Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Empty
PostSubject: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 am

The event that made him realise he's an outcast:

(10 years old) He said at this age he found himself to be a nomad, moving from group to group, failing to fit in with any of them.

The event that first made him hate jocks (when he was younger he referred to them as the "cool kids"):

(11 years old) When he noticed how confident and aggressive the cool kids were in middle school. "They all seemed so confident and aggressive. I felt so intimidated by them, and I hated them for it. I hated them so much,"

The event that first made him hate girls:

(13 years old) a group of popular Seventh Grade girls started teasing me, which hurt a lot. One of these girls was Monette Moio, a pretty blonde girl who was Ashton’s younger sister. She must have thought I was an ultimate loser. I hated her so much, and I will never forget her. I started to hate all girls because of this. I saw them as mean, cruel, and heartless creatures that took pleasure from my suffering.

The event that first made him think he's "starved" of sex and love:

(14 years old) As soon as he developed a high sex drive he automatically assumed he'll never have sex. "Even at that young age, I felt depressed because I wanted sex, yet I felt unworthy of it. I didn’t think I was ever going to experience sex in reality, and I was right."

The event that made him racist:
(19 years old) When Chance (an african american boy) talked about losing his virginity at thirteen to a blonde girl. Elliot thought to himself "How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more" ... "if this ugly black filth was able to have sex with a blonde white girl at the age of thirteen while I’ve had to suffer virginity all my life, then this just proves how ridiculous the female gender is."

The event that formed the day of Retribution:

(21 years old) Elliot getting pushed off a balcony, breaking his leg, then getting beaten up in front of a huge party.

Last edited by eyutytuheu on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 6:32 am

You forgot his Parents getting divorced and his father meeting Soumaya.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

Neither motivated him for the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 am

eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Um yes it did.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Um yes it did.

How?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 am

Last edited by eyutytuheu on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 am

I'm actually still writing so shut up.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 am

eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Um yes it did.

How?
His parents getting divorced made him realise the world wasn't so pure and innocent, his father meeting Soumaya meant he saw his father as someone who could easily get a girlfriend and he got very angry when he couldn't. He also blamed Soumaya for stealing his father away from him and he actually planned to kill her the day before his shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:35 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
His parents getting divorced made him realise the world wasn't so pure and innocent, his father meeting Soumaya meant he saw his father as someone who could easily get a girlfriend and he got very angry when he couldn't. He also blamed Soumaya for stealing his father away from him and he actually planned to kill her the day before his shooting.

Those were things that scarred him. But the reasons for the shooting were at least 5 out of the 6 things I stated. All of them except maybe him looking down on other races were things that fuelled him. He discovered bigger things that made him realise the world wasn't so pure and innocent. Soumaya coming along eventually put salt on the wound because of his anger towards her. He wanted to kill her before the shooting, but think about who he wanted the main targets to be and what they did to him in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

This is a good way of working out major events on the road towards the shooting. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 am

What about the event that made him decide that there was no going back? I don't want to explain it all so I'll just make it as short as possible. He decides to go to a party to lose his virginity, he drinks alcohol beforehand to get the courage to go there, he goes to the party drunk and gets angry due to making no progress and due to seeing an Asian man he considers ugly talking to a white girl. He acts rudely towards the 2 and insults the Asian before going to a wooden ledge. Some others then went onto the ledge and Elliot starts insulting them, they insult him back and he tries to push them off however he fails and they push him off, breaking his leg. He realised he lost his Gucci sunglasses and tries to go back to the party but ends up at a different party, and is insulted and badly beaten. When he tried to get home, no one helped him except for one group of people who helped him but that was it. When he got home he realised a golden necklace that was very valuable and meant very much to him had been stolen.
TLDR: He broke his leg, got stolen from and badly beaten up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
What about the event that made him decide that there was no going back? I don't want to explain it all so I'll just make it as short as possible. He decides to go to a party to lose his virginity, he drinks alcohol beforehand to get the courage to go there, he goes to the party drunk and gets angry due to making no progress and due to seeing an Asian man he considers ugly talking to a white girl. He acts rudely towards the 2 and insults the Asian before going to a wooden ledge. Some others then went onto the ledge and Elliot starts insulting them, they insult him back and he tries to push them off however he fails and they push him off, breaking his leg. He realised he lost his Gucci sunglasses and tries to go back to the party but ends up at a different party, and is insulted and badly beaten. When he tried to get home, no one helped him except for one group of people who helped him but that was it. When he got home he realised a golden necklace that was very valuable and meant very much to him had been stolen.
Damn, never thought I'd actually feel bad for Elliot Rodger of all people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:

Honestly he instigated everything that happened to him in this instance.  His anger and lashing out at the Asian guy likely killed any chance he might have had with any female there. Simply because he had already established himself as an asshole. Then he continues to make an even bigger ass of himself by insulting and trying to shove people off a ledge.  Shocked

BUT he gets treated the same way he was treating others, and it ended with him getting a broken leg.  Also I think it safe to assume that he was probably being a dick at the other party and this ended up with him getting beaten.  One question though, how the hell did he mange going to another party with a broken leg? scratch

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 11:55 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

Honestly he instigated everything that happened to him in this instance.  His anger and lashing out at the Asian guy likely killed any chance he might have had with any female there. Simply because he had already established himself as an asshole. Then he continues to make an even bigger ass of himself by insulting and trying to shove people off a ledge.  Shocked

BUT he gets treated the same way he was treating others, and it ended with him getting a broken leg.  Also I think it safe to assume that he was probably being a dick at the other party and this ended up with him getting beaten.  One question though, how the hell did he mange going to another party with a broken leg? scratch

I don't think he was acting like that at the other party, he'd usually admit it when he insulted someone however he only mentioned demanding to know who took his glasses, and say they "greeted me with vicious hostility".
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 84198
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm

I think the main event was being 22 and still virgin, it was unfair for poor elliot, he was well groomed and he tried too dress well. 22 and virgin=injustice most people lose their virginity at 18 while elliot had to be virgin for 4 extra years than the average person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 am

He never made any attempt to ask someone out, although i deserve a medal for my attempt at The Seahorse last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 1:15 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:
The event that made him realise he's an outcast:

(10 years old) He said at this age he found himself to be a nomad, moving from group to group, failing to fit in with any of them.

Sounds like some mount and blade shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
He never made any attempt to ask someone out, although i deserve a medal for my attempt at The Seahorse last year.

At least you are actively trying.

Elliot did nothing to change his situation besides bemoan the fact that for some reason NO female wanted him. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52059
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Um yes it did.

How?
I suspect that the divorce was critical for the whole thing to happen. It was a massive betrayal of trust and destabilized his life. It could be the main reason for  his problems with girls. Divorce is one of officially recognized Adverse Childhood Experiences. Since the main relationship of his life - the one who was supposed to provide with home ended up this way, he could have serious problems with initiating his own relationships. I think his passivity towards girls could be related to a need of extra reassurance due to the trauma of his family falling apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 5:24 pm

James411 wrote:
I think the main event was being 22 and still virgin, it was unfair for poor elliot, he was well groomed and he tried too dress well. 22 and virgin=injustice most people lose their virginity at 18 while elliot had to be virgin for 4 extra years than the average person.

Some people are virgins at 25, like Chris Harper Mercer and Alek Minassian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting   Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Notable events in ER's manifesto that fuelled him for the shooting
Page 1 of 1