Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?

Go down 
+5
limpfisch
BlackandWhite
shades
Lizpuff
Love
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67441
Forum Reputation : 38

Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Empty
PostSubject: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:23 pm

So much pain was around this event and still is. Parents mourn dead children. Victims are trying to heal their wounds. Violence in schools continues. A lot of people relish the details, often interfere in the private lives of other people. It seems that evil is only multiplied.
And yet, is there anything that can be called positive effect Columbine?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Police changed protocol. This has had a positive impact in later tragedies.

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:39 pm

People are nicer to the quiet kids Mad

Okay, I was joking a little. Positive effect?
As [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said I can only think of protocol. Cause gun laws didn't change, bullying still happens, people still find ways to get guns and what about mentally disturbed kids? Are they getting the right care and treatment they need?

Oh, probably the way the media covers mass shootings now. They're a little more careful and censored with it.

BlackandWhite

Contribution Points : 67112
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:11 am

At my school people would always half-jokingly say "be nice to the weird kids and the ones who look like the school shooter type"... I think we were all a bit scared, because we knew what could happen. And maybe fear isn't a good thing, but as a result bullying wasn't as big of a problem as it used to be in my school. It did still happen of course but I think it used to be worse
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 78466
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 am

Yes
There is nothing that has only a positive or negative effect
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72272
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 4:04 pm

I've read a massive amount of messages and blog entries written by teenagers who are literally thankful to E&D for showing them that they can do better in life than kneel down to their bullies or keep thinking about killing themselves because they feel like they are forever done with life; looks like tragedies can sometime paradoxically save some other people's lives.

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74664
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Yes, it gave us something to obsess over.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71773

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 4:59 am

Amarantha wrote:
I've read a massive amount of messages and blog entries written by teenagers who are literally thankful to E&D for showing them that they can do better in life than kneel down to their bullies or keep thinking about killing themselves because they feel like they are forever done with life; looks like tragedies can sometime paradoxically save some other people's lives.

You can also look at that the opposite way, what about copy cats? Not that I disagree with you, just playing devils advocate.
Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 65072

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:45 am

Kind of as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said. I think Columbine as a whole is terrible, but left very subtle or often unseen and unheard positive effects. A lot of people, myself included, are thankful for what happened for changing their warped views of the world and look beyond as a nice eye-opening forewarning. Ya' know? It's a bit hard to explain, but did Columbine have any positive effects? Yes. On people.
And well, of course, police and school procedures lol

PostSubject: Re: Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?   Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did the tragedy at Columbine any positive effect?
Page 1 of 1