Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 71241
Forum Reputation : 95

Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Empty
PostSubject: Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies    Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Sorry I didn´t know what else to call it. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am watching this random video that YouTube recommended for me and I suddenly thought about whether or not some School Shooters/Mass Shooters might have been Adrenaline Junkies. Of course I am not meaning Adrenaline Junkies in the sense that the shooter would jump out in a parachute, base jumping, climbing buildings and stuff like that but rather that they had the personality to do so. 

I think some shooters like Seung Hui Cho did what "he had to do" by killing as many as possibly without wasting any time but then other shooters like Eric and Dylan might have enjoyed the huge rush of adrenaline by being in this special life threatening scenario they have created also knowing that they would die soon. As we know adrenaline junkies do the extreme stuff they do because it´s potentially life threatening and therefor they get that rush of adrenaline by facing death. 

What do you guys think this is just a hypothesis of course.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies    Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I definitely agree with you in that it probably varied from shooter to shooter. I think a lot of them were pretty cowardly though and part of the reason they chose a mass shooting as their method of crime was because its an attack one can carry out without any repercussions (assuming they kill themself) since they normally didn't actually do much in their lives before than. I feel like this is true for the ones who were for lack of a better term "pussies" such as Elliot Rodger or Adam Lanza. The ones that would probably fit under this adernaline rush category would likely be the ones who had a history of issues or acted out in the time prior to the shooting since acting out usually provides an adrenaline rush. Examples of these types would be someone like Eric (had a history of delinquency) or Nikolas Cruz (also acted out recklessly) although of course I could be totally wrong since I'm just speculating.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86378
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies    Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 am

I don't think so, a lot of shooters seem to be inspired by others or for personal reasons. Then again, I have been slacking for a while on my mass shooter research.
Back to top Go down
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Contribution Points : 46010
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies    Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 1:09 pm

I personally think that at least in the mindset that a lot of them are in it seems to be the ultimate way of showing a huge crowd of people who they really are and their standpoints (since some of them seemed to have been living seperate). On the other hand in the quite mundane and repeating life a lot of them had with nothing really that made them want to keep living it was the ultimate thrill i assume.
Then again there have been other exceptions of people who didnt seem to fit that sterotype like cho.

"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies    Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Shooters/Adrenaline junkies
Page 1 of 1