Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.

Go down 
+5
UncontinuedProcess
dereknocturnal
Primate Murder
Russianman
TheGoodGuy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70691
Forum Reputation : 95

School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Empty
PostSubject: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 9:22 am

Who do you think were calm, relaxed and collected during the shooting and who were high on adrenaline probably very anxious, confused, scared or maybe feeling a thrill from the adrenaline and the shooting without being confused or scared?

Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 52921
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 11:46 am

I think most mass murderers not were calm, if even witnesses said "he was calm". Smile it's also not a sign calm. Roslyakov looks very calm on videos, but I think he played his show.

But we don't have many footage with shooters where we can say calm was or not. Cho according many people was calm, but I don't think so.

Amok333 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Russianman wrote:
I think most mass murderers not were calm, if even witnesses said "he was calm". Smile it's also not a sign calm. Roslyakov looks very calm on videos, but I think he played his show.  

But we don't have many footage with shooters where we can say calm was or not. Cho according many people was calm, but I don't think so.

I like to think Cho was calm but with his selective mutism which is an extreme form of anxiety I doubt he would´ve been calm during the shooting.

With Eric and Dylan I think they were feeling more of a thrill from the adrenaline whereas other shooters might have felt scared and confused because of the anxiety, like I think Cruz was an example of being anxius, scared and confused not at all calm and collected I think this because of how random his targets are shooting at a few people in each classroom whereas a collected calm person would more likely clear one room methodically to make sure they were dead, Cruz also didn´t shoot the guy next to him while he took his rifle out which I think wouldn´ve made sense if he was trying to ambush a classroom and not wanting to ruin the element of surprise but he immediately opened fire on people so I think his adrenaline made him go all over the place.

Nelson216, Kaynhyde and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64083
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 4:17 pm

The London Bridge Attackers were screaming. Also, Pekka didn’t seem calm as well.

Contribution Points : 49619
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 6:22 pm

A.C. = After Columbine. I think many mass shooters would be high adrenaline. The new protocols of police attacking mass shooters I would think you would be very high energy hoping to get as high of a "kill count" as possible until the police arrived. I also wonder. are mass shooters scared of being shot but just injured by police, like the fort hood guy I think he was just paralyzed, wouldn't that be an incredibly embarrassing end to their massacre, sitting in a wheelchair in a court room humiliated. I'd think they'd be high energy, kill a ton of people, kill self before law enforcement arrives.

anna444 and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67057
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 7:36 pm

I think shooters being described as looking "calm" in their spree is mostly likely because of them being focused on the task at hand. I think this is also applies when people describe shooters as being apparently emotionless in expressions as well as most people having a hollow view on what emotions could be and don't or are not willing to realize that facial expressions don't entirely or accurately reflect what a person is feeling emotionally. These descriptions of shooters being "stonefaced","calm" or "emotionless" has become a favorite for the media and they use it to dehumanize shooters more even though any further dehumanization is unnecessary/overkill (like we talking about mass murderers here folks I think that says enough.)

NEXT STEP UP, anna444, Dawlish and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down
dereknocturnal

Contribution Points : 49619
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 8:55 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
I think shooters being described as looking "calm" in their spree is mostly likely because of them being focused on the task at hand. I think this is also applies when people describe shooters as being apparently emotionless in expressions as well as most people having a hollow view on what emotions could be and don't or are not willing to realize that facial expressions don't entirely or accurately reflect what a person is feeling emotionally. These descriptions of shooters being "stonefaced","calm" or "emotionless" has become a favorite for the media and they use it to dehumanize shooters more even though any further dehumanization is unnecessary/overkill (like we talking about mass murderers here folks I think that says enough.)

I agree with this! I think a big factor is the race to dehumanize. It's very easy for mass media to create their own narrative once they dehumanize, even with people that are still living.

NEXT STEP UP, anna444 and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:40 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:

Good point, also the victims are very scared and confused and their adrenaline is pumping so for them being in that state to see a gunman who "focuses on the task at hand" it might look like they are calmer than they actually are.

Back to top Go down
MAB1996

Contribution Points : 46803
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 pm

I don’t think that Nikolas Cruz was that calm, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 4:11 pm

Matti Saari was acting very agressivley, and reveling in the situation.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29553
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2022 4:58 am

Russianman wrote:

I had a stroke reading this.

Darkness and Kaynhyde like this post

Back to top Go down
Coneyislandqueen

Coneyislandqueen

Contribution Points : 12439
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 4:09 am

The survivors from Sandy Hook Elementary described Adam Lanza as an "angry man" – he screamed at those children; was telling them to "don't fucking move", look at him or their deceased classmates before he shot them.

anna444, mflergen, Йозеф Геббельс and TheGoodChief like this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42783
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2023 12:00 am

Brenton Tarrant went from calm and collected to slightly less so during the livestreamed part of the Christchurch Mosque Shootings.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.    School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.
Page 1 of 1