Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.

Go down 
+5
QuestionMark
DooMRebel
Screamingophelia
W.A.R.
Sabratha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the link to Nik's released confession. Transcribed from a video recording.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Here's the link to Nik's released confession. Transcribed from a video recording.

I should be writing right now but I have to read this.

I’m at the library too, so it just keeps getting weirder.... you know...

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:27 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
No

I think I’ll stop reading it until I get home. I’m going to get bad karma

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Thanks, I wish we could see the video too, at least to have an idea about whether or not he was honest about what he said. For example "I don't deserve it." about the water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Neah wrote:
Thanks, I wish we could see the video too, at least to have an idea about whether or not he was honest about what he said. For example "I don't deserve it." about the water.

I want the video as well. I'd like to see how he was behaving, what his mannerisms were, his tone of voice, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I want the video as well. I'd like to see how he was behaving, what his mannerisms were, his tone of voice, etc.

For the moment I'm only at page 8 so I don't know yet how his behavior evolved, but at least at the beginning he doesn't seem very confident since he talked very quietly and was not very talkative. I imagine him as Dylann Roof was, almost feeling stupid or shy in front of the policemen, but without the video or the sound it is hard to tell if he was not very talkative because he refused to co-operate or because he felt bad. Maybe even Cruz himself didin't really understand why he did what he did, so how could he explain to them? How could they understand?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:46 pm

I also would love to see the video too it would shed so much light on this.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 pm

He seemed to know nothing, don't know whether or not he wanted water, where he lived, where he was born, what was the name of his friend, the kind of phone he had, his phone number... I wonder if he refused to co-operate or if he was in shock and at the moment truly couldn't remember.

Cruz - "I can't remember anything."
Detective - "Okay. Well, I think you can remember, but we'll get into that as we get into --"
Cruz - "I'll try."

Last edited by Neah on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Neah wrote:
He seemed to know nothing, don't know whether or not he wanted water, where he lived, where he was born, what was the name of his friend... I wonder if he refused to co-operate or if he was in shock and at the moment truly couldn't remember.

I think he was likely in shock and also scared out of his mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
He seemed to know nothing, don't know whether or not he wanted water, where he lived, where he was born, what was the name of his friend... I wonder if he refused to co-operate or if he was in shock and at the moment truly couldn't remember.

I think he was likely in shock and also scared out of his mind.

Yeah, the mobile phone passage was very weird... Almost as if he was both scared of not remembering things and felt... I don't know, ashamed, told off, bullied again? by the policeman. But this may be only my interpretation.

"You're fine. You're not having any problems at the moment and you're perfectly fine. So calm your breathing down. All right? And I want to believe certain things that you're going to tell me but, you know, if we're getting to where you're going to hyperventilate over a phone number."
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 am

Wall of redacted text, looks like 1980s computer input cards almost.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 am

Sabratha wrote:
Wall of redacted text, looks like 1980s computer input cards almost.

Agreed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 am

The parts about him hearing voices talking to him is strange AF. He said they started after his dad died. Cruz watched him die from a heart attack when he was five. He said they got worse after his mom passed away. No
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:31 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The parts about him hearing voices talking to him is strange AF. He said they started after his dad died. Cruz watched him die from a heart attack when he was five. He said they got worse after his mom passed away. No

Well I guess we know what was wrong with him after all. 

Suddenly Zachary Cruz telling people Nick talked about demons makes a lot of sense. A disturbing amount of sense.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well I guess we know what was wrong with him after all. 

Suddenly Zachary Cruz telling people Nick talked about demons makes a lot of sense. A disturbing amount of sense.

Keep reading it's only getting worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 am

Too bad it is so heavily redacted. Come on, you cannot make our mouth water by letting "Oh fuck, dude. This is hard." in the middle of a completely redacted dialogue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:50 am

Neah wrote:
Too bad it is so heavily redacted. Come on, you cannot make our mouth water by letting "Oh fuck, dude. This is hard." in the middle of a completely redacted dialogue!

