Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine   Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 6:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gracing the cover is a black and white photo of Parkland student Anthony Borges who was shot five times Feb. 14 during the school massacre. The photo features him shirtless with his surgical scars exposed while wearing a colostomy bag.

Borges, 15, was credited with protecting 20 classmates from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High during the shooting. Although he survived, he was considered among the most critically wounded. Bullets tore into his lung and abdomen and struck his legs three times. He was released from Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale in April.

Other students from Stoneman Douglas in the article are Samantha Fuentes,18, Ashley Baez, 15, Isabel Chequer,16, William Olson, 14, and Alexander Dworet, 15. Dworet's older brother, Nicholas, was killed in the shooting.

The Parkland students were photographed last July in a studio in Fort Lauderdale, according to Lauren Starke, director of communications for the magazine.

In all, there are 25 shooting survivors in the story from the past 72 years including those from the 1999 Columbine High School massacre to the more recent incident at Santa Fe High School, Texas.

The story's photographer Michael Avedon said, "school shootings are an epidemic in this country, and until the United States changes its gun laws, they will continue. This is not just a problem for our country; it is a crisis for humanity."

Very raw and in your face pic. Shocked   I have followed Anthony's long recovery. This kid is a fucking fighter, and deserves all the recognition he gets. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine   Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 8:02 pm

This is a very powerful and yet beautiful picture. God, this boy was shot 5 times and he is still alive. Some people are very impressive, I know everything may be explained by science and the degree of injuries but still, I've got the impression that some people will cling to life no matter what happens.

Here is the article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is very weird to think that these people met and were shot by the people we study each day, we relate to to some extent, we feel a little sympathy for some of them. And these poor people not only saw these shooters, they lived with them and now they keep living with the memories of them and the marks, scars of these tragedies. They became living evidences of what happened.

I hope I will be able to find an issue in Paris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine   Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 9:52 am

Neah wrote:
This is a very powerful and yet beautiful picture. God, this boy was shot 5 times and he is still alive. Some people are very impressive, I know everything may be explained by science and the degree of injuries but still, I've got the impression that some people will cling to life no matter what happens.

Here is the article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is very weird to think that these people met and were shot by the people we study each day, we relate to to some extent, we feel a little sympathy for some of them. And these poor people not only saw these shooters, they lived with them and now they keep living with the memories of them and the marks, scars of these tragedies. They became living evidences of what happened.

I hope I will be able to find an issue in Paris.

Very true. Anthony went through so much, he was very lucky to have survived. Apparently he has a lot of heart and spirit to have fought his way back to where he is now. I have posted several articles about him in the Parkland threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine   Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine
Page 1 of 1