Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Victims and injuries?

Go down 
+2
Kerea2244
Unknown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 125900
Forum Reputation : 40

Victims and injuries? Empty
PostSubject: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Im really curious for what the injuries were for the victims at sandy hook. Does anyone have a resource or know? I already know about Nancy, lanza (the shooter) and noah poezner
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Contribution Points : 64126
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 11:07 am

I don't think any autopsy reports were released to the public, apart from Noah Pozner's through his father. They would be very helpful in determining the injuries.

Victoria Soto's sister told CNN that Soto's clothing had baseball-sized holes:

The interview:

I cannot confirm that this is true, but it might be possible since Adam used soft point ammunition.

Not much is publicly known about the injuries because of the heavy redaction of the CSP reports. I believe it is the state laws that prohibits release of such information.

This has led to many conspiracy theories.

May the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Devil wrote:
I don't think any autopsy reports were released to the public, apart from Noah Pozner's through his father. They would be very helpful in determining the injuries.

Victoria Soto's sister told CNN that Soto's clothing had baseball-sized holes:

The interview:

I cannot confirm that this is true, but it might be possible since Adam used soft point ammunition.

Not much is publicly known about the injuries because of the heavy redaction of the CSP reports. I believe it is the state laws that prohibits release of such information.

This has led to many conspiracy theories.

May the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting rest in peace.
Well thank you anyways. May those students and teachers rest in peace
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 72939
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 am

Im sure i read somewhere they all had headshots
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am

Smiggles94 wrote:
Im sure i read somewhere they all had headshots
yeah I did too
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 56534

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

idk lets ask Peter Sotos to write an article about it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Apparently Dawn Hochsprung and Mary Sherlach were both shot over 9 times as they laid on the ground after initially being felled by 1-3 shots (10-12 total).

Jesse Lewis was supposedly shot once through the forehead. The only child who was taken to the hospital (or was en route) died after sustaining a gunshot to the neck (no idea if there were any additional wounds). Dylan Hockley died from 5 gunshot wounds, according to his parents.

Other than that iirc every victim was shot between 3-13 times although I can't substantiate this beyond a few news articles claiming this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Figured I'd go ahead and post Noah Ponzer's injury report from his autopsy even though ik OP mentioned they'd seen it already (just in case anyone else hasn't seen it).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Apparently Dawn Hochsprung and Mary Sherlach were both shot over 9 times as they laid on the ground after initially being felled by 1-3 shots (10-12 total).

Jesse Lewis was supposedly shot once through the forehead. The only child who was taken to the hospital (or was en route) died after sustaining a gunshot to the neck (no idea if there were any additional wounds). Dylan Hockley died from 5 gunshot wounds, according to his parents.

Other than that iirc every victim was shot between 3-13 times although I can't substantiate this beyond a few news articles claiming this.
Omg that's a lot Sad why would lanza do that to innocent children and teacher. Cruel, just cruel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Personally I think he did it because he wanted to ensure that he didn't just shoot a lot of people but that he killed a lot of people. I'm sure after studying these types of events for so long he probably saw that the deadliest of shootings usually involve victims being shot multiple times. Such as V-tech, where like every person who died was shot at least 3 times with 30 out of 32 of the victims being shot at least once in head. Where as on the other hand you might have shootings like Thurston High where 25 people were shot but didn't die mostly due to the lack of gunshot wounds per victim and the caliber. Since a big factor in Lazna committing the shootings was getting a high amount of kills (evidenced by his scorecard record keeping of past shootings among other things imo) it makes sense that he went overkill on everyone, which is also why the killed to injured ratio was so high.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 4:52 pm

I actually heard somewhere that someone was killed with a wound to a neck. Idk if its actually true or not

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
I actually heard somewhere that someone was killed with a wound to a neck. Idk if its actually true or not

Given the amount of times each victim was shot and the high number of victims its almost certain that at least one person suffered a wound to the neck that would've been fatal in and of itself and would be absolutely fatal in conjunction with any other additional gunshot wounds they might've received.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Apperantly a witness had said they saw Soto with blood coming out of her mouth No

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Apperantly a witness had said they saw Soto with blood coming out of her mouth No

My bad but who is "Soto", like what is their first name. For some reason I don't recognize them as a fatal victim (maybe they were injured ?) or are you possibly referring to Victoria Soto from Sandy Hook.

Last edited by Mh_12rm_66 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes  I'm talking about Victoria Soto

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Yes  I'm talking about Victoria Soto

Oh shit my bad lol I thought this was the MSD thread on victims and injuries (since both shootings have a thread with the same/similar title) so I was confused. Sorry... anyways though; I wouldn't be surprised tbh. I think pretty much all of the victims probably had blood coming out of their mouth tbh since this is a pretty common feature with both head injuries and internal torso injuries (which pretty much every victim had undoubtedly). Out of curiosity; did you get this info from a news source or other 'official' source since if so I'd really appreciate if you could post the full thing since details on injuries for Sandy Hook are fairly rare/scant.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Here's a couple of sources:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:

Thanks
No probs
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 4:01 pm

I blurred out the name for privacy reasons

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
I blurred out the name for privacy reasons

Sounds like an exaggeration. I've only read that a child's lower jaw and another child's fingers were blown off.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Contribution Points : 64126
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't believe this at all. See this quote: "The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner sought to make positive identification of the victims through photos, school records and personal and clothing descriptions." - State’s Attorney report.

I could not find a source that supports the claim made by this person, that DNA was used to identify one female for the above mentioned reason.

DNA is also not mentioned in the final report as an identification method for any victim.

Does anyone know what this claim is based on? It seems made-up.

Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 60799
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 12:39 am

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Personally I think he did it because he wanted to ensure that he didn't just shoot a lot of people but that he killed a lot of people. I'm sure after studying these types of events for so long he probably saw that the deadliest of shootings usually involve victims being shot multiple times. Such as V-tech, where like every person who died was shot at least 3 times with 30 out of 32 of the victims being shot at least once in head. Where as on the other hand you might have shootings like Thurston High where 25 people were shot but didn't die mostly due to the lack of gunshot wounds per victim and the caliber. Since a big factor in Lazna committing the shootings was getting a high amount of kills (evidenced by his scorecard record keeping of past shootings among other things imo) it makes sense that he went overkill on everyone, which is also why the killed to injured ratio was so high.

There’s a special place in hell for him. Although I can have compassion for someone who deals with mental health issues, there is absolutely no reasoning or justification for shooting innocent little babies and the people responsible for keeping them safe.

With that being said I believe he went to Sandy Hook Elementary that morning because he wanted the least amount of resistance. Children of that age too face a lot of dependency from the adults in their lives; the chaos would mean they really wouldn’t know what to do, especially if their teacher is injured. There were legitimate rumors afterwards that Lanza considered the local high school. I believe that, it makes sense he would perhaps hold negative feelings against the school. He was small and scrawny when he died, so bigger football jock guys could have easily stopped him.

But why did he kill his mother?

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Olivia engel was the only child in room 10 without a head wound. Her name is never mentioned but she was the only child in room 10 to be taken by ambulance 

Source: Page 00019275 of Book 6 -Responder's Forensic Statements in  CPS documents

Lostboys

Contribution Points : 43881
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Yes  I'm talking about Victoria Soto

Here's a pleasant picture of poor Victoria
God rest her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victims and injuries?   Victims and injuries? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victims and injuries?
Page 1 of 1