AGREED! I'm gritting my damn teeth every time I come to a fucking redaction! Mad
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 am

"Unless you want me to sit in your lap because you're talking so quietly you're gonna have to speak up" Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 am

W.A.R. wrote:
"Unless you want me to sit in your lap because you're talking so quietly you're gonna have to speak up" Haha

Yeah I thought that was a little weird too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Having skimmed the entire doc now, I must say the number of times Cruz is talking to himself out loud and the things he said is just very disturbing in general. No

Also not gonna fucking lie. When they bring Zack in and he is talking to Nik, telling him that he loves him then asked if he could hug him, I lost my shit. Sad The whole convo between Zack and Nik was truly heartbreaking.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Having skimmed the entire doc now, I must say the number of times Cruz is talking to himself out loud and the things he said is just very disturbing in general. No

Also not gonna fucking lie. When they bring Zack in and he is talking to Nik, telling him that he loves him then asked if he could hug him, I lost my shit. Sad  

I'm almost done and I find this doc so depressing and heart-breaking. Nikolas Cruz seemed to be in genuine pain and shock. I think the policeman was quite good, he sounded nice (I know it is his job but still, it may not be easy when you talk to a mass shooter). Imagine him having to stay calm and relaxed when Cruz said he heard a voice... "You don't see anybody sitting other there, do you? It's just me and you, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Also not gonna fucking lie. When they bring Zack in and he is talking to Nik, telling him that he loves him then asked if he could hug him, I lost my shit. Sad The whole convo between Zack and Nik was truly heartbreaking. 

I'm almost done and I find this doc so depressing and heart-breaking. Nikolas Cruz seemed to be in genuine pain and shock. I think the policeman was quite good, he sounded nice (I know it is his job but still, it may not be easy when you talk to a mass shooter). Imagine him having to stay calm and relaxed when Cruz said he heard a voice... "You don't see anybody sitting other there, do you? It's just me and you, right?"

Agreed. Even more depressing and heart wrenching knowing just how many fucking times this could have been avoided. Evil or Very Mad No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:20 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Agreed. Even more depressing and heart wrenching knowing just how many fucking times this could have been avoided. Evil or Very Mad No

Yeah, even the policeman seemed to be surprised about that, he always asked Cruz if he had seen a psychologist, a doctor, if he had told his family about his issues...

There is one detail that bothers me, I don't know if this has been discussed previously on this forum or not... In this interview, he talks about his ex-girlfriend Emily, and he says that she was the love of his life. And yet in his cellphone video he talks about a girl called Angie and says that his love for Angie "will never go away".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Hours after he shot and killed 17 people at a Parkland high school, Nikolas Cruz sat in a Broward Sheriff’s police interrogation room. He was not defiant. Instead, he cast himself as a pathetic failure beset by a “demon” in his head.

Cruz spoke so softly a homicide detective could barely hear him. Cruz said he did not “deserve” a bottle of cold water offered by police. When a detective left the room, Cruz muttered to himself: “Kill me. Just f***ing kill me” and “I want to die.” He repeatedly called himself “stupid” and “lonely” and told police his family “would make me feel bad.”

When asked about the “voice” in his head, Cruz claimed it was his “evil side.” Even though he admitted thinking his arsenal of guns looked “cool,” he blamed the voice for making him buy guns, ordering him to kill animals and even listening to “evil” music.

“What does it tell you to do?” Broward Detective John Curcio asked him, according to a transcript of Cruz’s police interrogation released Monday.

“Burn. Kill. Destroy,” he replied.

Curcio, a veteran and earnest police detective who built a quick rapport with Cruz over hours of questioning, wasn’t buying it. As the interview wound down, he repeatedly pressed Cruz on the supposed voice in his head.

“I think you’re using the demon as an excuse,” Curcio said.

“I’m not,” Cruz insisted. “I promise ... I don’t like the demon. I don’t like the demon.”

“That’s if the demon exists,” Curcio shot back.

“Can I get an attorney or something?” Cruz asked, with the request all but ending the interview — but long after he confessed in detail.

Cruz’s demeanor and claims of hearing a voice in his head were detailed in a transcript of his police interview released Monday, more than a week after a Broward judge ruled a redacted version of it could be unveiled to the public. The reasons for the redaction: Under Florida law, anything deemed “substance of a confession” can be shielded from the public until a trial or the case is closed.

That means Cruz’s detailed account to homicide detectives of the planning and execution of the worst school shooting in Florida history will still remain secret, for now. Much of the 217-page document was blacked out; prosecutors plan to release the corresponding and edited video of the statement on Tuesday.

The Broward Public Defenders Office, which represents Cruz, had asked a judge to restrict release of the entire document and video, saying it could still unfairly sway potential jurors at a trial that is likely years away. Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer, who reviewed the redactions, didn’t agree and ordered the interrogation released.

Defense lawyers did not appeal the ruling.

