Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

  March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/03/22/fed-up-parkland-students-featured-on-time-magazine-cover/23392969/

Time magazine’s new cover features survivors of February’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting who organized this weekend’s March For Our Lives protests for stronger gun laws in Washington and other cities.

“Enough,” reads the headline, superimposed over the crossed arms of Parkland senior Emma González — now a recognizable face in the fight for gun control, thanks in part to an impassioned speech in the days after the shooting and her trademark buzz-cut hair.

The cover also features her outspoken fellow students, Jaclyn Corin, Alex Wind, Cameron Kasky and David Hogg.

 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. 98965610






At least Time didn't plaster Nikolas Cruz's face on the cover, unlike with Columbine where E&D's pictures were the main focus.

But I am left with one question, why is the other girl not wearing shoes?  scratch  Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6308
Contribution Points : 181895
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 41

 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

Huh. I’m not sure about the shoes.

I think time learn their lesson. I don’t think they’ve had any other mass murderers or school shooters on the cover since Eric and Dylan.

I don’t remember this because I was a teenager when Columbine happened but I think the Boston bomber being on the cover of Rolling Stone got a lot more hate. But I could be wrong. I may not have been paying attention to that last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 10:33 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Huh. I’m not sure about the shoes.

I think time learn their lesson. I don’t think they’ve had any other mass murderers or school shooters on the cover since Eric and Dylan.

I don’t remember this because I was a teenager when Columbine happened  but I think the Boston bomber being on the cover of Rolling Stone got a lot more hate. But I could be wrong. I  may not have been paying attention to that last.





Also not to be mean, but why does David Hogg look like a caricature drawing?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 10:45 am

never fired a gun once.mp4
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4244
Contribution Points : 108025
Forum Reputation : 3129
Join date : 2017-09-04

 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think time learn their lesson. I don’t think they’ve had any other mass murderers or school shooters on the cover since Eric and Dylan.

They had Nidal Malik Hassan on the cover on one of their magazines. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6308
Contribution Points : 181895
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 41

 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 6:17 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I think time learn their lesson. I don’t think they’ve had any other mass murderers or school shooters on the cover since Eric and Dylan.

They had Nidal Malik Hassan on the cover on one of their magazines. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you! I didn’t know that. I appreciate you posting that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuga




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 53367
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Huh. I’m not sure about the shoes.

I think time learn their lesson. I don’t think they’ve had any other mass murderers or school shooters on the cover since Eric and Dylan.

I don’t remember this because I was a teenager when Columbine happened  but I think the Boston bomber being on the cover of Rolling Stone got a lot more hate. But I could be wrong. I  may not have been paying attention to that last.





Also not to be mean, but why does David Hogg look like a caricature drawing?
I think he just looks that way. He has the physique of a stick figure and the face of a pug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





 March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.    March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
March for Our Lives organizers featured on Time Magazine cover.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine
» March For Our Lives founder Cameron Kasky leaves group
» Virginia Tech - Time magazine
» Mass killers on Time magazine
» Columbine survivor featured on Dateline

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: