Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Savage stopped the killing?

Go down 
+2
Kerea2244
NickValentine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NickValentine

Contribution Points : 53078
Forum Reputation : 0

John Savage stopped the killing? Empty
PostSubject: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Do you think interaction between Eric, Dylan and John in the library was one of the reasons they stopped killing.

I feel as though up until that point even while taking potshots underneath the desks, They still managed to keep things rather impersonal at least in regards to people then knew.

I'm thinking there was a reason why Eric asked who was under the table as this instance was the only time he did so at least to my knowledge. After the exchange they only shot 4 more people of which each gunman only killed 1 person (Mauser & DePooter) All within the same area.

What are your thoughts, and sorry for the spaming of threads theres just alot i've wondered about this whole event.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123625
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Ive heard some people say Evan Todd stop the shooting. Other than that, it will never be known what stopped it. I would like to say either john savage stopped it or they wanted to go somewhere else

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

The only one to stop the killing was Eric and Dylan. They had killed and roamed those halls unchallenged. They could have continued killing in the library, they walked past other classrooms and saw people inside and just passed on by. No, they chose to stop for whatever reason.  In my opinion I feel they were just done.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 pm

I don’t know I think they liked John more than Evan . So if I had to choose I would say John or they were coming back down from their adrenaline high.

I say they stooodd because they wanted to and they wanted to see if the bombs would go off and when they didn’t they were done

Contribution Points : 91006
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Ive heard some people say Evan Todd stop the shooting. Other than that, it will never be known what stopped it. I would like to say either john savage stopped it or they wanted to go somewhere else
The only thing Evan Todd would stop is people getting his food from the Golden Corral Buffet.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123625
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:
The only thing Evan Todd would stop is people getting his food from the Golden Corral Buffet.
lol! Roll
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 am

I've wondered if they asked John to identify himself because he was the only one to move out of the way of the gun. Seems a bit silly, but what else? Nobody else was asked to identify themselves, I don't recall anybody else moving, and I don't recall anything else special about what John did. "Natural selection".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:00 am

cakeman wrote:
I've wondered if they asked John to identify himself because he was the only one to move out of the way of the gun. Seems a bit silly, but what else? Nobody else was asked to identify themselves, I don't recall anybody else moving, and I don't recall anything else special about what John did. "Natural selection".

I think it more of the fact Eric for a split second thought he recognized John. It's true that was the only time stated that E or D asked anyone who they were.

But why Eric decided not to kill John is anyone's guess. We have talked about this a few times in different threads. But in my opinion John was just a very lucky guy that day.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103019
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:27 pm

On the subject of possibly recognizing people, I've always wondered if they recognized Amanda Stair as being the younger sister of Joe Stair. I don't know how close they really were to Joe, or whether or not they ever even saw Amanda before but Eric shot Steven Curnow, shot Kacey Ruegsegger, and then just stopped, even though Amanda was in the next cubicle.

He didn't feel like shooting her? Why not, he shot other people after this.

He didn't see her? Highly unlikely, she wasn't hidden, she was just sitting there.

I just can't figure that one out.

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:41 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
On the subject of possibly recognizing people, I've always wondered if they recognized Amanda Stair as being the younger sister of Joe Stair. I don't know how close they really were to Joe, or whether or not they ever even saw Amanda before but Eric shot Steven Curnow, shot Kacey Ruegsegger, and then just stopped, even though Amanda was in the next cubicle.

He didn't see her? Highly unlikely, she wasn't hidden, she was just sitting there.

Well considering that Amanda([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) is actually a member of the forum, she may find this sooner or later and answer that herself.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:

Yeah, I've heard it speculated before that they recognized her. There was also the girl outside who said she had a twin in the library they recognized. Her name isn't coming to me at the moment. Point being, John may have not been the only person they recognized and spared in the library that day.

So, if that is the case, what's left to explain John's particular circumstance? What happened before Eric asked John to identify himself? What happened was John moving  out of the way of the gun. I'm not aware of anybody else in the library doing that, if they even had the chance, and Eric was calling people cowering "pathetic" and embodying "natural selection." Perhaps he respected that.

Like most, I think they just recognized John and let him go like Brooks. He was a guy they liked. But I am not certain about that, and I've tried to outline my second choice.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:

Well considering that Amanda([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) is actually a member of the forum, she may find this sooner or later and answer that herself.

I always thought she said she never met them...

But I don’t want to put words in her mouth.

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103019
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:

Well, it's entirely possible that she never met them but they still knew who she was. I'd love to hear it from her, but I don't wanna assume that she's going to respond to every post about her. My brother has many friends who know who I am, even though I have never met them. They may have seen a picture, or seen her in passing. It all depends on how close Eric and Dylan were to Joe, I guess.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 3:14 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:

Well, it's entirely possible that she never met them but they still knew who she was. I'd love to hear it from her, but I don't wanna assume that she's going to respond to every post about her. My brother has many friends who know who I am, even though I have never met them. They may have seen a picture, or seen her in passing. It all depends on how close Eric and Dylan were to Joe, I guess.

True.

I met a girl who was a sophomore and her sister was a senior. Both of them knew of E and D but didn’t talk to them it’s a big School so you can’t really be friends with. It’s Interesting because both of their views on them were positive before that day. They knew them as just smart regular guys.

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:

True. That's why I said maybe she will find the post one day. As I don't know what she knows, or doesn't know.

E&D are the only two who know if they saw her or not, and why they didn't shoot her if they did see her. AN they are beyond all questions, so this is likely just one of those things that will never be answered.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91006
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:

True.

I met a girl who was a sophomore and her sister was a senior. Both of them knew of E and D but didn’t talk to them it’s a big School so you can’t really be friends with. It’s Interesting because both of their views on them were positive before that day. They knew them as just smart regular guys.
And yet they had a hard time getting g/f's It doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 am

bradt93 wrote:
And yet they had a hard time getting g/f's It doesn't make sense.

Honestly very little about Columbine does. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Savage stopped the killing?   John Savage stopped the killing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Savage stopped the killing?
Page 1 of 1