Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could of gotten worse?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 68669
Forum Reputation : 248

Could of gotten worse?  Empty
PostSubject: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 am

During the shooting, Cruz broke into the faculty room on the 3rd floor and attempted to shoot through the window, which the bullets were unable to penetrate the hurricane resistant glass. Reports suggest that if he did break through it, it would of resulted in more deaths. However, looking at the surveillance video that was released by police, which shows the parking lot/walkway near the freshmen building, it appears that no students were near there when Cruz tried shooting through the glass. Even looking at the student parking lot camera, it doesn't show any students anywhere near where they could of been shot. I could see him shooting at passing cars on the road, but if you look at the aerial video after the shooting, you see that he tried to break through only window that wasn't facing the road.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If Cruz did manage to break through the window, what was he even gonna do after that? Shoot at police when they arrive? Stop shooting and then patiently wait for someone to run out?
That's why I want to hear your thoughts. Would the shooting result in a higher death count if Cruz broke through the window?

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 am

I think it likely he was planning on using it as a vantage point to shoot at fleeing kids or even arriving officers. But when he wasn't able to break the glass he ditched and blended in with kids being evacuated.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

Contribution Points : 58904
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am

I agree with ShadowedGoddess, I think he was trying to shoot at fleeing students or first responders.
But who knows what went on in his mind at that time. I wonder if he even knew what he was doing at that point, the whole shooting seemed pretty chaotic to me.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 88103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

He could've set off the fire alarm and waited for the kids to walk out of the school.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 68669
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
He could've set off the fire alarm and waited for the kids to walk out of the school.

The fire alarm already went off due to the smoke from him firing his rifle. Also, when the kids went outside, they were directed by teachers to come back inside after realizing that there is shooting. I highly doubt they will come back out if he did pulled it.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 pm

rebootoX wrote:
I wonder if he even knew what he was doing at that point, the whole shooting seemed pretty chaotic to me.

I'm inclined to believe he was acting on pure instinct once the shooting started. Why else would he make a confession video on his phone, then attempt to flee the crime scene instead of waiting for police to arrest him right then and there?

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 pm

He probably could've gotten a few people if he broke the window but I don't think it would've been a ton given that, by the time he reached the 3rd floor, it had already been several minutes already (police arrived in less than 5 minutes). It's worth noting tho that in one the videos he made before the shooting he said he was gonna "get to the school walk up the stairs, unload his bag and shoot people down in the courtyard", which sounds somewhat similar to if he shot from an elevated position on the third floor so a sniperish style of shooting might've been part of his plan originally although evidently he was unable to do that cuz of the windows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 am

School Massacre Archives wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

The fire alarm already went off due to the smoke from him firing his rifle. Also, when the kids went outside, they were directed by teachers to come back inside after realizing that there is shooting. I highly doubt they will come back out if he did pulled it.

Cruz pulled the alarm before he started shooting ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could of gotten worse?    Could of gotten worse?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could of gotten worse?
Page 1 of 1