Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting pic I came across

Go down 
+4
LPorter101
eli27
TaylorsMom
deathmedic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101899
Forum Reputation : 10

Interesting pic I came across Empty
PostSubject: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 3:13 pm

This popped up on my newsfeed and I thought it was an interesting pic, I wonder who the girl is, if she caught any shit for it ect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Most likely a Columbine student (although I'm sure you already speculated as much). I'd imagine she would have gotten into a lot of trouble if anyone from school saw it.

This brings into question what it must be like going to a school where several people were slaughtered. I'd imagine even years later there is a sort of eerie atmosphere that some students might not take all that seriously, as evident with this photo.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78067
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 pm

I agree, I couldn't imagine going to school there day after day knowing what happened there. It must be the weirdest, creepiest feeling. Maybe not?
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I bet nobody even thinks about it. Except maybe the students who are interested in that sorta thing anways.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:43 am

Yes I doubt they really do think of it. Most of them were just newborns when the shooting occurred. Doesn't mean they don't know it just probably doesn't really cross their minds much. It's just their school.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:04 am

Kolumbine kids klown around:

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:28 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
I agree, I couldn't imagine going to school there day after day knowing what happened there. It must be the weirdest, creepiest feeling. Maybe not?  

I'd say it would have to be the creepiest to kids who were in grades 9-12 when the shooting happened.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:32 am

LPorter101 wrote:

Ah, the good old days of being a freshman - so innocent and full of energy LOL
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 am

sororityalpha wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Ah, the good old days of being a freshman - so innocent and full of energy LOL

I was never that young.

Seriously ... when I was a freshman, I was about six feet tall and weighed about 300 pounds. My face was covered with huge zits, but my back was far worse - the zits were big-ass boils that spewed pus and blood all day long. I had to wear the biggest, thickest, ugliest glasses that my mother could find. Instead of a backpack, I lugged around one of those damn rolling suitcases that made me look like a dork. But there were folks who thought I was a senior - I didn't have that "fresh" look at all. I wasn't bullied, though - who was going to shove me into a locker? There were a few kids who said mean things, but most folks didn't have anything to do with me. I was a hulking, friendless, sexless nerd.

But anyway ... here's more proof that the kids who go there now don't give a shit about the fact that 15 people died in that building:

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 am

I guess it's good that they don't let the tragedy keep them from having the fun, high school experience kids should get. I'd also like to think that the atmosphere around the school changed after the shooting. I've always believed that the thing about bullying and putting jocks and athletes above the rest of the student body was true, although I've heard others argue that wasn't the case.

I also kind of feel like Principal Frank DeAngelis is an asshole.

Last edited by OffthechainJoehovah on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:10 pm

OffthechainJoehovah wrote:
I'd also like to think that the atmosphere around the school changed after the shooting. I've always believes that the thing about bullying and putting jocks and athletes above the rest of the student body was true, although I've heard others argue that wasn't the case.

The extent of the bullying received by Eric and Dylan is debatable, but jocks and athletes were definitely prioritised and allowed to basically run the school. As for changes after Columbine, I think not so much.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:44 pm

I guess it's good that they don't let the tragedy keep them from having the fun, high school experience kids should get. I'd also like to think that the atmosphere around the school changed after the shooting. I've always believes that the thing about bullying and putting jocks and athletes above the rest of the student body was true, although I've heard others argue that wasn't the case.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
A guy who says he's a senior at CHS has this to say about the social atmosphere at the school:

idk exactly what it was like back then. There's still jocks, lots and lots of jocks.

We have 2 cops there all day, 4 deans and 3 security guys. [DeAngelis] didn't do shit for bullying, neither does the new principal. although nobody is shoving anyone into lockers or anything there is still a vibe that is given off that makes kids who aren't involved in school sports feel sort of left out.

There isn't really any physical bullying. Jocks like to team up and make fun of a kid in the class sometimes, they think they're being sneaky about it but they aren't. You can talk about Columbine in a tragic sorta way but you probably can't make jokes around the teachers that were there or the students that are now teachers that were there. We don't have school on 4/20 and only one of my teachers ever talked about the shooting. As for incident reporting, if u snitch you're considered a bitch. I don't care if Columbine is used as a verb, i wasn't there.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:03 pm

nice pic

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
I guess it's good that they don't let the tragedy keep them from having the fun, high school experience kids should get. I'd also like to think that the atmosphere around the school changed after the shooting. I've always believes that the thing about bullying and putting jocks and athletes above the rest of the student body was true, although I've heard others argue that wasn't the case.

Quote :
A guy who says he's a senior at CHS has this to say about the social atmosphere at the school:

idk exactly what it was like back then. There's still jocks, lots and lots of jocks.

We have 2 cops there all day, 4 deans and 3 security guys. [DeAngelis] didn't do shit for bullying, neither does the new principal. although nobody is shoving anyone into lockers or anything there is still a vibe that is given off that makes kids who aren't involved in school sports feel sort of left out.

There isn't really any physical bullying. Jocks like to team up and make fun of a kid in the class sometimes, they think they're being sneaky about it but they aren't. You can talk about Columbine in a tragic sorta way but you probably can't make jokes around the teachers that were there or the students that are now teachers that were there. We don't have school on 4/20 and only one of my teachers ever talked about the shooting. As for incident reporting, if u snitch you're considered a bitch. I don't care if Columbine is used as a verb, i wasn't there.

I feel rather cynical now.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Quote :

I feel rather cynical now.

There will always be assholes who think that their shit doesn't stink. And there will always be enablers and hangers-on who tell them that it doesn't.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Wait they don't have school on 4/20 anymore or did I read that wrong?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 pm

slippy123 wrote:

You read it right. The kids get that day off, at least in some years.

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76897
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:47 pm

slippy123 wrote:

Yeah its called Rebel day or something like that I read somewhere.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 am

FlyerFan wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Yeah its called Rebel day or something like that I read somewhere.

To me that would bring more attention to it, instead of it being like every other day.
I'm sure the kids love the free day off though!
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 am

So true, any day off from school was always good !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:02 am

The potheads probably have a blast.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76897
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I mean I guess its kind of nice to have the day off for remembrance and reflection, but the kids who go there today probably aren't even affected by it at all, I think its more of a respect thing for the victims.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 am

Apparently before they decided to make April 20 a school-free day, half of the student body weren't showing up anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:29 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Apparently before they decided to make April 20 a school-free day, half of the student body weren't showing up anyway.

Potheads lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting pic I came across   Interesting pic I came across Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting pic I came across
Page 1 of 1