Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylans social anxiety

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 103710
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylans social anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:16 am

How much do you think Dylans social anxiety, and the lack ability to start up conversations without feeling uncomfortable crippled him socially?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am

rebel2013 wrote:
How much do you think  Dylans social anxiety, and the lack ability to start up conversations without feeling uncomfortable crippled him socially?

I don’t feel like I have a ton of specific Examples of Dylan having social anxiety, I interpret him
As being shy. I’m not sure if he had social anxiety per se. He went to parties, went bowling, he was able to talk to customers at work. In the videos we have him he’s perfectly capable of talking to other people to the point where he had to be told to shut up Surprised

The only person that made him sound like he ran away crying when someone said hi to him was Brooks and we all know how much we can believe him.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:22 am

Devon said in a video you'd have to talk about a movie or something to get him to open up and talk.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 am

rebel2013 wrote:
Devon said in a video you'd have to talk about a movie or something to get him to open up and talk.  

That’s not indicative of social anxiety that is being shy. Sometimes it is easier to know someone has something in common with you before you start talking to them. I think it’s kind of polite .

I find it easier to talk to someone when I know I have something in common with them, it’s an icebreaker. I don’t have social anxiety at all but I am shy.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 am

Who was it that said he had a morose type of humor was it Devon?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

rebel2013 wrote:
Who was it that said he had a morose type of humor was it Devon?

Yes And I think Sue has a bit of one as well.

She said that he joked about things that other people don’t joke about. I assume he probably joked about Death.

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 am

Wished we had more insight on how he was socially especially on videos.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 1:08 pm

I think Dylan was shy around certain people, but didn't have social anxiety.
People I know with social anxiety can't even be around big crowds in general.
They also don't like doing anything where they can be judged.
Dylan did sound and lights for the school play, someone with social anxiety would usually stray away from things like that because of the chance something would go wrong and they would be judged.
There are different levels of social anxiety, but there really isn't much evidence to show he did have it.

It sounds like Dylan was very shy and didn't really know how to start a good conversation sometimes.
It took bringing up something that he was into to really get him out of his shell.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Reading his journal he has a real fear of abandonment, feels like all his friends and family will abandon him sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylans social anxiety   Dylans social anxiety Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylans social anxiety
Page 1 of 1