Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Other victims of Columbine

Go down 
+2
joebox97
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 12:01 am

Sue mentioned in an interview that she met a woman who says that she considers her daughter a victim of Columbine. Her daughter was 7 and was to have surgery on April 20 but when she’s shooting happened it was postponed so that doctors could care for the injured. She later died due to not having the surgery.


Does anyone know any other stories like that? I think that was kind of in bad taste to share that story with her... she feels bad enough.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sue mentioned in an interview that she met a woman who says that she considers her daughter a victim of Columbine. Her daughter was 7 and was to have surgery on April 20 but when she’s shooting happened it was postponed so that doctors could care for the injured. She later died due to not having the surgery.


Does anyone know any other stories like that? I think that was kind of in bad taste to share that story with her... she feels bad enough.


DAMN! That would be so fucking hard to deal with. For both mothers. No
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97


Posts : 309
Contribution Points : 68775
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2018-11-24

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 pm

That is really messed up, not sure the surroundings of colorado and littleton but isn't there more hospitals in the area? Maybe they could of transferred the less serious ones?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 3:38 pm

joebox97 wrote:
That is really messed up, not sure the surroundings of colorado and littleton but isn't there more hospitals in the area? Maybe they could of transferred the less serious ones?

Yes, I am interested in this. You think the hospital would have transported the young girl to one that could perform surgery if her condition was serious enough. It sounds like it was given she passed away.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am

It's the hospitals fault really for that happening.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst


Posts : 598
Contribution Points : 64037
Forum Reputation : 1210
Join date : 2018-10-05

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sue mentioned in an interview that she met a woman who says that she considers her daughter a victim of Columbine. Her daughter was 7 and was to have surgery on April 20 but when she’s shooting happened it was postponed so that doctors could care for the injured. She later died due to not having the surgery.


Does anyone know any other stories like that? I think that was kind of in bad taste to share that story with her... she feels bad enough.

A victim of circumstance, not of Columbine IMHO. There are protocols for disasters, area wide emergencies, etc.  that hospitals follow. The fact she wasn't transferred tells me the hospital was negligent or whatever she was supposed to have surgery for wasn't considered life threatening and her death was a freak 1 in a million occurrence.

_________________
Minivans are not that much smaller than regular vans and I'll go to the f**king grave before I call them mini again.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97


Posts : 309
Contribution Points : 68775
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2018-11-24

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 am

Ziamber II wrote:
It's the hospitals fault really for that happening.

I believe this too, its the doctors/hospitals fault for not prioritizing the situation. I don't think it was because of the incident.
Same reason people die from doctors overdosing them, etc.
Back to top Go down
rayybayy444

rayybayy444


Posts : 58
Contribution Points : 55565
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Texas

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm

I always thought of the people who committed suicide after columbine as some what victims too bcz wether it was depression or what not. I think it’s safe to say if that hadn’t had depression before. The events on 4/20/99 changed everyone’s drastically to were many felt depressed afterwards. But only a few I know took their lives

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 59090
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm

hvernon wrote:
joebox97 wrote:
That is really messed up, not sure the surroundings of colorado and littleton but isn't there more hospitals in the area? Maybe they could of transferred the less serious ones?

Yes, I am interested in this. You think the hospital would have transported the young girl to one that could perform surgery if her condition was serious enough. It sounds like it was given she passed away.

At that age wouldn't she have been at Children's? Its the top pediatric hospital in like a five state radius and has all the specialties and is a level 1 trauma center. No Columbine victims went there. Otherwise any other of the level 1 trauma hospitals in the metro area that didn't have victims.... if her condition was that serious.

I'm just having had time believing this, not I go be cruel or anything...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:06 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
hvernon wrote:
joebox97 wrote:
That is really messed up, not sure the surroundings of colorado and littleton but isn't there more hospitals in the area? Maybe they could of transferred the less serious ones?

Yes, I am interested in this. You think the hospital would have transported the young girl to one that could perform surgery if her condition was serious enough. It sounds like it was given she passed away.

At that age wouldn't she have been at Children's? Its the top pediatric hospital in like a five state radius and has all the specialties and is a level 1 trauma center. No Columbine victims went there. Otherwise any other of the level 1 trauma hospitals in the metro area that didn't have victims.... if her condition was that serious.

