Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?

Go down 
+3
MarmaladeSkies
areyoulistening
mrc123
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97792
Forum Reputation : 0

do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Empty
PostSubject: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:01 am

Do you ever wonder if you come across people peripherally connected to the Columbine tragedy? I am a nurse in the NW and had a patient by the last name of Foss from Colorado that had male family members that would have been the right age. I was DYING to ask this person if they were related to Nick or what was his brother's name? The twins. Is it Adam Foss? I just chickened out. I thought she might report me to my manager for being morbidly weird, but I really think I took care of the Foss twins relative.
Back to top Go down

do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:10 am

One of the users here is a former Columbine student, but she didnt write much in the last months: Yumeko-Chan. She was in the library at the time of the massacre.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101947

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 am

Funny you should mention it I seem to be plagued by it everywhere that I go!

I saw Mr and Mrs Klebold almost a year ago. We were in the same coffee place.

I was in contact with Mr Mauser about an assignment that I had to do for college. He and his wife (I think it was his wife?) then happened to be on my flight home from America in July, sitting in the row in front of me.

Daniel R's uncle is a lecturer of mine on Tuesdays.

My mam likes to think that it may come up somewhere in my future that's why I keep running into people, but I sure hope not.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101516

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:30 am

areyoulistening wrote:

I was in contact with Mr Mauser about an assignment that I had to do for college. He and his wife (I think it was his wife?) then happened to be on my flight home from America in July, sitting in the row in front of me.

My mam likes to think that it may come up somewhere in my future that's why I keep running into people, but I sure hope not.
Can you go into the backstory on these?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 am

MarmaladeSkies wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:

Sure, but it's honestly not that exciting.

Mr and Mrs Klebold: I saw last them March (I think..) It was around St Paddy's Day and Ireland was hosting a culture week and people from all over the world came. I saw them when I went for coffee with my friend. Nothing special, they were just sitting and talking taking a rest from shopping I assume? I didn't speak to them. I didn't even want to look at them too long in case they figured out that I knew who they were.

Mr Mauser: For a college assignment last year I had to write a paper on someone who's lost a kid. You know, ask them questions and things like that. I decided to write my paper about Daniel, considering it was a special case I might get a better grade (I did.) So I emailed Mr Mauser and didn't expect a reply. He did and we transferred emails for a couple of weeks. I sent him my finished paper (which he liked) and I forgot about it.

I spent my Summer in America and on my way home, I was sitting in the airport as you do waiting at my gate when a group of people showed up and I kept looking at this man thinking that he looked extremely familiar. Someone called "Hey Tom!" and he turned around and I figured who it was. Once again, I never talked to him. He was going on holiday with a massive group of people, what exactly do you say in that situation? One thing I noticed was in all of the 3 hours we spent at the gate, he never sat down. He paced the whole time (don't know what that has to do with anything, it was just an observation that I made.)

Got on the plane and had a mini "this is weird" moment to myself when Mr Mauser (and I think his wife but I don't know for sure.) found their seats in the row in front of me. It was the middle section so I was on the last seat on the right and he was last seat on the left, if that makes sense?So I spent most of the time between "what!?" laughing and looking at the top of his head. Once again not that exciting.

Daniel R's Uncle: One of my classes is we're split into small groups and a lecturer will take a certain small group. One our first day we had to introduce ourselves all that stuff and talk about one or two things that has shaped our view of the world and how we see things. Daniels death was his thing, that and his son dying 3 years ago. Yes, he knows about my interest I wrote about it in my portfolio last year which he's read (I was first up so I couldn't get rid of it.. how's that for shitty?) We had a conversation about it, nothing life changing. Not going to get into that one, his privacy and all that.

Hope that's a little clearer! I'm sorry they're not more exciting or what you hoped for?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102512
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:27 am

areyoulistening wrote:
MarmaladeSkies wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:

Sure, but it's honestly not that exciting.

Mr and Mrs Klebold: I saw last them March (I think..) It was around St Paddy's Day and Ireland was hosting a culture week and people from all over the world came. I saw them when I went for coffee with my friend. Nothing special, they were just sitting and talking taking a rest from shopping I assume? I didn't speak to them. I didn't even want to look at them too long in case they figured out that I knew who they were.

Mr Mauser: For a college assignment last year I had to write a paper on someone who's lost a kid. You know, ask them questions and things like that. I decided to write my paper about Daniel, considering it was a special case I might get a better grade (I did.) So I emailed Mr Mauser and didn't expect a reply. He did and we transferred emails for a couple of weeks. I sent him my finished paper (which he liked) and I forgot about it.

I spent my Summer in America and on my way home, I was sitting in the airport as you do waiting at my gate when a group of people showed up and I kept looking at this man thinking that he looked extremely familiar. Someone called "Hey Tom!" and he turned around and I figured who it was. Once again, I never talked to him. He was going on holiday with a massive group of people, what exactly do you say in that situation? One thing I noticed was in all of the 3 hours we spent at the gate, he never sat down. He paced the whole time (don't know what that has to do with anything, it was just an observation that I made.)

Got on the plane and had a mini "this is weird" moment to myself when Mr Mauser (and I think his wife but I don't know for sure.) found their seats in the row in front of me. It was the middle section so I was on the last seat on the right and he was last seat on the left, if that makes sense?So I spent most of the time between "what!?" laughing and looking at the top of his head. Once again not that exciting.

Daniel R's Uncle: One of my classes is we're split into small groups and a lecturer will take a certain small group. One our first day we had to introduce ourselves all that stuff and talk about one or two things that has shaped our view of the world and how we see things. Daniels death was his thing, that and his son dying 3 years ago. Yes, he knows about my interest I wrote about it in my portfolio last year which he's read (I was first up so I couldn't get rid of it.. how's that for shitty?) We had a conversation about it, nothing life changing. Not going to get into that one, his privacy and all that.

Hope that's a little clearer! I'm sorry they're not more exciting or what you hoped for?
That's very interesting areyoulistening. I found it particularly interesting that you saw Mr and Mrs Klebold in Ireland.
When i was at university I had a psychology lecture with a guy who was from Ireland and he was writing his final paper on something to do with Crime (i don't think it was specifically school shootings but he did focus on this topic quite a bit) Anyway somehow one day we got onto the topic of Columbine and i found out he shared my interest. I shared some of the info I had researched with him and one day he just randomly mentioned that he had seen Mr and Mrs Klebold once when he had been back home in Ireland. He said he was 100% certain it was them and said they were sat in a cafe. He didn't approach or speak to them but he did say he was sat nearby. I'm not sure of the exact time period but this would have been at least 3/4 years ago. So i wondered if this may be a place they regularly visit when going abroad, perhaps it is.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:09 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

That's very interesting areyoulistening. I found it particularly interesting that you saw Mr and Mrs Klebold in Ireland.
When i was at university I had a psychology lecture with a guy who was from Ireland and he was writing his final paper on something to do with Crime (i don't think it was specifically school shootings but he did focus on this topic quite a bit) Anyway somehow one day we got onto the topic of Columbine and i found out he shared my interest. I shared some of the info I had researched with him and one day he just randomly mentioned that he had seen Mr and Mrs Klebold once when he had been back home in Ireland. He said he was 100% certain it was them and said they were sat in a cafe. He didn't approach or speak to them but he did say he was sat nearby. I'm not sure of the exact time period but this would have been at least 3/4 years ago. So i wondered if this may be a place they regularly visit when going abroad, perhaps it is.
Really? It must be a semi-regular thing then. I hope nobody bothers them here. We tend to leave celebrities alone I hope the same curtsey extends to them.

Contribution Points : 105490
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm still here, kinda.
Back to top Go down
mrc123

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:13 pm

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say, thank you Yumeko for all you have contributed to this forum. I hope you will continue to check in when you can and continue give us insight. I am so glad you survived and hope you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105490
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:16 pm

I wish I could say I'm doing well T_T Life has not been kind to me recently. I got fired from my job after thirteen years of loyal and dedicated work, for something that wasn't even my doing (but which I was considered complacent in). Found a new job but it's only part-time and doesn't pay as well. Hours have been cut since Christmas as well, so it's gonna be hard to pay the bills.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102278

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:
I wish I could say I'm doing well T_T  Life has not been kind to me recently.  I got fired from my job after thirteen years of loyal and dedicated work, for something that wasn't even my doing (but which I was considered complacent in).  Found a new job but it's only part-time and doesn't pay as well.  Hours have been cut since Christmas as well, so it's gonna be hard to pay the bills.

Don't worry, I lose my jobs all the time. I got a decent job now paying $20 an hour, but it probably won't last. I hate the work so it wouldn't bother me, I still want to go back to school.

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 pm

One of my pastors at church has a friend whose brother was there
Back to top Go down
mrc123

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Amanda. I have lost 2 jobs in 2013. Pretty sucky year. I hope you keep on keeping on. I know I have found a lot of comfort from this forum. We are here for you and are hoping for good things to come to you. After all that you've been through, you deserve a break.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?   do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do you ever randomly come in contact with those from the Columbine community?
Page 1 of 1