Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Tragedy

Go down 
+2
slippy123
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am

I stumbled upon this, it played last Thursday in the Denver area. I hope I get the chance to see it.

Let me know what you think!

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 am

It seems interesting. I like that, for once, they really focus on down-to-earth issues only. It's not about gun control, it's not about the media, video games, drugs or medicine. It's not really about society either, it's just about the home, the family and how parents can help their child and prevent dramatic events from happening.

I also like how it seems not to focus on potential mass shooters only. I always think that focusing too much on the very few teenagers who can become violent and become school shooters can overshadow the much more numerous young people who are depressed and who might kill themselves only. And yet, if you try to help depressed teenagers in general, not only violent ones, you may prevent both mass shootings and suicides. School shootings and suicides are two different ways for dealing with a very similar issue.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 6:56 pm

They’re showing this in Denver in August! I’ll get tickets.

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 7:25 pm

It looks very interesting. I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 pm

I hope they release it at some point on a larger scale!

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105213
Forum Reputation : 1235

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 pm

Looks really good. I like the focus on mental health and the flashbacks of Sue.
Really paints a bleak picture of what it must of been like to find out your son was a killer.
Back to top Go down

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 2:13 am

slippy123 wrote:
Looks really good. I like the focus on mental health and the flashbacks of Sue.
Really paints a bleak picture of what it must of been like to find out your son was a killer.

I do have to say... I hope we might hear something new from Sue.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66857
Forum Reputation : 430

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 am

It's very interesting to see Dr.Peter Langman and Sue Klebold appearing in a very well put together documentary (well judging from the trailer). It's also good to see a documentary focusing more on the mental health aspects of the whole thing. I hope it does get a wider release in the near future.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58349
Forum Reputation : 296

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 pm

That looks amazing!! I love the little mantra at the end that says “love is not enough.” I REALLY like how they tie in how important mental health is on a daily basis for so many of our young people and not just when these huge events like mass school/workplace shootings occur.

Hopefully it will be released somewhere so more people will have access to it!

Contribution Points : 65450
Forum Reputation : 50

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:59 am

Hopefully it does get released to buy or watch online.
I live in Europe and wanna see this documentation, too.
It looks very interesting, especially that Dr. Peter Langman and Sue Klebold (for sure) are included in there.

There is also a website from the production company: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks for sharing that trailer. It looks really good. I don’t see why it won’t be played across the nation or at least for sale on iTunes or something eventually. You’ll have to let us know how it was. The re-enactment scenes look like they came from Sue’s book.

Side note: Mental health is really important. We need to allow all people access to help regardless of income. So documentaries like this need to be out for everyone to see it. We have to open our eyes.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 90306
Forum Reputation : 255

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm

I hope this movie touches on how bullying can lead to mental deteoriation.

American Tragedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Tragedy   American Tragedy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Tragedy
Page 1 of 1