The release of the statement comes days after the Broward County Public Schools district released a redacted report on Cruz’s troubled years under district supervision. Most of the 70-page document, which detail Cruz’s educational career from pre-kindergarten to his final year in the school system, were supposed to be blacked out.

But because of a redacting error, first discovered by the Sun-Sentinel, the entire report was readable — and chronicled his stormy school life and two failures by educators to get him proper services.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Cruz for the Feb. 14 attack that killed 17 students and staffers and injured 17 more at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High. The Broward Public Defender’s Office has offered to have Cruz plead guilty in exchange for life in prison, not execution.

The horrific attack — one of many highly visible mass shootings in recent years across the nation — galvanized student activists and led to renewed criticism of U.S. gun laws.

Even though much of the transcript is redacted, the statement nevertheless offers many insights into Cruz’s state of mind leading up to the shooting. He told Curcio that he occasionally did drugs, including marijuana and Xanax . “A lot. No one knew about it,” he said.

He also described his failure with girls, his constant cutting of his own skin, his flunking a test to enter the armed services and that he tried killing himself about two months before the shooting. His method: Cruz swallowed a “bunch” of Advil, but he only got sick.

Cruz’s lawyer, Broward Public Defender Howard Finkelstein, said the statement revealed a deeply twisted person.

“Nikolas Cruz is the most severely damaged and broken human being that I have seen in 40 years of doing this work, and everybody knew it,” said Finkelstein, referring to the school employees, law enforcement officers and mental health professionals who came in contact with Cruz in the years leading up to the shooting. “This wasn’t someone shy in the corner and stewing in their own mental illness. Nikolas Cruz’s behavior was on everybody’s radar.”

Cruz’s attorneys could use the supposed voices in his head to claim he was not guilty by reason of insanity. But the strategy rarely plays well with jurors — Cruz would have to prove he did not know right from wrong, and the calculated manner of the massacre makes the insanity defense unlikely to succeed.

“Whether you use it or you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter,” Finkelstein said. “This case is about whether he lives or dies, not whether he goes free.”

Fred Guttenberg, whose 14-year-old daughter Jaime was killed in the attack, said Cruz deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law and that the snippets of his confession show the need for stronger gun-control laws.

“I feel no remorse or sympathy for what he has coming,” Guttenberg said, adding: “This is a person who had every red flag and he was able to legally purchase the gun he used to kill my daughter.”

Among other revelations in Cruz’s interview:

▪️ Cruz displayed a mastery of firearm terminology, said the AR-15 he used to gun down former classmates was “cool looking” and added he practiced by shooting inside his mother’s garage. His mother, Lynda Cruz, who died several months before the massacre, even took him to gun and sporting stores to buy the weapons, he said.

▪️ He also claimed the “voice” in his head led him to consider shooting up a park a week before the massacre.

“So why do you think you didn’t do it at the park? Detective Curcio asked him.

“Uh, f**k. I don’t know why,” Cruz replied.

▪️ Police allowed Cruz to have a heart-to-heart talk with his younger brother, Zachary Cruz, as Detective Curcio spoke. Nikolas Cruz made more admissions about the crime — details of which were redacted — and the two embraced several times in an emotional scene.

Zachary Cruz, clearly pained by his brother’s plight, implored him to not commit suicide and find God.

“I love you with all my heart,” Zachary Cruz said.

“I’m sorry. I love you,” said Nikolas Cruz, before falling back into despair. “I’m a failure, dude. There is no question about it.”

His brother replied: “No, you’re just lost.”

“Nikolas Cruz is the most severely damaged and broken human being that I have seen in 40 years of doing this work, and everybody knew it,” said Finkelstein, referring to the school employees, law enforcement officers and mental health professionals who came in contact with Cruz in the years leading up to the shooting. “This wasn’t someone shy in the corner and stewing in their own mental illness. Nikolas Cruz’s behavior was on everybody’s radar.”

This right here is the truest statement regarding this case I have read yet. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Hours after he shot and killed 17 people at a Parkland high school, Nikolas Cruz sat in a Broward Sheriff’s police interrogation room. He was not defiant. Instead, he cast himself as a pathetic failure beset by a “demon” in his head.

Cruz spoke so softly a homicide detective could barely hear him. Cruz said he did not “deserve” a bottle of cold water offered by police. When a detective left the room, Cruz muttered to himself: “Kill me. Just f***ing kill me” and “I want to die.” He repeatedly called himself “stupid” and “lonely” and told police his family “would make me feel bad.”

