Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is it so dam interesting

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
Grant Lacy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grant Lacy

Grant Lacy

Contribution Points : 52525
Forum Reputation : 0

Why is it so dam interesting  Empty
PostSubject: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:04 am

I Just realised something, why are we so interested in the columbine shootings, I'm a big fan of true crime but nothing has ever peaked my interest like this has. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling like this? What makes it different from other mass shootings? Id love to know what you guys think tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 am

The real draw for me was the fact of two seemingly good kids, from good homes, good neighborhoods, etc. committing this horrible act.

Also the way JeffCO mishandled, bungled, hid and lied about certain parts of the case. The investigation is one of the main things that has kept my interest for SO long, along with all the conspiracy theories that surround the attack.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 am

Their friendship has always been really interesting to me. Also what Shadowed said about them just being normal kids.

Plus we’ve gotten such a strong look at not only E and D but also those they killed and there’s still so much we don’t know and I bet when the depositions are released we will have more to discuss.

For two kids who hated themselves so much and felt like nobodies they did leave a lasting impression...

Contribution Points : 52425
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 11:51 am

For me, so many of us adhere to social acceptability and massively limit ourselves in the process. This has become far worse with the rise of social media. People are increasingly clones of each other, operating to the narrowest of narrow interest groups, beauty standards, and ironically enough diversity of opinion.

Columbine had a toxic jock culture, where the likes of Dylan and Eric were not so much directly bullied as treated with irrelevance. Being dismissive of people, not taking what they are passionate about seriously, and creating a 'these people matter more' culture is as bad as any other psychological abuse, as it directly attacks your self esteem, which quickly leads to self loathing and hate.

Eric and Dylan went full We don't give a f*ck anymore, and everyone took notice. Their mindset on the day is fascinating to me.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Because I find it disturbing how much I can relate to Eric and Dylan.

Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60861
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Because I find it disturbing how much I can relate to Eric and Dylan.

This!
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76161
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm

It's a kind of perverse nostalgia...I was 16 when they happened....to me Columbine is a seminal *90s* event, tied into my own youth...that said I wish it had never happened. The mystery is not as important to me as being haunted by the event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so dam interesting    Why is it so dam interesting  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it so dam interesting
Page 1 of 1