Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Empty
PostSubject: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lawyers for Nikolas Cruz want to stop school officials from releasing a report about how the district handled the Parkland shooter during his years in school.

The independent consultant’s report includes Cruz’s educational, disciplinary and some counseling records.

For months, Broward Schools have declined to answer questions about Cruz, saying the report would assess the district’s practices. But then the district refused to release it to the public, insisting it was prepared to defend against lawsuits and contained private information about Cruz.

Suddenly last week, the district asked a Broward judge to determine whether the public’s right to know should take precedence over Cruz’s right to privacy.

“The School Board and Superintendent (Robert) Runcie are interested in releasing for public inspection whatever portions of that report this court deems appropriate,” the district’s lawyers wrote.

Cruz’s lawyers balked in documents filed Monday.

‘The information contained in the report is confidential, protected under the law, and therefore not subject to public release,” the Broward Public Defender’s Office wrote. The attorneys are looking to Broward Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer, who is handling the criminal case, to block the report’s release.

No hearing has been set to consider the issue. Cruz is next due in court on July 16, when lawyers will debate how much of his confession should be disclosed.

Sorry but in my opinion Cruz gave up his right to privacy when he took 17 lives. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Lawyers for Nikolas Cruz want to stop school officials from releasing a report about how the district handled the Parkland shooter during his years in school.

The independent consultant’s report includes Cruz’s educational, disciplinary and some counseling records.

For months, Broward Schools have declined to answer questions about Cruz, saying the report would assess the district’s practices. But then the district refused to release it to the public, insisting it was prepared to defend against lawsuits and contained private information about Cruz.

Suddenly last week, the district asked a Broward judge to determine whether the public’s right to know should take precedence over Cruz’s right to privacy.

“The School Board and Superintendent (Robert) Runcie are interested in releasing for public inspection whatever portions of that report this court deems appropriate,” the district’s lawyers wrote.

‘The information contained in the report is confidential, protected under the law, and therefore not subject to public release,” the Broward Public Defender’s Office wrote. The attorneys are looking to Broward Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer, who is handling the criminal case, to block the report’s release.

No hearing has been set to consider the issue. Cruz is next due in court on July 16, when lawyers will debate how much of his confession should be disclosed.

Sorry but in my opinion Cruz gave up his right to privacy when he took 17 lives.  Evil or Very Mad  

lol after the catastrophe of letting the cell phone vids get released they're just trying to get everything blocked now. How pathetic.

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:54 am

He will never be free again, so he shouldn't care if people outside the prison know about his life.

If it is very private informations and non useful to the case it should not be released to the public, but if it is important for the case and necessary to better understand the shooting then the public should know (if authorities agree to release it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Sorry but in my opinion Cruz gave up his right to privacy when he took 17 lives.  Evil or Very Mad  

lol after the catastrophe of letting the cell phone vids get released they're just trying to get everything blocked now. How pathetic.

Agreed. But from what I have gathered on it, Cruz is the one who is balking on his school related info being released. It really makes no sense. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:26 am

Neah wrote:
He will never be free again, so he shouldn't care if people outside the prison know about his life.

If it is very private informations and non useful to the case it should not be released to the public, but if it is important for the case and necessary to better understand the shooting then the public should know (if authorities agree to release it).

The only thing I can guess is that he is embarrassed by what this information might say about his behavior and doesn't want it released. Because at this point this info could do very little to hurt his case. That damage has already been done when the videos were released with him talking about how he was going to pull off the attack.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

The only thing I can guess is that he is embarrassed by what this information might say about his behavior and doesn't want it released.  Because at this point this info could do very little to hurt his case. That damage has already been done when the videos were released with him talking about how he was going to pull off the attack.

