Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think they ever considered backing out?

Go down 
+3
Jollyhelpful
Onyx
Nuclear002
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuclear002

Nuclear002

Contribution Points : 43189
Forum Reputation : 0

Do you think they ever considered backing out? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Do you think E&D ever considered backing out and not doing the massacre.

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48802
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 3:33 pm

I think they were both privately (especially Eric) thinking about it, but they were embarrassed to admit it to each other. It was easier to just follow the plan.
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 65919
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm sure they each thought of backing out at varying times, but never mentioned their personal reservations out of fear of disappointing the other
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 9:04 pm

i think in one of Dylan's planners, he marks a date and writes 'death, afraid?" I always thought it meant he was having doubts, maybe I am really stretching it.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 5:28 pm

On multiple occasions, yes.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Onyx wrote:
I think they were both privately (especially Eric) thinking about it, but they were embarrassed to admit it to each other. It was easier to just follow the plan.
Same. I think it was Eric who considered backing out or maybe coming up with some sort of excuse so they didn't have to go through with it.

He definitely showed more emotions towards the whole situation than Dylan did. Dylan's only concern was for himself.

I'm talking about the weeks and days leading up to it. Once the day actually arrived and Eric accepted they were going through with it, he didn't hold back but prior to that, I do believe he struggled with it and was maybe hoping for a way out. Maybe?

And I also believe he died miserable thinking the whole thing wasn't even worth it. That day did not go as he planned. At all. He just sat down in the Library and was liked "fucked this" and put an end to it. I honestly do not even think he said goodbye or told Dylan he was ready to do it.

Anyway, TLDR = Eric, yes. Dylan = not so much and if he did, it was more for himself not really anyone else.

Screamingophelia and Luci like this post

Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: I’m curious.   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 10:28 am

Jenn wrote:
Onyx wrote:
Same. I think it was Eric who considered backing out or maybe coming up with some sort of excuse so they didn't have to go through with it.

He definitely showed more emotions towards the whole situation than Dylan did. Dylan's only concern was for himself.

I'm talking about the weeks and days leading up to it. Once the day actually arrived and Eric accepted they were going through with it, he didn't hold back but prior to that, I do believe he struggled with it and was maybe hoping for a way out. Maybe?

And I also believe he died miserable thinking the whole thing wasn't even worth it. That day did not go as he planned. At all. He just sat down in the Library and was liked "fucked this" and put an end to it. I honestly do not even think he said goodbye or told Dylan he was ready to do it.

Anyway, TLDR = Eric, yes. Dylan = not so much and if he did, it was more for himself not really anyone else.

So, in your opinion if the day DID go exactly as Eric planned, how would it have gone? I obviously know you’ll mention the bombs, but I am curious for you to explain it in full detail in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79722
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 11:47 am

Dylan literally says "maybe" going NBK with Eric is the way to break free and writes that today is the day he kills himself a few times (meaning, not the massacre). Not sure where we get Eric is more reluctant other than video tapes none of us has seen. I'm sure both were not 100% all the time.

One can just as easily imagine a just-so story where Eric is feeling triumphant as he is feeling depressed during the suicide, and I frankly doubt the latter.  "he was like "FUCK YOU I REGRET NOTHING" and killed himself like they do in postal, and he thought he killed twice as many" That's exactly as corroborated if not more so. So, to focus on one just seems like going to bat for him. Lots of "I just feel"  in this case.

Not to mention focusing on how he felt in the first place seems the error of pretending Eric was the only perp, as well as that Dylan killed himself because Eric did. Like 'the whole thing' was Eric's. It's Eric as McVeigh and so the bombs are "his". But they were both of theirs, and I 'just feel' Dylan was more bomb tech between the two. Among a litany of other reasons, the very fact that the bombs failed seems more in line with Dylan's personality.

Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I wish more would do that rather than just "what media/jeffco said" when it comes to that part. I think if you try to spell it out to yourself  using the media narrative you'll run into many contradictions, which is why I have another version more focused on what the perps said (and did). When I do so and look back, I think the root of the confusion is assuming both bombs failed at 11:17. I think that's the assumption which generates the contradictions.

"11:17"  is not "we took a picture of the clock on the bombs, detailed in evidence" (hence the pfp). It's "Dylan's notes said 11:17". That's the key thing to realize. Dylan's other notes said 11:16. Eric's notes said 11:15. That's one kind of contradiction, but there are deeper ones.

The idea that they were gonna shoot from the parking lot is an *inference* generated from:

1) assuming both bombs failed at 11:17

and

2) the fact that they start shooting on top of the stairs at 11:19

If you assume 1), then wherever they were before 11:19 was the 'original plan'. Well, they were in the parking lot (walking to the stairs, the stairs which were the bloody original plan)

So, the idea that the stairs was Plan B, and not Plan A, is predicated on the assumption that both bombs failed at 11:17.  That's the orthodox story.

However, the SOURCE for 11:17 - Dylan's notes-  what do they say? They say 'Go to outside hill wait'  They say the stairs was Plan A. Do you see the contradiction? In order to have 11:17, you have to infer that the stairs was Plan B. But, in order to have 11:17, you have to trust Dylan's notes, which say the stairs were Plan A.  

That might seem like nothing, but that's a reductio ad absurdum, a proof in the strong sense mathematicians mean that we can't go with 11:17.

Dylan's OTHER notes, which say 11:16, they say wait by cars.  Worse still - all the other times on Dylan's notes saying 11:17 are not trusted in the slightest. It says plant bombs at 11:09 - none of the options for when are 11:09. The same for the cars at 11:18. So it seems a rough draft at best. Class let out at 11:10 so some time before is probably all it meant for 11:09.

Then add that they said a bomb was still active when in the library and I think you're where I am.

It's also why the likes of Gleason and Krabbe in one sense are more irksome than Cullen and such. They get that the stairs were plan A, but they try to still have the bombs fail at 11:17! No can do. That's the reason to have the stairs as plan B ya dorks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think they ever considered backing out?   Do you think they ever considered backing out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think they ever considered backing out?
Page 1 of 1