Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backing down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57301
Forum Reputation : 0

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 pm

What do you imagine would have happened if either would have backed out at the last second?

A. They both go home, E waiting (wondering) if the police were coming to arrest him for the field bomb. And D committing suicide alone?

Or

B. One, or the other turning their guns on the other?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 am

I don't think Columbine would of happened without both Eric and Dylan.

I feel like Dylan might of had the chance to live a normal life if he graduated and went away to college, but I feel as Eric was doomed regardless.
Back to top Go down
gyro

Contribution Points : 52490
Forum Reputation : 28

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 1:10 am

There's honestly so many possibilities of what could've happened if one backed out last minute. I could see that maybe Eric would've went on with it but the mixture of Eric and Dylan is what really made Columbine, Columbine. The shooting we know today. The perfect storm.

I agree with what [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said. At the same time, if neither got the appropriate help needed, their lives would've ended as a recipe for disaster either way. Dylan might've committed suicide later in life and Eric might've done the same or would've gone on a rampage before suiciding.

Honestly, if they both decided to back out, I wonder what they would do with the propane bombs. To try and set it off only to realise it isn't going to go off. Eric may have well hid ammunitions but where are you going to hide a propane bomb?
Back to top Go down

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm

shadowofthewill wrote:
There's honestly so many possibilities of what could've happened if one backed out last minute. I could see that maybe Eric would've went on with it but the mixture of Eric and Dylan is what really made Columbine, Columbine. The shooting we know today. The perfect storm.

I agree with what [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said. At the same time, if neither got the appropriate help needed, their lives would've ended as a recipe for disaster either way. Dylan might've committed suicide later in life and Eric might've done the same or would've gone on a rampage before suiciding.

Honestly, if they both decided to back out, I wonder what they would do with the propane bombs. To try and set it off only to realise it isn't going to go off. Eric may have well hid ammunitions but where are you going to hide a propane bomb?

Maybe they'd try try to set off the propane bomb in the woods? Just leave it there since it wouldn't go off?

I've got to agree with slippy too. The shooting wasn't going to happen without the both of them. It's possible they would have gone off to college and grown up, but it's also possible college would be worse for them. I think them both being separated during college would be healthy and help them to grow. Maybe Dylan would have gotten help for his depression. Maybe Eric would have gotten help from a better doctor. Or maybe they were destined to go down the same path the whole time. Dylan would kill himself and Eric would too.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm

hvernon wrote:
It's possible they would have gone off to college and grown up, but it's also possible college would be worse for them.

I'm reminded of the words of a person who was arrested for plotting a mass murder at his local college, who complained that college was just as bad, if not worse, than high school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think Dylan would've ended up in a similar mindset if he went to college.

Sponsored content

Backing down  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backing down    Backing down  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backing down
Page 1 of 1