Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Empty
PostSubject: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 9:00 am

Columbine:
-Wanted to blow up the school, but failed.
-Shot at people in the halls
-shot at police
-Eric tried to join the Marines but failed
-Liked violent video games
-Eric and Dylan liked Doom
-Insulted victims
-Yelled stuff during the massacre
-Made commands to certain students
-Made threats warning of a future attack
-Both wore shirts with slogans on them(Natural Selection, Wrath)
-Dylan liked some strategy games like Age Of Empires 2
-Dylan shot himself in the head
-Dylan didn't die instantly
-Liked NBK
-Eric saw it as an attack on the Human race and the world
-Eric heard of previous school shootings
-Eric had a dog
-Eric made posts online
-Left behind a manifesto of some sort (tapes and writings)
-Eric had a brother
-Liked wearing some sort of clothing that stood out (trench coats)
-Dylan was shy
-Eric was very interested in military stuff
-Practiced at shooting range
-Eric hated humanity
-Both were bullied
-Both were into bands like KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein
-Called themselves gods
-Chose April 19th in honor of Oklahoma city bombing, April 20th as the date was not planned

Jokela:
-Tried to set the school on fire but failed
-Shot at people in the halls
-Shot at police
-Pekka lied on his examination for the Finnish armed forces, was not enlisted for unknown reasons
-Liked violent video games
-Pekka liked Doom
-Insulted the headmistress before killing her
-Also yelled stuff during the rampage
-Commanded students in a classroom to help destroy the school
-Warned of a "white revolution"
-Wore black shirt with slogan "Humanity Is Overrated"
-Reported to have played Civilization in the police report
-Pekka also shot himself in the head
-Pekka also didn't die instantly, died later in a hospital
-Also liked NBK
-Pekka also saw the shooting as an attack on the human race, but also as a revolution, and terrorism.
-Researched school shootings
-Also had a dog (seen in his parents interview)
-Pekka made posts on YouTube and forums
-"Manifesto Of A Natural Selector"
-Pekka had a brother
-Was noted for wearing a black leather coat
-Pekka was shy
-Pekka was also interested in military stuff (hence the fact he liked Battlefield 2)
-Practiced shooting in the woods
-Was bullied since elementary school
-Also liked KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails and Rammstein, also used some of their songs in his YouTube videos
-Called himself godlike
-Chose November 7th cause of the anniversary of Bolshevik Revolution
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120728
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Pekka was also trying to copy Eric and Dylan as much as possible, the similarities are intentional on his part.

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:29 pm

And how do you know this?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:34 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
And how do you know this?

It's pretty obvious man. His manifesto and writings look plagiarized from Eric and he posted videos related to Columbine on his YT channel.

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Well I knew he made videos of Columbine but I honestly IMO didn't think he was trying to copycat anyone
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 6:04 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Well I knew he made videos of Columbine but I honestly IMO didn't think he was trying to copycat anyone

Well some of the things you listed (wearing trench coats, the love of Doom, NBK, and KMFDM, referring to his manifesto as "Manifesto of a Natural Selector") all seem to be an intentional homage to Eric and Dylan.

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 6:06 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Well some of the things you listed (wearing trench coats, the love of Doom, NBK, and KMFDM, referring to his manifesto as "Diary of a Natural Selector") all seem to be an intentional homage to Eric and Dylan.

Agreed. There was some strong Columbine vibes there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 am

QuestionMark wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Well some of the things you listed (wearing trench coats, the love of Doom, NBK, and KMFDM, referring to his manifesto as "Manifesto of a Natural Selector") all seem to be an intentional homage to Eric and Dylan.

Well maybe He got into those bands after just learning more about Columbine? like me for example i listen to those bands purely through discovery of Columbine, not because I wanna imitate eric and dylan or something like that. (Also the leather coat was not a trench coat, you can clearly see this in his shooting range video) The coat, may have just been his own style, but ok yes he may have trying to be like eric and dylan but just couldn't find a longer coat. As for Doom? well thats really anyone's guess, maybe he liked playing Doom cause maybe his computer wasn't graphically capable of playing more modern games like Call Of Duty 4, idk, like I said anyone's guess on why he liked Doom
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:58 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Well maybe He got into those bands after just learning more about Columbine? like me for example i listen to those bands purely through discovery of Columbine, not because I wanna imitate eric and dylan or something like that.

That was kinda what I was implying...

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:19 pm

i'd say i like Pekka and Matti Saari more than E&D because they are less well known and more interesting.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83812
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 1:28 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Read his manifesto. More than half of what he wrote was paraphrasing of Eric Harris' words and ideas. He quotes him directly at one point but a lot of it is just a rearranged echo of what Eric wrote in his journal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 am

SHIT! made a mistake, Pekka Eric Auvinen did not have a dog, according to someone on tumblr, so idk whos dog that is in the interview
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:53 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
SHIT! made a mistake, Pekka Eric Auvinen did not have a dog, according to someone on tumblr, so idk whos dog that is in the interview
Maybe they got a dog after the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela   Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Similarities Between Columbine And Jokela
Page 1 of 1