Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting

Go down 
+7
Rebbie556
Sabratha
blueeyedskitzo2
Draw_It_White
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
Screamingophelia
11 posters
AuthorMessage

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Empty
PostSubject: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Eric's journals provide a graphic description of what his intentions were after the shooting at the school.

He stated that, if they successfully escape police, he wanted to set time bombs "around houses, roads, bridges, buildings and gas stations, anything that will cause damage and chaos."

Then,

"If by some wierd [sic] as shit luck my [sic] and V survive and escape we will move to some island somewhere or maybe mexico, new zelend [sic] or some exotic place where americans cant get us. if there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside [f]iring away as we go down".

"It'll be like the LA riots, the oklahoma bombing, WWII, vietnam, duke and doom all mixed together," he wrote.

"I want to leave a lasting impression on the world."

Last edited by eyutytuheu on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:35 pm

He was a tad hyperbolic

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Yet people here think Eric was manipulated by Dylan into committing the shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Dylan didn’t have the follow through. Eric did. I think Dylan was so stuck in his head, his anger, his feelings of nothingness and when he and Eric started hatching the plan they just went down a really distructuve path.

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Didn't Dylan expect to die after shooting? I don't think he would of joined Eric in killing more people if they escaped the Police.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Didn't Dylan expect to die after shooting? I don't think he would of joined Eric in killing more people if they escaped the Police.

You are absolutely correct

Dylan even had a bullet in his boot for suicide

Witnesses state that when he entered the cafeteria he screamed today I’m going to die I’m going to kill myself.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:21 pm

I read somewhere and I agree

The ONLY person that day who got everything he wanted was Dylan.

I don’t think he gave a shit about the bombs or anything. He wanted his anger to be known, he wanted to hurt people and die.. and he did.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I don’t think he gave a shit about the bombs or anything. He wanted his anger to be known, he wanted to hurt people and die.. and he did.
He probably didn't want to choke to death on his own blood though.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Excellent point. I read a couple different theories on whether or not he was conscious of what was going on and if he felt anything.

I feel like a monster because sometimes I think after what he did, feeling a little pain isn't that bad, his victims suffered too.

I know I said something bad about Dylan... don't faint people, don't faint. Surprised

I think I tend to talk about what may have gone into Dylan's actions and not the cruelty of what Dylan did sometimes.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
He was a tad hyperbolic

And more than a little grandiose.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Excellent point. I read a couple different theories on whether or not he was conscious of what was going on and if he felt anything.

I feel like a monster because sometimes I think after what he did, feeling a little pain isn't that bad, his victims suffered too.

I know I said something bad about Dylan... don't faint people, don't faint. Surprised

I think I tend to talk about what may have gone into Dylan's actions and not the cruelty of what Dylan did sometimes.
I like to think he didn't feel any pain when he was dying.

I know a lot of people here have this deep hatred for Dylan and think of him as this evil sociopath who manipulated Eric and was the grand mastermind behind everything, but they forget that Dylan was a person too who felt great emotional pain and whose life experiences made him into a killer. Both him and Eric were troubled, depressed, lonely teens who were pushed over edge into committing a massacre.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I think this is what most people in the TCC think. I often think that I should not feel sympathy for mass shooters, but in the same time it is hard not to see them as humans when you've read their journals, their forum posts, you've seen their drawings and their favorite movies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Dylan got what he fckn deserved if he did choke on own blood. All of his victims' pain went full circle back to him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 3:41 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I like to think he didn't feel any pain when he was dying.

I know a lot of people here have this deep hatred for Dylan and think of him as this evil sociopath who manipulated Eric and was the grand mastermind behind everything, but they forget that Dylan was a person too who felt great emotional pain and whose life experiences made him into a killer. Both him and Eric were troubled, depressed, lonely teens who were pushed over edge into committing a massacre.

I agree. I do have empathy for Dylan as well and I don't understand why they think Dylan is the black hearted evil one.. what they did was awful yes but they were hurting and pushed over the edge.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I don't understand why they think Dylan is the black hearted evil one.

They're having an extreme reaction to Cullen's book.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:46 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I have met people from the area who think Cullen's book is accurate and I am like HOW could you have lived through it, heard you're fellow classmates and community members say WE know it is inaccurate and still think it is a good book?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I have met people from the area who think Cullen's book is accurate and I am like HOW could you have lived through it, heard you're fellow classmates and community members say WE know it is inaccurate and still think it is a good book?

I think even Brooks slammed Cullen's book as trash.

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Some would say that’s quite ironic.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Some would say that’s quite ironic.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 2:53 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

He did, he said it denied all the things that he had his friends went through

Anne Marie Hochhalter said it was sensationalized and false.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedskitzo2

Contribution Points : 64178
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Dylan, like so many other teenagers suffered from severe depression and suicidal ideation. But so many teenagers choose not to go down a path of violence and try to seek help even when life seems over. Niether killer will ever have sympathy from me. They made their choices. And yes, by looking at the massive pool of blood under Dylan's head in the leaked crime scene photos, he probably suffered tremendously toward the end. He aspirated on his own blood, so what he felt would probably be comparable to the terror felt by drowning in water.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Yet people here think Eric was manipulated by Dylan into committing the shooting.

