Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff

Go down 
+6
exceptionella
DooMRebel
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
STK
Stoned Slacker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 57429
Forum Reputation : 15

'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Empty
PostSubject: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:27 pm

A suspect was apprehended following reports of shots fired and multiple fatalities in Annapolis, Maryland, Thursday afternoon outside the Capital Gazette newsroom, Anne Arundel Sheriff Ron Bateman told Fox News.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happened just now so little details
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:29 pm

According to WJLA, citing sources, a shotgun was involved in the incident
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:38 pm

4 DEAD 20 INJURED
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Huh, a newspaper office? Wonder if its's politic related.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Sam Hyde strikes again.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 pm

BREAKING: IMAGE OF CAPITAL GAZETTE SHOOTER RELEASED!! HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Is it that time already? I didn't think we'd have another large mass shooting for another month or two.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm

Hang on, I'm checking mediabiasfactcheck.com to determine whether or not the victims deserve to be in my thoughts and prayers.
/sarcasm and or joke

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Why are all these new shooters getting arrested? What happened to committing suicide after a shooting?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm guessing it was a disgruntled worker there that was fired.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Why are all these new shooters getting arrested? What happened to committing suicide after a shooting?
Well considering the shooting took place at a newspaper office, there's a possibility that this was a politically based shooting; if that is the case, the shooter may have surrendered so he could espouse his political views in the courtroom or become a maytr for the cause.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm

STK wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Well considering the shooting took place at a newspaper office, there's a possibility that this was a politically based shooting; if that is the case, the shooter may have surrendered so he could espouse his political views in the courtroom or become a maytr for the cause.
Kind of like Anders Breivik and Tim McVeigh.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62344
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Maybe they want to know their score

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

There are a lot of lesser known shootings who surrendered to the police or got caught. I don't have the statistics with me but it is apparently not uncommon.

STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:28 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

There are a lot of lesser known shootings who surrendered to the police or got caught. I don't have the statistics with me but it is apparently not uncommon.
The FBI's study of active shootings from 2000-2013 found that "40.0% of the shooters ultimately committed suicide". Langman's "On-Scene Behavior of School Shooters: The Resolution of Rampage Attacks" states:

"Suicide was the most frequent resolution of the attack, with 21 shooters (44%) ending their own lives, and one (Charles Whitman) being killed by police. Whitman’s writings made clear that he intended to die in the attack, and his death may be considered a case of “suicide by cop.” If he is counted as a suicide, then 46% of shooters died by suicide. The other resolutions involved the perpetrator surrendering to civilians (13%), surrendering to police (23%), being apprehended by civilians (15%), or being apprehended by police (8%)"

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Just heard on the briefing it's 5 dead now
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Stoned Slacker wrote:
Just heard on the briefing it's 5 dead now
Did they say how many were wounded? Did they say how many of those were critical?

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 pm

I don't think they said how many wounded but they said a new briefing is coming soon
Back to top Go down
exceptionella

Contribution Points : 79998

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm

An 'explosive device' was discovered at the office
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:59 pm

War on the media
Back to top Go down
exceptionella

Contribution Points : 79998

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 pm

It's now being reported that he has cut/deformed his fingertips so he can't be identified by his fingerprints
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Wow, first time I ever heard of a shooter taking such steps to prevent being identified.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 pm

STK wrote:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

The political climate right now is the worst ive ever seen it. Its enough to drive someone on that edge over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:15 pm

STK wrote:
Wow, first time I ever heard of a shooter taking such steps to prevent being identified.

Weird, apparently he still surrounded himself.

Lastly it has been very quiet, after the school shooting at Texas. It was actually good to have nothing new to talk about.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:37 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

The FBI's study of active shootings from 2000-2013 found that "40.0% of the shooters ultimately committed suicide". Langman's "On-Scene Behavior of School Shooters: The Resolution of Rampage Attacks" states:

"Suicide was the most frequent resolution of the attack, with 21 shooters (44%) ending their own lives, and one (Charles Whitman) being killed by police. Whitman’s writings made clear that he intended to die in the attack, and his death may be considered a case of “suicide by cop.” If he is counted as a suicide, then 46% of shooters died by suicide. The other resolutions involved the perpetrator surrendering to civilians (13%), surrendering to police (23%), being apprehended by civilians (15%), or being apprehended by police (8%)"

Wait a sec, those stats don't add up to 100%.

exceptionella wrote:
It's now being reported that he has cut/deformed his fingertips so he can't be identified by his fingerprints

Man that sounds extreme. It's like what the killer in the movie Se7en did.

STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
STK wrote:

The political climate right now is the worst ive ever seen it. Its enough to drive someone on that edge over.
Do you think its bad enough that we might be facing a 1930's Spain situation sometime in the near future? A second American civil war?

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 pm

STK wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:
STK wrote:

Do you think its bad enough that we might be facing a 1930's Spain situation sometime in the near future? A second American civil war?

I'd say it's more like a 1968 situation myself.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Has the shooter been named yet?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 58649

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Reported on Canadian news as "Another mass shooting" 5 confirmed dead. Unknown injured. Suspect in his 30"s in custody. Was known to newspaper- possibly employee who had made threats against the office before. He was not cooperating with authorities.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:05 pm

This is supposedly the guy

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Wonder how long it'll be before twitter deletes it.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Wonder how long it'll be before twitter deletes it.

Even if that's not the suspect that dude is looking at a warning, possibly a suspension.

W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 pm

[quote="W.A.R."]This is supposedly the guy

This is the guy behind the account

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It appears he had a long standing grievance with the paper due to an article they wrote about him in 2011. So it doesn't seem to be politically motivated as i feared.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:54 am

W.A.R. wrote:

It appears he had a long standing grievance with the paper due to an article they wrote about him in 2011. So it doesn't seem to be politically motivated as i feared.

Must have been one hell of an article for him to go ballistic, lol.

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 am

W.A.R. wrote:
STK wrote:

Sadly I agree. Shit is at a breaking point on almost everything. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:40 am

The Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland, put out a paper on Friday despite losing five of its staff members and having several others injured in a "targeted attack" by a gunman.

The Capital's front page remembered the victims of the shooting and offered a composed recollection of the events while memorializing the slain employees.

The Capital's staff reported on the shooting as it unfolded and seemed determined as ever to put out the paper.

Journalists are targeted by violence all over the world, with dozens already killed in 2018.

The Capital Gazette newspaper chain in Annapolis, Maryland, put out a paper on Friday, just as it would any other day, despite losing five of its staff members and having several others injured in a "targeted attack" by a gunman.

Employees at the Capital Gazette headquarters immediately began reporting on the details of their own crisis. Some employees tweeted for help and to detail the unfolding chaos. Some tweeted frightening details of witnessing the carnage.

But eventually the shooting ended, and authorities detained a suspect. Hours after the chaos unfolded, the Capital Gazette reporter Chase Cook announced there would be no slowing down the news organization: "I can tell you this: We are putting out a damn paper tomorrow," he tweeted.

On Friday, the front page of The Capital, one of the chain's newspapers, remembered the victims of the shooting and offered a composed recollection of the events while memorializing the slain staff members.

"This was a targeted attack on the Capital Gazette," Anne Arundel County's acting police chief, William Krampf, told reporters during a news conference hours after the shooting.

The Capital identified the suspect as Jarrod Ramos, who is believed to be 38 years old and a resident of the county.

A man with the same name brought a defamation lawsuit against Capital Gazette Communications in 2012 over an article in The Capital. That case was dismissed, and the judge's decision was upheld on appeal.

"We had a long history with this guy," ABC's Brad Mielke quoted a former publisher of the Capital Gazette as saying. "He was prone to making threats against me ... one of which was I 'would be better off dead.'"

Krampf on Thursday said threats to the newspaper "were sent over social media as recently as today."

Journalists often receive threats from the public in the line of work. At least 29 journalists have been killed this year around the world.

Back to top Go down
aperiogaming

Contribution Points : 57428

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:38 pm

That image puts his birth year as '79 but his age at time of arrest as 33.
79 would make him 3..8?

Edit: my bad, I didn't see the book date at 2013
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:22 pm

This is just a weird one. Now they are saying that he didn't try to damage his fingers in an effort to avoid leaving fingerprints. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

Those damn Millennials, disgracing another American tradition.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:03 am

Da Nooz outed him as a creepy incel stalker:

So he shot up Da Nooz.

It’s a good thing that Eric Harris got all those chicks ... can you imagine how much worse NBK would have been if he’d died a virgin?

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:13 am

Also, his father worked for the NSA.

So ... false flag, folks! They’re all crisis actors! They’re gonna start rounding up your guns any day now! They’re comin’ for your huge stockpile of ammo in your bunker in the woods!

Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 2:13 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Also, his father worked for the NSA.

So ... false flag, folks! They’re all crisis actors! They’re gonna start rounding up your guns any day now! They’re comin’ for your huge stockpile of ammo in your bunker in the woods!

Very Happy

HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT THE STORAGE IN THE WOODS, COMMIE FUCKERS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff    'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Multiple' fatalities after shots fired outside Maryland newsroom, sheriff
Page 1 of 1