Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. — Schools in Sullivan County are on a soft lockdown after authorities received information from a website that a person posted threats to commit suicide and kill others at a school Wednesday around 9:15 a.m.

Police said the threats were non-specific in nature and did not identify a specific target. All surrounding jurisdictions have been advised of this potential threat.

Authorities said the IP address used by the person making the threat belongs to a mobile device, but they have been unable to locate or identify the user. Other agencies are assisting the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office to find out where the user is. The location provided from the website appears to be in the Bluff City area, but the accuracy has not been able to be verified.

Evelyn Rafalowski, the director of Sullivan County Schools implemented a “soft lockdown” at all schools, out of an abundance of caution.

Hopefully they can find this person. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:19 pm

I really want to know what website this was posted to.

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

WCYB is a local news outlet in Virginia and Tennessee. OR did you mean where the threats were posted? If so I have no idea. scratch
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

WCYB is a local news outlet in Virginia and Tennessee. OR did you mean where the threats were posted? If so I have no idea. scratch

Yes I want to know where the threats were posted. I mean if it was something like FurAffinity I'd bust out laughing but if it was something like an incel website that'd be a different story.

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:45 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Yes I want to know where the threats were posted. I mean if it was something like FurAffinity I'd bust out laughing but if it was something like an incel website that'd be a different story.

I'm still digging, but it seems nothing else has been released on it at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Several school systems in our area are on lockdown after authorities said a person posted threats in a chat room on JesusCares.com Wednesday to kill others and commit suicide at a school.

Here is the letter sent out by Rafalowski:

"I have been contacted by the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department that they have been notified of a threat made from someone visiting a chat room at JesusCares.com.
The only information we have is that it indicates the threat (which involved harm to self and others at school) could be associated with our area and that the person used a cell phone to chat and that the cell phone pinged a tower in Bluff City, TN. We have no other information that would indicate where the person is, what the cell number is or if they are a student in one of our schools. We have been told the tower could be pinged from Sullivan, Carter or Washington County, TN.
No specific school or otherwise was included in the "chat" that would indicate this person is in one of our schools. As a result of this we will be in a soft lockdown for the remainder of the school day. Thank you."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  FOUND IT! Threats were posted in a chatroom at JesusCares.com.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 10:40 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  FOUND IT! Threats were posted in a chatroom at JesusCares.com.

Nice find, thanks. 

I can tell that whomever sent this threat is trying way too hard to look edgy.

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 7:34 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Authorities said the IP address used by the person making the threat belongs to a mobile device, but they have been unable to locate or identify the user.

I remember when I used to be really naive and think that the moment you posted this kind of threats the FBI immediately knew about your comment, your identity and location and turned up to your house. And then there was Nikolas Cruz...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Authorities said the IP address used by the person making the threat belongs to a mobile device, but they have been unable to locate or identify the user.

I remember when I used to be really naive and think that the moment you posted this kind of threats the FBI immediately knew about your comment, your identity and location and turned up to your house. And then there was Nikolas Cruz...

True. No
Back to top Go down
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 64675
Forum Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Or William Atchison and Omar Mateen, for that matter. It seems like the FBI (and LE in general) is really good at watching people, but not so great at stopping them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown   Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Person threatens to kill self, others at a school; schools on lockdown
Page 1 of 1