Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

“Faces” of a mass shooting

Go down 
+4
Stoned Slacker
Tuga
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

“Faces” of a mass shooting  Empty
PostSubject: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Shadowed posted the picture of the kids from last months school shooting on the cover of Time Magazine. David Hogg has become one of the more outspoken kids and the one making the media circuit.

Then I though back to Columbine and the months and years of news, I saw an old video on YouTube and the reporter called in “tonight’s Columbine report” and I was thinking of the survivors and community members. The Browns made themselves available, Patrick Ireland falling out of the window surely was followed closely, I don’t remember who the “why” girl was. I know some of E&Ds friends were interviewed a lot.. Brooks was a prominent figure too.

Now I think Sue and Devon are the “faces” Devon because she’s speaking out so much now.

Were there other shootings that had prominent “faces” I can’t think of any from Vegas or Virginia Tech..
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Were there other shootings that had prominent “faces” I can’t think of any from Vegas or Virginia Tech..

Sandy Hook had Lenny Ponzer (I think that's how it's spelled) and Vicki Soto (though she had died during the shooting). I can't think of too many other mass shootings that had their victims get a significant amount of media attention.

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 12:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VERY proud of these brave kids

Something just seems a little... off about this picture.

(i don't actually support them, i just had a 3 day phase where i made a lot of sam hyde shops

Last edited by eldigato on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 9:49 am

These Parkland kids are awesome and awe inspiring. One twitter user noted ''This is the first school shooting where I know more about the survivors rather than the shooter''.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am

eldigato wrote:

Took me a second to figure out what was off about it! scratch Suspect Haha
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 57954
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:54 am

eldigato wrote:

lel
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Liviu Librescu (The holocaust survivor turned professor who was killed while holding his classroom's door shut) from V-Tech.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: guns    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Now I think Sue and Devon are the “faces” Devon because she’s speaking out so much now.

The most famous victim of the Oklahoma City Bombing was Baylee Almon, the baby who tragically died and was cradled by a firefighter who discovered the body in a very sadly iconic photo--don't know how much today's generations ever see it, just like I didn't find out about the ghost-like dead infant from the Bhopal gas leak that killed 3000+ people in India in 1984...a huge huge huge industrial accent and geopolitical event that I KNOW today's kids have never heard of...I'm not faulting them necessarily you have to do your own digging to find out about even recent events...

...anyway, Baylee Almon's death turned into a bizarre, embarrassing controversy of sorts because some people felt too much attention was focused on her when there were 167 other victims killed by Bad Timmy on April 19 1995.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58092
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 3:39 am

I bet Hogg now earning a lot of money, I don't believe he can act so dumb just for free. Or he just attention-guy.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 am

eldigato wrote:

Hey, I'm in this picture!
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm

The douchey right wing response to this is some of the worst Internet/social media garbage I've ever seen, ever. I think the response is even worse than Charlottesville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Faces” of a mass shooting    “Faces” of a mass shooting  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

“Faces” of a mass shooting
Page 1 of 1