Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview collection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 85887
Forum Reputation : 773

Interview collection Empty
PostSubject: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Six years is a long time but it's also not, depending on what you're talking about. Many of the victims of the shooting were only six years old. I guess that I should probably focus on the victims on the anniversary of their murder but here's another thread about Adam Lanza because that is what I know about.

I wanted to assemble a collection of interviews with people who actually knew Adam or Nancy Lanza. Adam was reclusive and had a tendency to isolate himself but he wasn’t completely invisible in the world when he was alive and there were a number of people who were interviewed after Adam’s attack, including those who knew him from his early years and others who knew him towards the end of his life. Certain pieces of information are referenced repeatedly while others are rarely or never referenced so maybe this thread will provide new information to some researchers.

I have been postponing posting this for over a year because I wanted it to be complete but that will never happen (I haven't worked on it in months) so hopefully, it will be valuable to someone as it is and I will try to update this thread incrementally as I have time to compile additional primary sources. If we are lucky, we may even gain access to more interviews or documentation of Adam's life when (if) the new (old) collection of documents are released.

Before I start, I’ll say that I recommend the documentary Raising Adam Lanza. It includes a lot of details about Adam’s early years and interviews with people who knew the Lanzas, including some who are quoted below.

Family
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Peter Lanza only participated in one in-depth interview with the media. It resulted in a piece that was published in The New Yorker, written by Andrew Solomon. If there is one piece that a person should read in order to learn about Adam Lanza outside of his mass murder obsession, then this is definitely what I would suggest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

James Champion, Adam’s uncle and Nancy’s brother

Early Life

Early School Years

Tech Club

Psychological Assessments

College

Community Members and Acquaintances

Nancy’s Friends

Adam's Friends

Apologies for the terrible formatting. I don't have much time right now but I just want to get this posted and I will revise it (hopefully today) and add to it later . Please feel free to add your own sources.

Smiggles94 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Thanks for going so in-depth with this. I will admit that our discussions about Adam have really made me curious to dig deeper into the case. While the thought of his victims still effect me SO much given that my kids are around the same age, I have been researching the case a little at a time.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 195548
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I had a thought, I don’t think I have enough information on the case as I’ve mentioned before. It’s just my gut reaction because of the age of the victims, but I wonder if I’d have the same kind of empathy I have for E & D for Adam and the interest in the case if he was a high schooler who killed fellow classmates?

Contribution Points : 50900
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] An organized collection of interviews is a great idea, in my opinion.

--The Adventures of Granny, Lanza et al.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 70522
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 5:55 am

Good job on this collection! There was a lot of really good info I didn't know before.

Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 72964
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Nice post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview collection   Interview collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview collection
Page 1 of 1