Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?' Empty
PostSubject: School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'   School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:30 pm

The administration at Coral Glades High School in Coral Springs distanced itself from a quiz given to students Friday with the headline “Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?” — saying it’s been yanked from the curriculum.

The quiz asks 10 questions about the death penalty, including students to give statements for and against the death penalty, and whether they are based on fact or emotion. Another reference in the quiz to the Feb. 14 Parkland massacre is a “Let him rot forever” quote from Parkland student activist Cameron Kasky.

The quiz content appeared to come from The New York Times Upfront, a magazine for high school students, published by Scholastic Inc. in partnership with The New York Times.

A picture of the quiz was posted on Twitter on Friday. A student said it was sent to him by a parent of a student from Coral Glades High. “Crazy idea, don’t give kids assignments on the shooter that killed their friends?” Kenneth Preston wrote.

The school district learned about the quiz from a social media post. The administration was unaware of the assignment, according to a statement from Kathy Koch, school district spokeswoman,

She called it “insensitive content concerning Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School” that was from a “subscription-based publication, used as a curriculum resource.”

“The school’s leadership has pulled the assignment, is instituting an approved review process of all such materials and regrets that this incident occurred,” Koch said in an emailed statement. “Broward County Public Schools is working with the publisher to make them aware of our concerns.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*From South Florida Sun Sentinel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'   School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 7:25 pm

While I do think some things should have been worded a wee bit better, I actually don't think this was that much out of line.

Face it these kids are growing up dealing with the possibility of being in a school shooting more and more with each passing year. Fucking sucks, but this is reality. But the quiz its-self would have been a good teaching tool in my opinion.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'   School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
While I do thing some things should have been worded a wee bit better, I actually don't think this was that much out of line.

Face it these kids are growing up dealing with the possibility of being in a school shooting more and more with each passing year. Fucking sucks, but this is reality. But the quiz its-self would have been a good teaching tool in my opinion.

Yeah I mean I just posted it because I thought it was interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'   School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School dumps quiz titled, 'Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?'
Page 1 of 1