Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Dylan have two long coats?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80036
Forum Reputation : 18

Did Dylan have two long coats? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 am

A lot of reports claim Dylan had only one long black coat, his father had even searched his room for one but couldn't find it.

I may be wrong, but I actually think Dylan had two. He had the cheap oilskin one that was identical to Eric's, he later had a more expensive one made out of leather. Some people claim that the leather one was the same duster just with those shoulder parts removed, but I'm not convinced because it looks like a completely different material, and if it is a different coat, what could have happened to the other one? and which one did he wear that day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Leather Trench Coat (Rampart Range, Radioactive Clothing)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oilskin Duster (Hitmen for Hire, Dylan on the stage, Dylan outside Black Jacks, Morning Ritual)
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83514
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 12:54 am

He may have wore one out and had to get another before 4/20. Its possible seeing as how he would wear the thing almost all the time.

"My husband had told himself that if he found the coat, Dylan couldn't be involved. He'd torn the house apart, looking everywhere. No coat. When there was nowhere left to look, somehow he knew the truth. It was like staring at one of those computer-generated 3-D pictures when the abstract pattern suddenly comes into focus as a recognizable image." Susan Klebold, I Will Never Know Why

His mother makes it sound like he only had the one though. Of course he could have just trashed one when he got another. I think it would be interesting to know. It would give us an idea just how dependent Dylan's self esteem was on the jacket. I've always thought Dylan needed the coat more than Eric. Just look at the way he walks during Hitmen for Hire. Shoulders out and fists clenched. When he wore the coat Dylan wanted to come across as tough as possible. If he really was that reliant on the coat it wouldn't be surprising to find he had more than one.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97942
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 5:11 am

I dunno, it looks the same shape and style to me in all vids. The diff material may just be an illusion made by lighting.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80036
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 1:17 pm

You could be right, it's hard to tell from these old 90's videos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have looked at them closely and found matching coats in Google, the oilskin coat seems to be shorter and has 2 large pockets on the sides (he has his hands inside them in hitmen). The collar of that coat is also much bigger and the sleeves are much looser.

The leather coat is longer, has no pockets on the side, a different collar, tight fitting sleeves and is a much more expensive material than oilskin.

But it could just be my eyes. Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90299
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 pm

The first thing I noticed was the hugs collar/cape thing on tbe cloth one and the abscence of it on the leather one. It's possible he had both but Mrs. Klebold was only referring to needing to find the cloth coat, since it isn't a very good idea to wear a long leather coat on a warm spring day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have two long coats?   Did Dylan have two long coats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Dylan have two long coats?
Page 1 of 1