Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Empty
PostSubject: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Do we know of mass murderers who killed their pets because they felt sympathy for them before going on their rampage? Or other killers but they would have less reasons to do so, except those who expected to be caught.

For the moment I only have Hitler (not a killer but it doesn't matter), even if it is not really because of sympathy, and Michael Kenneth McLendon who killed his 3 dogs but since he killed members of his family, I don't know if he did it because of anger or because he loved them.

Last edited by Neah on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86203
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Michael Ryan killed his dog (or dogs, since some people said he shot 2 of his dogs).
Andrew Kehoe burned his horses to death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:46 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Michael Ryan killed his dog (or dogs, since some people said he shot 2 of his dogs).

But did they do this because they loved them?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Neah wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the question properly.
Considering Ryan set his house on fire after, he probably did so they wouldn't suffer so that could possibly mean he did it because he loved them. Not sure about Andrew though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Neah wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

Considering Ryan set his house on fire after, he probably did so they wouldn't suffer so that could possibly mean he did it because he loved them. Not sure about Andrew though.

My fault, I was not sure my question was clear when I read your answer so I edited my original post. I had first written "out of sympathy", but in fact I don't think it is a correct way to say it.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120753
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Neah wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

I'm pretty sure Andrew was just a sadist; a while before his massacre he savagely beat one of his horses to death.

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92317
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Michael Kenneth McLendon killed his 3 dogs before burning down his house so he probably wanted to spare them the pain of being burnt.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Martin Peyerl shot his cat after killing 3 people and his sister back in 1999. not sure if it was out of love though
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73344
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 9:14 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

I'm pretty sure Andrew was just a sadist; a while before his massacre he savagely beat one of his horses to death.
I don't doubt he was a sadist, but I'm pretty sure he burned his horses for the same reason he meticulously destroyed the rest of his property: so no one else could have it

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 12:31 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Michael Kenneth McLendon killed his 3 dogs before burning down his house so he probably wanted to spare them the pain of being burnt.
OP already mentioned that.
Back to top Go down
EricsToastInTheCaf

Contribution Points : 56838
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 am

McLendon definitely did it out of love; he stated firmly in his suicide note that neither his mother nor the dogs suffered because he shot them while they slept.

Ryan might have killed his dog Blackie out of anger, but while holed up in the elementary school talking with police negotiators he repeatedly inquired about his mother and his dog, expressing remorse for both murders.

Contribution Points : 92317
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm

EricsToastInTheCaf wrote:
McLendon definitely did it out of love; he stated firmly in his suicide note that neither his mother nor the dogs suffered because he shot them while they slept.

Ryan might have killed his dog Blackie out of anger, but while holed up in the elementary school talking with police negotiators he repeatedly inquired about his mother and his dog, expressing remorse for both murders.
It was a Secondary School not an elementary one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 am

Weirdly I find no information about him in French so I have to trust Wikipedia on that one. French shooter Roger Girerd killed 10 members of his family. He wrote in his suicide note:

Quote :
I have enough. I have to do something. I don't want my children to have to live the way I have to. I want everyone to live in peace. ... I am leaving money for the funeral and to pay my debts.

He then killed his dog and himself, so I assume he killed his dog so that it lives in peace too and does not stay alone or be given to a bad person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them   Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass murderers who killed their pets because they loved them
Page 1 of 1