This is probably it, the report probably contains incidents that Cruz and his lawyers probably doesn't want the public to hear about due to Cruz feeling personally embarrassed by them. Along with the cellphone videos, the school report might prove even more of how a cringey edgelord he was in school and still is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

The only thing I can guess is that he is embarrassed by what this information might say about his behavior and doesn't want it released.  Because at this point this info could do very little to hurt his case. That damage has already been done when the videos were released with him talking about how he was going to pull off the attack.

This is probably it, the report probably contains incidents that Cruz and his lawyers probably doesn't want the public to hear about due to Cruz feeling personally embarrassed by them. Along with the cellphone videos, the school report might prove even more of how a cringey edgelord he was in school and still is.  

I seriously doubt any info released in the future could be more cringe inducing then the "Pew, pew, pews" he did it that cell video! Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:22 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I understand that, but when you do a school shooting you should be aware that all kind of stuff about you will be released to the public. We know almost everything about Columbine, even things that are not related to the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I understand that, but when you do a school shooting you should be aware that all kind of stuff about you will be released to the public. We know almost everything about Columbine, even things that are not related to the shooting.

It might also offer us clues for better or worse.

We have a TON of Columbine stuff you are right. Some are kind of ironic, like Eric's Guns in School essay but also random things like a paper on Shakespeare...

I am interested in seeing whatever they release on Cruz.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 am

There were so many red flags with Cruz I think the public should be able to see it...

We got to see all of the diversion files from Coumbine.

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:39 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I seriously doubt any info released in the future could be more cringe inducing then the "Pew, pew, pews" he did it that cell video! Haha

Why am I the only one who liked those little "pew, pew, pews"? Haha I found it so funny how he genuinely was having fun doing those! Obviously when you know that he later did real "pew, pew, pews" it is less funny but still, it always makes me smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
There were so many red flags with Cruz I think the public should be able to see it...

I agree with that. The number of times Cruz was overlooked or merely allowed to fall through the cracks is beyond ridiculous. Evil or Very Mad

I want to know why and how SO many people knew about his behavior, knew he was struggling and yet couldn't or wouldn't intervene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

How is it in the US, can researchers see documents that are unreleased to the public? Because I think if experts could study all mass shooters documents they could indeed define a more global portrait of the perpetrators, and better indicates what those red flags are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

Why am I the only one who liked those little "pew, pew, pews"? Haha I found it so funny how he genuinely was having fun doing those! Obviously when you know that he later did real "pew, pew, pews" it is less funny but still, it always makes me smile.

Don't get me wrong,  I lose my shit every time I here those "Pew, pew, pews" too! Roll But I do feel awful for laughing at it though.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

We possibly have suffered the most now but there could some cringe inducing incidents in the report, maybe Nik is trying to save us by blocking the release since he kinda knows that everyone is laughing at with the cellphone videos.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Neah wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

How is it in the US, can researchers see documents that are unreleased to the public? Because I think if experts could study all mass shooters documents they could indeed define a more global portrait of the perpetrators, and better indicates what those red flags are.

I'm not really sure. Mostly it has been psychologists looking at unreleased info.

I'm 90% sure Dave Cullen fought to see the Basement Tapes for his book. He was a journalist, but not one of the journalists allowed to see them

That would have made his book different maybe.

"Dylan was a sweet religious boy who got sucked in by Evil Eric Harris... the heartless psychopath with no soul but a huge.. uh probably inappropriate. Anyway..." watched the basement tapes "what vile things Eric said, so disgusting" umm that was Dylan... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

We possibly have suffered the most now but there could some cringe inducing incidents  in the report, maybe Nik is trying to save us by blocking the release since he kinda knows that everyone is laughing at with the cellphone videos.

Releasing cringey and shameful documents about the shooters may in fact be the best prevention... much more effective than gun laws!

"Remember those cringey videos you made in your room thinking you looked badass? Remember that video where you danced on a video game? Remember that picture of you you took in your toilets? Those documents will be released to the public in you go on a rampage. So think twice before you kill people, or you will taste the shame!" Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report 1652950669
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report   Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruz's lawyers seek to block school district report
Page 1 of 1