Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Planning suicide?

Go down 
+5
wolfycannibalismparty
Koltin
6psicótico6orgulhoso6
Jollyhelpful
Kerea2244
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 125925
Forum Reputation : 40

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 4:18 pm

Did Cruz ever plan on killing himself after the shooting or did he just bail on it?
Back to top Go down

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 6:17 pm

From what I can conclude, he probably ditched the idea. However, he did attempt suicide before the shooting and was placed on suicide watch in jail.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 125925
Forum Reputation : 40

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 6:33 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:
From what I can conclude, he probably ditched the idea. However, he did attempt suicide before the shooting and was placed on suicide watch in jail.

oh yeah I do remember hearing that. One thing that is a little hypocritical is in the interrogation video, he was crying and saying "Kill me" when he could've just ended it all in the school or outside. Stupid move I guess
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 68394
Forum Reputation : 70

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 11:11 pm

If he wanted to kill himself, he would've done it at the school. The fact that he was apprehended at a secondary location, says to me that he did this for attention/fame, as opposed to long-term notoriety
Back to top Go down

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 2:38 am

Would it have been better for him if he shot more people and then became an hero?
Back to top Go down

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 5:36 am

I don't know if he really decided to commit suicide or not, because I don't think he mentioned that in the confession video. But to me the reason why he didn't kill himself is because of the excitation and adrenaline due to the shooting. I think he could have left the school, calmed down, eaten something, and then once he had clear thoughts again, kill himself in an isolated place. But instead he was arrested.
Back to top Go down
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Contribution Points : 47735
Forum Reputation : 0

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 2:20 pm

I heared that his gun supposedly jammed whilest he tried to shot trough the windows in the teachers lounge , due to it being the only gun he had with him on the scene that was probably the reason he scaped in the first place.
Must have been quite a shock since he was already 6 minutes in and the police was on the scene so he probably panicked and didnt take the time to unjamm it.
Back to top Go down

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm

6psicótico6orgulhoso6 wrote:

Must have been quite a shock since he was already 6 minutes in and the police was on the scene so he probably panicked and didnt take the time to unjamm it.

Would hav it been possible to unjam the gun without taking it to a repair shop ?
Back to top Go down
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 1:32 am

Columbine20 wrote:

Would hav it been possible to unjam the gun without taking it to a repair shop ?
Depends what kind of jamm it is and how deep the bullet is stuck , look at tarrant in his stream for example, His gun jammed on him there too the 3rd time he runs in and shoots and he managed to get it back working again after pulling the slide a few times and pushing it back out.
If it stucked really deep in the barrel for certain he would have been screwed either way.

"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 107073
Forum Reputation : 143

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Columbine20 wrote:

Depends what kind of jamm it is and how deep the bullet is stuck , look at tarrant in his stream for example, His gun jammed on him there too the 3rd time he runs in and shoots and he managed to get it back working again after pulling the slide a few times and pushing it back out.
If it stucked really deep in the barrel for certain he would have been screwed either way.
like 6psicótico6orgulhoso6 said a firearm can fail in number of ways. Though if it was a double feed or stovepipe (shell case rim gets caught) they would be relatively easy to fix but a squib (round that was too weak so bullet lodges) in barrel cannot be easily fixed without tools, there probably is someone better on this topic than me.

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Then again , you would think if commiting suicide would have been such an important part of his plan he would have just taken 2 weapons with him to the scene, its not like the AR15 was the only weapon he owned.

"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski
Back to top Go down
wolfycannibalismparty

wolfycannibalismparty

Contribution Points : 47933
Forum Reputation : 31

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Personally, I believe he could’ve planning suicide as his search history read “I want to die” but I believe the massacre was very poorly planned on his part as he only brought one weapon and it jammed. However, some of his actions after the shooting are very questionable and not what you’d expect someone who just killed a bunch of people and survived would do. (He escaped the school and went to a bunch of stores) and even had an interaction with a student who’s sibling had just been shot, asking him for a ride. And then after his capture and in his police interrogation he kept saying he wanted to die. I don’t know why he keeps being so damn persistent about that in the video, because at that point suicide clearly was no longer an option. But Nik himself is the only one who can answer that question, I could be miles off.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 am

wolfycannibalismparty wrote:
I don’t know why he keeps being so damn persistent about that in the video, because at that point suicide clearly was no longer an option.

He was upset over getting caught of course.

Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 55196
Forum Reputation : 157

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 am

He don't planning commit suicide. He had several guns, he take only one gun
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 58650
Forum Reputation : 83

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

I think he didn’t want to kill himself, but might’ve expected to be killed by police, and when it didn’t happen, he just decided to run out
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm

DanielGardner wrote:
I think he didn’t want to kill himself, but might’ve expected to be killed by police, and when it didn’t happen, he just decided to run out

I think he was planning on suicide by cop too. One of the comments he left on YouTube stated that he wanted to die fighting SWAT officers.

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 94242
Forum Reputation : 600

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Russianman wrote:
He don't planning commit suicide. He had several guns, he take only one gun
The reason he took one gun was because only one gun could fit in the guitar case he had. Also taking one gun doesn't mean he wasn't going to commit suicide.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planning suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning suicide?   Planning suicide? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning suicide?
Page 1 of 1