Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylans equipment?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 69966
Forum Reputation : 95

Eric and Dylans equipment?  Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:25 pm

So I was wondering what equipment did they use? We all know the weapons but take the infamous cafeteria picture of them. Eric seems to have a lot of slings on him I suppose he had his High Point carbine on one of the slings and then we can see his shotgun pointed down at his boot what else did he carry? Also when you look at Dylan in the same photo he only hold his AB-10 but doesn´t seem to carry any magazine pouches or anything where did he store his extra ammo? Or did he just have some spare mags in his pockets or did they have a duffel bag with magazines and extra ammunition in the library?

Sorry maybe a little boring of a question for your taste but I have just wondered about it. Especially where did they store their magazines, because if you look at the pictures/video from the exhibit where all their equipment were displayed it looked like they only had large magazine pouches instead of smaller ones designed for fast reloads. And that makes me wonder if they cared more about a high kill count or to look as bad-ass as possible for a more theatrical approach.

Thought please. Also is there a list anywhere with all equipment used by Eric and Dylan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:29 pm

at the time he was low on clips. carried some on his sling, they were tiny things so would be hard to see on a grainy security cam photo. also, the pouches were so they could quickly pull out shotgun shells instead of fumbling in their pants. the ammo was already loaded into magazines.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Here's a very helpful thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 69966
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 pm

sscc wrote:

Thank you yes that was very helpful.
But I am still wondering about the big mag pouches, was the pouches just meant for shotgun shells because I can see how that would be faster for them than digging through the pockets. So they just had their pistol and carbine magazines in their pockets? And how many magazines did they have each? I read not long ago that Dylan had 30 and 40 round magazines and many of them malfunctioned so that is why there was left several nearly full AB-10 magazines on the ground. Is there a reliable source on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 8:31 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
sscc wrote:

But I am still wondering about the big mag pouches, was the pouches just meant for shotgun shells because I can see how that would be faster for them than digging through the pockets. So they just had their pistol and carbine magazines in their pockets? And how many magazines did they have each? I read not long ago that Dylan had 30 and 40 round magazines and many of them malfunctioned so that is why there was left several nearly full AB-10 magazines on the ground. Is there a reliable source on this?

he thought they malfunctioned, most were fully working, the gun probably just jammed and he thought they malfunctioned.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 pm

eldigato wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
sscc wrote:

he thought they malfunctioned, most were fully working, the gun probably just jammed and he thought they malfunctioned.

Yeah, the Tec-9 is a pretty shitty gun.

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97193
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 3:39 am

According to the autopsy reports, Eric and Dylan’s equipment was ‘of normal size and shape’.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:10 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
According to the autopsy reports, Eric and Dylan’s equipment was ‘of normal size and shape’.
Unexpected. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

lol!

That was my first thought when I read the title. My mind goes to strange places.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am

Just check out Hitmen for Hire and pause as they are walking up the alley towards Erik V.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am

Wasn't there a magazine (forgive me if I'm using the wrong word) of Dylan's Tec 9 outside the school. I feel like I have seen a picture of it as evidence...

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 11:55 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Wasn't there a magazine (forgive me if I'm using the wrong word) of Dylan's Tec 9 outside the school. I feel like I have seen a picture of it as evidence...

I think there was indeed. It was a full magazine too, right?

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 1:52 pm

sscc wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
Unexpected. Laughing

Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylans equipment?    Eric and Dylans equipment?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylans equipment?
Page 1 of 1