When asked about the “voice” in his head, Cruz claimed it was his “evil side.” Even though he admitted thinking his arsenal of guns looked “cool,” he blamed the voice for making him buy guns, ordering him to kill animals and even listening to “evil” music.

“What does it tell you to do?” Broward Detective John Curcio asked him, according to a transcript of Cruz’s police interrogation released Monday.

“Burn. Kill. Destroy,” he replied.

Curcio, a veteran and earnest police detective who built a quick rapport with Cruz over hours of questioning, wasn’t buying it. As the interview wound down, he repeatedly pressed Cruz on the supposed voice in his head.

“I think you’re using the demon as an excuse,” Curcio said.

“I’m not,” Cruz insisted. “I promise ... I don’t like the demon. I don’t like the demon.”

“That’s if the demon exists,” Curcio shot back.

“Can I get an attorney or something?” Cruz asked, with the request all but ending the interview — but long after he confessed in detail.

Cruz’s demeanor and claims of hearing a voice in his head were detailed in a transcript of his police interview released Monday, more than a week after a Broward judge ruled a redacted version of it could be unveiled to the public. The reasons for the redaction: Under Florida law, anything deemed “substance of a confession” can be shielded from the public until a trial or the case is closed.

That means Cruz’s detailed account to homicide detectives of the planning and execution of the worst school shooting in Florida history will still remain secret, for now. Much of the 217-page document was blacked out; prosecutors plan to release the corresponding and edited video of the statement on Tuesday.

The Broward Public Defenders Office, which represents Cruz, had asked a judge to restrict release of the entire document and video, saying it could still unfairly sway potential jurors at a trial that is likely years away. Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer, who reviewed the redactions, didn’t agree and ordered the interrogation released.

Defense lawyers did not appeal the ruling.

The release of the statement comes days after the Broward County Public Schools district released a redacted report on Cruz’s troubled years under district supervision. Most of the 70-page document, which detail Cruz’s educational career from pre-kindergarten to his final year in the school system, were supposed to be blacked out.

But because of a redacting error, first discovered by the Sun-Sentinel, the entire report was readable — and chronicled his stormy school life and two failures by educators to get him proper services.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Cruz for the Feb. 14 attack that killed 17 students and staffers and injured 17 more at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High. The Broward Public Defender’s Office has offered to have Cruz plead guilty in exchange for life in prison, not execution.

The horrific attack — one of many highly visible mass shootings in recent years across the nation — galvanized student activists and led to renewed criticism of U.S. gun laws.

Even though much of the transcript is redacted, the statement nevertheless offers many insights into Cruz’s state of mind leading up to the shooting. He told Curcio that he occasionally did drugs, including marijuana and Xanax . “A lot. No one knew about it,” he said.

He also described his failure with girls, his constant cutting of his own skin, his flunking a test to enter the armed services and that he tried killing himself about two months before the shooting. His method: Cruz swallowed a “bunch” of Advil, but he only got sick.

Cruz’s lawyer, Broward Public Defender Howard Finkelstein, said the statement revealed a deeply twisted person.

Cruz’s attorneys could use the supposed voices in his head to claim he was not guilty by reason of insanity. But the strategy rarely plays well with jurors — Cruz would have to prove he did not know right from wrong, and the calculated manner of the massacre makes the insanity defense unlikely to succeed.

“Whether you use it or you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter,” Finkelstein said. “This case is about whether he lives or dies, not whether he goes free.”

Fred Guttenberg, whose 14-year-old daughter Jaime was killed in the attack, said Cruz deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law and that the snippets of his confession show the need for stronger gun-control laws.

“I feel no remorse or sympathy for what he has coming,” Guttenberg said, adding: “This is a person who had every red flag and he was able to legally purchase the gun he used to kill my daughter.”

Among other revelations in Cruz’s interview:

▪️ Cruz displayed a mastery of firearm terminology, said the AR-15 he used to gun down former classmates was “cool looking” and added he practiced by shooting inside his mother’s garage. His mother, Lynda Cruz, who died several months before the massacre, even took him to gun and sporting stores to buy the weapons, he said.

▪️ He also claimed the “voice” in his head led him to consider shooting up a park a week before the massacre.

“So why do you think you didn’t do it at the park? Detective Curcio asked him.

“Uh, f**k. I don’t know why,” Cruz replied.

