in Russia excluding the Beslan School Siege (which was a terrorist attack by multiple people).

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Casal dels Àngels school hostage crisis (2002): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The perpetrator would be reduced by an agent disguised as a pizza delivery man after submitting a class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Janet M. Smith took her own cat "hostage" in a grocery store in 1994. She was shot dead while lunging at officers, cat still in her hands.

Thomas Edward Smith, who took his estranged wife hostage at a 7-Eleven store, killed a store employee and committed suicide in January 1986. The television's cameras managed to took a shot from Smith's fatal shot to the head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 10:39 am

Willian Augusto da Silva took 39 passengers on a bus travelling over the Rio-Niteroi bridge hostage. He was armed with a fake pistol, a stun gun, gasoline, and a knife. He was later shot by police, the only casualty. He wanted to copy the onibus 174 hijacking and go down in history. He also wore a skull mask, but I don't know if he was interested in Suzano or got the idea from it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 41568
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 2:54 pm

1979 Mitsubishi Bank hostage incident
On January 26, 1979, 30 year old Akiyoshi Umekawa walked to a Mitsubishi Bank in Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka, with a shotgun, and asked for an employee to put money in a bag he was carrying, things didnt go really well and he shot and killed 4 people, two employees and two policeman. On December 16, 1963, at the age of 15, he killed a woman. Due to his young age at the time, his criminal record would be protected, which would allow him to own a shotgun for sporting purposes. After he shot dead those four people, he took about 40 hostages, also there was 5 people hidden but Umekawa didnt known about them, they would end up escaping, He close the doors, during the crisis, he lined the hostages to protect him for possible responding officers or snipers, and ordered to the female to full naked saying the following "I've seen my own children naked for fun. It's not because a nude woman wanted to see you naked, I made you take it off. You are my servants. You are my servants and you have to do whatever the lord tells you. I just made you naked to prove it. Don't worry about it, I don't have any strange intentions. But I can't guarantee what the media guys will write. They may think they can sell as long as they write erotic articles, or they may write something funny. It's not my responsibility to go that far." and the male hostages to be only naked ont the upper body. He got angry at one of the hostages and shot him, leaving him wounded, he then ordered an employee to stab the wounded man in the liver, giving him a knife, the employee said that the hostage was dead and the Umekawa talked about a scene from the Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom and then say to him if he is dead cut off his ear, the employee end cutting off part of the left ear, then Umekawa put the part that was cut off to his mouth, before spitting it out and saying it was terrible. At the evening, the police would deliver food for him and the hostages, the police considered putting sleaping pills in the sauce for the steak, but since Akiyoshi, would make the hostages test eat his food in case for poison, the idea was dropped. Also due some hostages started having cold and said if you are having cold burn the corspe and asked who was cold and said that he also had a lot of complaints and that if they died they would be cold anymore. On 27 January, the dead bodies of the victims were starting to smell, so Umekawa asked to removed the bodies which were removed, the police tried to take advancament of the mess that was happening due to the dead bodies, but Umekawa put a bank employee suit to look like a hostage. The on the morning of 28 January, police entered the bank and killed him, being the last criminal killed by Japanese police, until 2018, when a 21 year old attacked two police officers with a knife, killing one of them. More stuff happened, but unfornately there isnt a lot of info in English.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 41568
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 11:42 am

1993 Los Angeles County USC Medical Center shooting and hostage incident:
On February 8, 1993, at around noon, Damascio Ibarra Torres, 40 at the time, dressed in camouflage clothes and wearing dark glasses, walked into the urgent care area at Los Angeles County USC Medical Center armed with a sawed-off rifle, a .38 caliber pistol, a .44-caliber Magnum revolver and a hunting knife shot and injured doctors Glenn Rogers, Paul Kaszubowsky and Richard May, after yelling the question of where the doctors were and the claim that he had AIDS and he was dying. After shotting at those three doctors, with a total of seven bullets, he deamanded to know where the other doctors are. He started searching in cubicules and eventually found two nurses, and he said to them that he didn’t want nurses, he wanted doctors. After that he found Dr. Ann Tournay, who was examing a patient and that removed her badge that identify her as a doctor, when Damascio asked to her if she was a doctor, she answered that he was, to which he replied with “Don’t give me that, you’re a doctor. You’re British. I like the British. I like ‘Are You Being Served?’”. After that he handcuffed the doctor and her patient, when security guards arrived, he pointed a gun to the women’s head and the guards left. He then continued searching for doctors until, he barricaded himself, with his two hostages. After several hours he released the two and surrended himself and was arrested. During negociations with the police, before being arrested, he complained that he was a victim of a medical conspiracy and had been used as a “human guinea pig.” that had been injected with a mysterious virus that was killing him and he was rotting alive and giving off a stench, stench that he has afraid that would get him kicked off the hotel where he lived, and that when he went to the doctors to get help with his physical ailments, they told him to go to a mental hospital. He said that in 1982, a doctor gave him an injection then called him a “sorry bastard” and that since the injection he could not digest his food and had no control over his intestines and also said that doctors wanted him to die on the streets like a dog and he was being refused to treatament. In his room, which was room 432 of the Ford Hotel in downtown LA, it was found stickers and posters of Los Angeles Raiders and of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a gas mask, a German helmet, a lighter shaped like a tiny hand grenade , manuals entitled “Boobytrap” and “Survival” and also documents written be him, being one of his documents where he detailed his plans, being written “shoot all three screeners, grab two nurse hostages, shoot all doctors, no black  hostages, don’t shoot nurses or people, shoot doctors only, return to a cubicle and stay there all-day” and another document said “They are going to pay for treating me like a laboratory animal. They injected me with AIDS and all they want is to sit back and watch me die.”. And also one document said he hoped he would be stopped before he shot the doctors, so that he could receive help, but if he was not stopped, he would shot the doctors.
His room:
Spoiler:

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 1:34 pm

"After taking school bus in Paraná, Gilcimar Bianchi, 21, shoots ex-girlfriend and tries to kill himself

Boy hijacks bus and attempts suicide
A 21-year-old boy kidnapped the school bus where his ex-girlfriend was yesterday night in Paraná, tried to kill her and then shot himself in the head. Both are in a coma.
According to information provided by the Military Police, a school bus that transported 25 students from Iguatu (southwest of the state) to the rural area of ​​the city was intercepted at 10:15 pm by Gilcimar Bianchi, 21, during one of its stops.
The boy got on the bus and threatened to kill the driver, Sidney Paulo Rodrigues, with a 22-gauge revolver.
The bus continued on its way, but the students panicked. The hijacker then ordered the driver to stop the vehicle and allowed the students to get out.
Bianchi did not allow Ivete Lopes dos Santos, 16, his ex-girlfriend, to leave the bus.
Students
Students who had left the vehicle informed the Military Police of Iguatu that the school bus had been hijacked.
After traveling about three kilometers, the bus was intercepted on BR-369 by members of the 3rd Company of the State Highway Police.
At the police's request, the driver was released.
During negotiations between the Military Police and the kidnapper, Bianchi lay on Ivete's legs, keeping the gun always pointed at the student's head.
After about two hours of trying according to Bianchi, the police heard two shots. The kidnapper had shot his ex-girlfriend in the head and then in the head.
Revenge
According to driver Sidney Rodrigues, Bianchi said when entering the bus that the kidnapping was a revenge against Ivete motivated by the end of the relationship between the two.
The kidnapper also went so far as to say that the action had been planned for three days, according to Rodrigues told police.
Until the end of yesterday afternoon, Ivete remained in a serious condition in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) of the Regional Hospital of Cascavel, in southwest Paraná.
Bianchi was taken to the Interclínicas Hospital, in Campo Mourão, in the west of the state, where he remained in a coma at the CTI (Intensive Care Center) until 6 pm yesterday.
Along with the belongings of the kidnapper, police found a box with 23 caliber cartridges 22."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 10:54 pm

It's been six years since the 2014 Lindt Cafe siege.
Back to top Go down
SugaryDecay

SugaryDecay

Contribution Points : 36033
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 10:47 am

1989 Domino's Pizza hostage crisis:
On January 30th, 1989, 22 year old Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the Domino's Pizza The Noid ad campaign was a personal attack on himself, he also believed that Domino's owner Tom Monaghan had been coming into his apartment to "look around",entered a Domino's restaurant in Chamblee, Georgia, armed with a .357 Magnum revolver and held two employees hostage for over five hours. After telling the employees that Tom Monaghan had stolen his name, he forced them to call Domino's headquarters and demand $100,000 and a white limousine as getaway transportation.After offering to exchange one hostage for a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid reneged on his offer after a police officer brought him the book. Noid eventually became hungry and forced the employees to make him two special pizzas. While Noid ate the pizzas with his gun in his lap, the hostages escaped.Noid surrendered to the police shortly after. After the incident, Police Chief Reed Miller told reporters, "He's paranoid." Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. On February 17th, he was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent time in a mental institution, but committed suicide in February 23rd 1995. This incident has been insinuated to have caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot, though this has been rejected by the company and the advertisers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Parrkyeng

Parrkyeng

Contribution Points : 8055

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 11:55 pm

Last edited by Parrkyeng on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

AmyistWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 11797

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 2:18 am

Does the Pulse Nightclub shooting count?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hostage crisis incidents   Hostage crisis incidents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hostage crisis incidents
Page 1 of 1