I'm just having  had time believing this, not I go be cruel or anything...


I’m trying to remember if Sue told the story on a podcast or if it was in an interview. I feel like it was really recently though.

I imagine if it was that serious she would’ve been transferred elsewhere. And you are right about the hospital she was in. She was young according to the story she would’ve been at Children’s...


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Found it!



Starts at 6 minutes.

I did get the story slightly wrong but it does sound like she could’ve been moved maybe?


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 59090
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Found it!



Starts at 6 minutes.

I did get the story slightly wrong but it does sound like she could’ve been moved maybe?


Poor Sue. I cant help but wonder if it was someone purposely trying to hurt Sue more, that wouldn't surprise me people in Littleton were and are awful to the Klebolds. That pr someone trying to integrate themselves into the whole Columbine thing. Either way pretty messed up.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:49 pm

There was no reason for her to tell Sue that. I agree.

I know it affected the whole community and the whole world but I would think unless you were part of it directly you really should limit when you say. That’s just me though.

Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
There was no reason for her to tell Sue that. I agree.

I know it affected the whole community and the whole world but I would think unless you were part of it  directly you really should limit when you say. That’s just me though.

Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined  that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.

I agree especially on the second part. Not only is it hurtful and best kept private, it's also just a really weird thing to say.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 59090
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
There was no reason for her to tell Sue that. I agree.

I know it affected the whole community and the whole world but I would think unless you were part of it  directly you really should limit when you say. That’s just me though.

Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined  that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.

Totally agree on everything you said.

In regards to Rachel my sister thinks Beth and Darrell took her writing waaaay out of context because they actually weren't very close to her, especially Datrel who my sister thinks is kind of a schmuck (he was never around, didn't support his five children after the divorce because he wouldn't get a job that he didn't ruink "God wanted him to do which she thought was just an excuse.

Rachel was struggling with depression especially that last year. She was suicidal from time to time my sister is still mad at herself that she wasnt theres more for her that last year, their whole group was kind of caught up with their own stuff that year, pla ming for the future. When she decided to leave school she was starting to feel better.

Anyway that's hard for parentsto grasp, especially because they werent close to find out she felt that way. it's easierto make it some divine destiny rhing especially with their faith.t

Just a hard situation all around :-/
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 3:39 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There was no reason for her to tell Sue that. I agree.

I know it affected the whole community and the whole world but I would think unless you were part of it  directly you really should limit when you say. That’s just me though.

Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined  that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.

Totally agree on everything you said.

In regards to Rachel my sister thinks Beth and Darrell took her writing waaaay out of context because they actually weren't very close to her, especially Datrel who my sister thinks is kind of a schmuck (he was never around, didn't support his five children after the divorce because he wouldn't get a job that he didn't ruink "God wanted him to do which she thought was just an excuse.

Rachel was struggling with depression especially that last year. She was suicidal from time to time my sister is still mad at herself that she wasnt theres more for her that last year, their whole group was kind of caught up with their own stuff that year, pla ming for the future. When she decided to leave school she was starting to feel better.

Anyway that's hard for parentsto grasp, especially because they werent close to find out she felt that way. it's easierto make it some divine destiny rhing especially with their faith.t

Just a hard situation all around :-/


that’s the general consensus from her friends I’ve read . People like Devon have talked about that especially when I’m not ashamed came out.

I still don’t even know how that crush rumor got started. It’s not even like it would be a big deal it’s high school but I think the way it was conflated is annoying.

On another note I would love to know how Dylan’s friends reacted to a mothers reckoning.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120078
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined  that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.


That's putting it lightly; I daresay that statement is creepy in the extreme, borders on deranged.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Even then, I always assumed it was Rachel’s mom who told Sue that she believed it was pre-Destined  that Dylan was going to kill her daughter. It was in a mothers reckoning.

That’s also something incredibly hurtful and not really meant to be shared.


That's putting it lightly; I daresay that statement is creepy in the extreme, borders on deranged.

All those things too my friend

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Other victims of Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other victims of Columbine    Other victims of Columbine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Other victims of Columbine
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 13 victims or 15 victims?
» Columbine student 2000 saying he wants to "repeat columbine"
» Met a victims daughter
» Articles on the victims
» Victims Clothing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: