Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?

Go down 
+7
VoDKaComeHere
Mojo11
Screamingophelia
42099_4EVA
Moseley
Jenn
rik75
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rik75

Contribution Points : 97043
Forum Reputation : 50

How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Empty
PostSubject: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am

If Eric and Dylan had been stopped by the police as they were driving to school on the morning of 4/20/99 and all their weapons , pipe bombs ,propane bombs had been discovered by the police ,what then? They would have been arrested and their homes would have been searched AND the basement tapes would have been found. Notes , journals etc would have been found too. Eric and Dylan would have been prosecuted. There would have been so much evidence against them so ,they would have been practically caught " red handed ". How many years do you think E/D would have been sentenced to in a court of law?
The offences were :
1) Possession of firearms. 
2) Carrying firearms in a vehicle.
3) Possession of pipe bombs.
4) Possession of Co2 bombs.
5) Possession of knifes on person.
6) Planning terrorist activities/ Planning to blow up school/ Planning to kill/ maim with use of explosives.

There are many more offenses that E/D could have been charged. My list is basic and flimsy.
How many offenses do you think they would have been charged with ?
How long do you think they would have been sentenced to? How many years?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:35 am

I don't know if it would have been less for Dylan because he was still 17. Chances are he would have been tried as an adult. I know if this would have happened in America now, they would take it a lot more serious than they did back then. So I think the punishment now would be worse than it would have been back then. But, I am guessing they would have gotten 15-20 years. I am no law enforcement expert though. That is just a guess. I have no source or proof that is what they would have gotten. I'm interested in what others think though.

Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 95882
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am

Wouldn't they get the death penalty? Because they may be viewed to have been a national threat?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:56 am

Moseley wrote:
Wouldn't they get the death penalty? Because they may be viewed to have been a national threat?
They wouldn't have gotten the death penalty. Even if they would have went through with the massacre and had been caught, Dylan would not have gotten the death penalty. In America, no one under the age of 18 can be executed. Here is some information on the death penalty in Colorado.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97043
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am

Moseley wrote:
I think for E/D to be classed as a national threat , they may have had to have been affiliated with a terrorist organization. They acted alone ,they were not being aided of financed by any others.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65860
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:33 pm

i've checked into this. According to Colorado law, Eric more so than likely would have gotten first degree murder and life in prison - possibly with a chance for parole - possibly, especially since Eric was eighteen when he did this. Now Dylan, since he was 17 when he did this and since it seems via his journals, he was the more calmer of the two, he probably would have gotten second degree murder, 40 -50 years in prison with chance of parole. I don't think either of them would have gotten death because by the time they got to trial, they wouldn't be the same ole' "i have no remorse, fuck this and that" attitude, knowing they could go to prison, oh, they would be remorseful and I think if in front of the right judge, like a Judge Hatchett or somebody, they would have gotten a good deal, where they would be out by fifty, sixty years old but the problem would be their life behind bars - the fights, the rapes from inmates to them, having to be someone's prison slave. They would probably kill themselves from going through all that, before they even got parole.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 am

I don't see either of them lasting in prison nor being like TJ Lane and being an asshole

I for some reason see them as being very polite if they were on trial and having their heads down the whole time. I am pretty sure Dylan would have found a way to off himself. I don't know if he would have wanted legions of strangers to be his muse that he wrote about in the journals... I could be wrong. He did say they wanted followers.

Contribution Points : 55429

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 9:54 pm

So if they got caught after the massacre, they would’ve been charged with 13 counts of first degree murder, and then however many they injured would’ve been attempted murder. Right? So they could’ve been sentenced to 13 life terms.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60115
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 4:08 am

It depends. it varies drastically depending on the circumstances and locations. Their have been people caught in the middle of there planning and sentenced to only probation, and people caught in the middle of there planning and sentenced to 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 4:10 am

They say 40-50 and so on years prison but they let prisoner earlier out that's the case in Germany for example.
Sry about this disturbing story
We had one incident where a girl was raped the father of the girl attacked the curplit with knife guess who got in prison? The father of the girl.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 5:11 am

I really couldn't imagine either of them ever being released if caught.

Has any school shooter ever been released?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 7:23 am

Szabo wrote:
I really couldn't imagine either of them ever being released if caught.

Has any school shooter ever been released?

Yes, Andrew Golden and Mitchell Johnson. I think one of them had trouble with the law for years after the other is living under a new name and trying to move on.
Back to top Go down
Mojo11

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

Andrew Golden was only 11 and Mitchell Johnson was 13 so they couldn’t be charged as adults. Only able to hold them til they were 18 until federal gun charges got added which allowed them to be held til 21. I think the laws in Arkansas got changed after that shooting happened!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:39 am

Mojo11 wrote:
Andrew Golden was only 11 and Mitchell Johnson was 13 so they couldn’t be charged as adults. Only able to hold them til they were 18 until federal gun charges got added which allowed them to be held til 21. I think the laws in Arkansas got changed after that shooting happened!

I think a law change was discussed but never implemented.

Mojo11

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:49 pm

I think they would of got life sentences.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?   How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many years would Eric and Dylan have had to serve?
Page 1 of 1