Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trench coats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 am

I was thinking about the actual garments today.. Eric and Dylan were not officially a part of the "group" and we know Dylan had two and supposedly Eric wanted to follow suit and get one.

But why, why did they use it almost as armor? Did they have different reasons? I get the sense Eric didn't wear his as much as Dylan did. I don't think it had the same meaning to Eric as it did Dylan.

We know they were friends with Chris and I heard Marla was part of the TCM and she may have been Dylan's Halcyon girl and Kristin T was part of the group and she went on a date with Dylan but besides Chris Eric didn't seem to have a huge connection to them.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I was thinking about the actual garments today.. Eric and Dylan were not officially a part of the "group" and we know Dylan had two and supposedly Eric wanted to follow suit and get one.

But why, why did they use it almost as armor? Did they have different reasons? I get the sense Eric didn't wear his as much as Dylan did. I don't think it had the same meaning to Eric as it did Dylan.

We know they were friends with Chris and I heard Marla was part of the TCM and she may have been Dylan's Halcyon girl and Kristin T was part of the group and she went on a date with Dylan but besides Chris Eric didn't seem to have a huge connection to them.

Honestly, I think they wore trenchcoats just to look cool.

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Agreed. They probably did think it was cool.

But I always thought they wore them to make people think they were associated with the TCM. As a way to feel like they belonged to a social group, and fit in somewhere.

Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

Contribution Points : 56654
Forum Reputation : 0

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I also think they maybe wore the trenchcoats to be a part of the TCM or to make other people think they were, but probably mainly to look cool or 'badass'. It wasn't very odd to wear a trenchcoat back then, especially after the Matrix came out in 1999.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Agreed. They probably did think it was cool.  

But I always thought they wore them to make people think they were associated with the TCM. As a way to feel like they belonged to a social group, and fit in somewhere.  

I'm not sure if they wanted to be associated with the TCM, though wasn't Chris Morris a part of that group?

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Agreed. They probably did think it was cool.  

I'm not sure if they wanted to be associated with the TCM, though wasn't Chris Morris a part of that group?

Yes he was. Chris Morris was supposedly one of the founding members.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70348
Forum Reputation : 345

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 11:54 pm

They simply thought they looked cool.

Don't believe they were trying to be part of the TCM, which the media made more of than it really was in actuality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trench coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trench coats   Trench coats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trench coats
Page 1 of 1