Nobody can know for sure which way it went.

I for one am convinced that Dylan was the one who first had notions/daydreams/fantasies of a spree shooting. At the same time I believe that it was likely Eric who convinced Dylan that this is something that can actually become reality.
Dylan came up with the idea, but Eric was the guy who made it happen.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 11:45 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Dylan got what he fckn deserved if he did choke on own blood. All of his victims' pain went full circle back to him.

Well it wasnt his fault. Tec-9s are pretty shit guns
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 am

blueeyedskitzo2 wrote:
He aspirated on his own blood, so what he felt would probably be comparable to the terror felt by drowning in water.

Worse than that, since he'd be feeling the pain of a bullet wound to the head on top of that.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Nobody can know for sure which way it went.

I for one am convinced that Dylan was the one who first had notions/daydreams/fantasies of a spree shooting. At the same time I believe that it was likely Eric who convinced Dylan that this is something that can actually become reality.
Dylan came up with the idea, but Eric was the guy who made it happen.

Agreed. I believe it was Dylan's original plan and Eric put himself in the drivers seat.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Weren't they running out of ammunition after shooting up the library? Don't really see how they would kill more if they escaped.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Weren't they running out of ammunition after shooting up the library? Don't really see how they would kill more if they escaped.

We've got to remember that the shooting at Columbine didn't go accordingly to how they wanted at all. There's even a rumour that they killed themselves because they were ashamed.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 5:55 am

I think they were coming down from their high, it wasn't "enjoyable" for them anymore. So they went back to the library to exchange fire with the cops once more and I think Eric was ashamed, his big exit failed (thankfully) to Eric he again failed and took himself out in the most brutal way possible. He hated himself so much.

I assume Dylan lit a molotov cocktail so it could act like a timer for him, he had to kill himself before it exploded. Dylan always wanted to kill himself, so I don't think he gave a shit about the bombs or the cops. He just wanted to die. I think he also liked playing god and knowing he COULD kill anyone he wanted but HE chose not to.

Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 91281
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:35 pm

" there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside." that's a creepy foreshadowing...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
" there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside."  that's a creepy foreshadowing...  

Very much so and the fact that Dylan's birthday is September 11.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm just wondering why they chose NYC specifically. They might as well have chosen to crash into the World Trade Centre. (or the Statue of Liberty)
Back to top Go down
arnounymus

arnounymus

Contribution Points : 56088
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:03 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:
Eric's journals provide a graphic description of what his intentions were after the shooting at the school.

He stated that, if they successfully escape police, he wanted to set time bombs "around houses, roads, bridges, buildings and gas stations, anything that will cause damage and chaos."

Then,

"If by some wierd [sic] as shit luck my [sic] and V survive and escape we will move to some island somewhere or maybe mexico, new zelend [sic] or some exotic place where americans cant get us. if there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside [f]iring away as we go down".

"It'll be like the LA riots, the oklahoma bombing, WWII, vietnam, duke and doom all mixed together," he wrote.

"I want to leave a lasting impression on the world."

In a very weird way, i do like these sentences from Eric ... they show just how much of a confused megalomaniac he was. Comparing the bombing and shooting at his school to two of the worst wars to ever haunt mankind. And then even to fictitious videogames where aliens/demons threaten to destroy all of mankind ... That's definitely some self-confidence right there (to put it sarcastically). Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:46 pm

I think the "weird as shit luck" part makes it pretty clear Eric didn't really expect to walk out of there alive.

In a way, I think this whole paragraph was written by Eric just as his way of saying: "Oh and by the way, there was no peaceful way out. I'd just go after more people if I made it out."

Remember, Eric was 11 when Ruby Ridge and 12 when Waco happened. I think its more than certain that he was aware of the whole: "Could the security services handle it better? Was there a peacefull way out?" controversy. He wanted to be painfully clear that no peaceful way was available at Columbie and that he would never agree to anything like it.

Not just in this passage, but in his journal in general, Eric wanted to stay in control of the narrative. I think he also had a fear that he will be misrepresented (which is imho what did happen) and that he wouldn't be able to straighten things out because he'd be dead. I think another great example of such a passge was his: "Its my fault" rant.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 1:28 pm

I don't really understand why people are angry at Dave Cullen, but thats just me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 am

Norwegian wrote:
I don't really understand why people are angry at Dave Cullen, but thats just me.

His book isn't factual. It's full of lies.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Norwegian wrote:

I won't listen to a word of what that guy has to say

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Even survivors say they dismiss a lot of what he says.

How Do you research something for 10 years and you get so much stuff wrong when it takes two seconds to google something

Then he said The only people who believe that there was a bullying issue were fangirls

Their friends had mentioned bullying and I would not call them fans

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 pm

It should be called Cullenbine, since his book is literally his interpretation of the events, not based off the true facts.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm

slippy123 wrote:
It should be called Cullenbine, since his book is literally his interpretation of the events, not based off the true facts.

"Cullenbine" Novel by Dave Cullen

Roll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting
Page 1 of 1