Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AnimeXd

AnimeXd

Contribution Points : 55274
Forum Reputation : 0

Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Empty
PostSubject: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 am

cbc .ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-bisonnette-sentencing-1.4621689

Alexandre  Bissonnette seemed particularly interested in Dylann Roof, a white supremacist who killed nine churchgoers inside a church in South Carolina, searching for references to the mass murderer 201 times during that month.

He also looked up references to Marc Lépine, the man convicted of killing 14 women in 1989 at the Polytechnique engineering school, and looked into feminist groups at Laval University.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 am

AnimeXd wrote:
cbc .ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-bisonnette-sentencing-1.4621689

Alexandre  Bissonnette seemed particularly interested in Dylann Roof, a white supremacist who killed nine churchgoers inside a church in South Carolina, searching for references to the mass murderer 201 times during that month.

He also looked up references to Marc Lépine, the man convicted of killing 14 women in 1989 at the Polytechnique engineering school, and looked into feminist groups at Laval University.

A far-right killer researched other far-right killers obsessively? Color me shocked.

AnimeXd

AnimeXd

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
AnimeXd wrote:

A far-right killer researched other far-right killers obsessively? Color me shocked.

yeah but he claimed that he would of shot anyone even if he didnt have a far right motive
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 pm

AnimeXd wrote:
and looked into feminist groups at Laval University.
Sounds like he would of become a Marc Lepine copycat if he didn't go for the mosque.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:39 pm

AnimeXd wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
AnimeXd wrote:

yeah but he claimed that he would of shot anyone even if he didnt have a far right motive

But his choice of target would likely be different.

STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73219
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 1:06 am

Like Dylann Roof, he seems like he would have shot some place up even if he wasn't a far-right radical.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:17 am

STK wrote:
Like Dylann Roof, he seems like he would have shot some place up even if he wasn't a far-right radical.

I'm a little late to the party on this. When was it apparent that Dylann Roof would've been a mass shooter regardless of his politics?

STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 4:29 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

I'm a little late to the party on this. When was it apparent that Dylann Roof would've been a mass shooter regardless of his politics?
Both Roof and Bissonnette seem less like terrorists who used a mass shooting as a tactic and more like stereotypical mass shooter personalities who used a far-right idealogy as a way to compensate for their inadequacies. I say this because they both had backgrounds and traits (I.E. obsession with mass shooters, heavy introversion, childhood bullying) that are more strongly associated with vanilla mass shooters than terrorists who used mass shootings as a terror tactic; to put it another way, if instead of committing a political based shooting, Barend Strydom or Benjamin Nathaniel Smith shot up a random street corner or a college, would their background seem in line with other non-political mass shooters?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:47 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Both Roof and Bissonnette seem less like terrorists who used a mass shooting as a tactic and more like stereotypical mass shooter personalities who used a far-right idealogy as a way to compensate for their inadequacies. I say this because they both had backgrounds and traits (I.E. obsession with mass shooters, heavy introversion, childhood bullying) that are more strongly associated with vanilla mass shooters than terrorists who used mass shootings as a terror tactic; to put it another way, if instead of committing a political based shooting, Barend Strydom or Benjamin Nathaniel Smith shot up a random street corner or a college, would their background seem in line with other non-political mass shooters?

Oh ok. That makes sense.

AnimeXd

AnimeXd

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 11:32 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Both Roof and Bissonnette seem less like terrorists who used a mass shooting as a tactic and more like stereotypical mass shooter personalities who used a far-right idealogy as a way to compensate for their inadequacies. I say this because they both had backgrounds and traits (I.E. obsession with mass shooters, heavy introversion, childhood bullying) that are more strongly associated with vanilla mass shooters than terrorists who used mass shootings as a terror tactic; to put it another way, if instead of committing a political based shooting, shot up a random street corner or a college, would their background seem in line with other non-political mass shooters?

are there any shooters that Roof specifically mentioned?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 11:37 pm

AnimeXd wrote:
are there any shooters that Roof specifically mentioned?
Not to my knowledge; I had Alex in mind when I mentioned that. For Roof specifically, his apparent OCD and "somatic delusions" are what I would classify as being "vanilla" mass shooter associated.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29803
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 6:14 pm

201 times? This guy was proper fucking obsessed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder   Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alexandre Bissonnette obssesed with mass murder
Page 1 of 1