▪️ Police allowed Cruz to have a heart-to-heart talk with his younger brother, Zachary Cruz, as Detective Curcio spoke. Nikolas Cruz made more admissions about the crime — details of which were redacted — and the two embraced several times in an emotional scene.

Zachary Cruz, clearly pained by his brother’s plight, implored him to not commit suicide and find God.

“I love you with all my heart,” Zachary Cruz said.

“I’m sorry. I love you,” said Nikolas Cruz, before falling back into despair. “I’m a failure, dude. There is no question about it.”

His brother replied: “No, you’re just lost.”

This right here is the truest statement regarding this case I have read yet. Evil or Very Mad

And yet the only thing people still talk about is gun control...

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Yeah, even the policeman seemed to be surprised about that, he always asked Cruz if he had seen a psychologist, a doctor, if he had told his family about his issues...

There is one detail that bothers me, I don't know if this has been discussed previously on this forum or not... In this interview, he talks about his ex-girlfriend Emily, and he says that she was the love of his life. And yet in his cellphone video he talks about a girl called Angie and says that his love for Angie "will never go away".

I caught that too. From my understanding, Emily was his Ex and Angie was someone that he liked but never dated. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

EXACTLY! Lets not worry about the fact this kid was drowning right in front of their faces. Lets not talk about the fact he clearly and quite desperately needed help. Lets ONLY focus on the fucking weapon he used, as its way more important then trying to see where they fucked up. Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm

PARKLAND, Fla. (CBS12) — State prosecutors have released most of Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz's confession on Monday afternoon.

The confession was recorded just hours after he opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine's Day, killing 17 students and staff members.

The transcript is over 200 pages long and the video is expected to be released Tuesday.

Well it looks like the video will be released sometime today. Looking forward to seeing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

EXACTLY! Lets not worry about the fact this kid was drowning right in front of their faces. Lets not talk about the fact he clearly and quite desperately needed help. Lets ONLY focus on the fucking weapon he used, as its way more important then trying to see where they fucked up. Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad

I even think the whole debate should be less linked to mass shootings. Because after all, mass shootings are not that common, and it can be hard to prevent them for sure. People who suffer or have mental health issues however are much more common. Nikolas Cruz should have been helped, not because he could become a school shooter, but because he was in pain. I don't want some people to think: "Nah, he doesn't need help, he is depressed but he doesn't seem to be a danger for people so it's ok." I don't mean that mental health issues and mass shootings are not linked, because it's obvious that they are, but I think keeping in mind that one doesn't mean the other is important to better notice the signs of mental health issues and still, in the end, prevent some mass shootings.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62344
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Damn he had 3 shotguns, hi-point rifle, ak-47 and ar-15. Wonder why didnt he used a shotgun.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:03 pm

I don't know if Nikolas Cruz was lying or not about the demon. The policeman says several time that he doesn't believe it is real, that he thinks it is an excuse... Even when Cruz keeps saying "No no no no no..." when the detective says he doesn't believe him, is this because he is not understood, once more, or is it because his excuse strategy is a failure and he cannot fool the police?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Neah wrote:
I don't know if Nikolas Cruz was lying or not about the demon. The policeman says several time that he doesn't believe it is real, that he thinks it is an excuse... Even when Cruz keeps saying "No no no no no..." when the detective says he doesn't believe him, is this because he is not understood, once more, or is it because his excuse strategy is a failure and he cannot fool the police?

That is the main question isn't it? Whether Cruz was legit hearing voices, or if he is faking it. scratch Honestly at the given moment I'm not sure. Although he supposedly told his brother Zack about hearing voices a long time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:13 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

That is the main question isn't it? Whether Cruz was legit hearing voices, or if he is faking it. scratch Honestly at the given moment I'm not sure. Although he supposedly told his brother Zack about hearing voices a long time ago.

I don't even know if the detective knew for sure he was lying, or if he had doubts and was trying to push him into telling the truth or showing more signs that could tell if he was lying or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I don't even know if the detective knew for sure he was lying, or if he had doubts and was trying to push him into telling the truth or showing more signs that could tell if he was lying or not.

I think the detective was trying to get him to slip up, to admit that he was lying. etc. But then again it's his job to get the truth. SO if he thought Cruz was lying, then he would be coming down hard on the "the voices made me do it" aspect of Nik's story.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Damn he had 3 shotguns, hi-point rifle, ak-47 and ar-15. Wonder why didnt he used a shotgun.

He did mention that either himself or the alleged demon in his head thought that the AR looked cool.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:

He did mention that either himself or the alleged demon in his head thought that the AR looked cool.

Yeah the "demon" apparently also helped him pick his tunes. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:

Yeah the "demon" apparently also helped him pick his tunes. Twisted Evil

The demon's musical taste confused me. It was surprisingly quite good to hear, but probably in moderation!

Nikolas Cruz's sad song also surprised me, I didn't think he could like that style, but now I can imagine him feeling sad and lonely while listening to this song.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122925
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 am

What do guys think of Dectective Curcio?

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 am

Kerea2244 wrote:
What do guys think of Dectective Curcio?

So far into my reading (TBH, i just read in no order, just go to random pages and if i'm lost, i just go to where the topic is first discussed),I was surprised when the detective said shit, it didn't seem that professional to me. The applying as a detective when having C grades in school was interesting to me too. I thought him not knowing much about headphones and Nik having better grades than the detective made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:18 am

DooMRebel wrote:
Why didn't he bring the AK? Or one of the shotguns? I'm pretty sure he had a Maverick 88 shotgun (haven't read the confession so I don't know if he actually bought it) since he mentioned buying it on Instagram, and the Maverick is a high quality shotgun. Had all these guns and only used one. He should've just not bought them in the first place if he wasn't going to use them for the shooting.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 5:15 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Why didn't he bring the AK? Or one of the shotguns? I'm pretty sure he had a Maverick 88 shotgun (haven't read the confession so I don't know if he actually bought it) since he mentioned buying it on Instagram, and the Maverick is a high quality shotgun. Had all these guns and only used one. He should've just not bought them in the first place if he wasn't going to use them for the shooting.

Again, everything was bought because he thought it looked cool. No actual thought went into the weapon purchases.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
He should've just not bought them in the first place if he wasn't going to use them for the shooting.

I don't think he bought all the guns for the shooting, he even bought some of them before his mother died. Zach said when he saw Nikolas during the interview something along the lines: "I was not enough with you because I liked skating and you were only interested in guns."

So it seems that it was a real interest.

In the relationship, Zachary seems to be the big brother who failed to help his little brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Neah wrote:
In the relationship, Zachary seems to be the big brother who failed to help his little brother.

100% agreed. Zack does seem to be the most mature of the two, which isn't really saying much considering the trouble he got himself into following the attack. No
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 55650
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Is it possible Nik made up the voice? His brother mentions at the end that a Nik had told him about a demon before, but his attitude in the videos he made is psychopathic, not schizophrenic. What is the truth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

100% agreed. Zack does seem to be the most mature of the two, which isn't really saying much considering the trouble he got himself into following the attack. No

Maybe the attack also made him more mature, because even if Nikolas was maybe a little paranoid sometimes, both of them admitted that Zachary was not very kind with his brother. He did not seem to realize that Nikolas already felt bad, and he put him down and insulted him, which means that even with his own family Nikolas could not feel fully good and safe. It may be the reason why he now tries to raise awareness about bullying (I don't know how his project evolves btw).

Also the way he almost ignored Nikolas red-flags is not very mature I think (and yet so many adults did it too). His brother told him he heard a voice and Zachary did nothing.

Yet, Zachary was only 17 if I remember well, so he was still rather young to deal with all these issues, especially since nobody did. I was probably not more mature that he was when I was 17.

DanielGardner wrote:
Is it possible Nik made up the voice? His brother mentions at the end that a Nik had told him about a demon before, but his attitude in the videos he made is psychopathic, not schizophrenic. What is the truth?

This is what we all wonder. I believe Nikolas had told his brother before, but the policeman could also have explain it to Zachary before he saw his brother.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62344
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Im little bit confused. Did Nik planned the massacre or did his "voice" told him while he was fishing on the morning of Feb 14th that he needs to kill and he just went to get his ar15?

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Im little bit confused. Did Nik planned the massacre or did his "voice" told him while he was fishing on the morning of Feb 14th that he needs to kill and he just went to get his ar15?

In the doc is also says that the "voice" had tried to get him to go to a park and shoot people, but he didn't do it. There are a lot of confusing things in the confession.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:04 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:

In the doc is also says that the "voice" had tried to get him to go to a park and shoot people, but he didn't do it. There are a lot of confusing things in the confession.

Maybe things will become clearer once (if) we get a unredacted version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:

Maybe things will become clearer once (if) we get a unredacted version.

True.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.    Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nikolas Cruz's released Confession PDF doc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next