Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?

Go down 
+5
NookAndCranny
Rosie1756
DanielGardner
Screamingophelia
MAB1996
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MAB1996

Contribution Points : 46928
Forum Reputation : 3

What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Empty
PostSubject: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Even if they weren’t diagnosed. I’m thinking Kip Kinkel, Michael Carneal, Aaron Alexis, Andrew Wurst, Adam Lanza, and maybe Seung-Hui Cho and Matti Saari (he had a catatonic episode). Some other shooters that have been suspected of having schizophrenia or some other form of psychosis, (some were actually diagnosed before their trials) but I don’t personally think they were include Martin Bryant, Jared Loughner, Anders Breivik, and Dylann Roof. I will explain why I don’t think each of them were psychotic/schizophrenic.

Martin Bryant-He was suspected of having paranoid schizophrenia by a psychiatrist who evaluated him after he left school at the age of 16 who determined that he was unable to ever hold a job, although he later “worked under the table” doing gardening and house painting. Despite his limited mental capacities, the insanity defense was never considered, and all of the psychiatrists who evaluated him before his trial (he pled guilty) believed he was mentally competent.

Jared Loughner-This is a tricky one. He WAS diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia before his trial and had to take medications to make him mentally competent to stand trial (like Martin Bryant, he later pled guilty). Furthermore, there was no real dispute about his diagnosis. However, he was known to have abused marijuana and hallucinogens, both of which are known to cause psychosis. I’m not saying that if you use them just once, you’ll become psychotic, but if you have a family history of it and you use them long term, it might happen.

Anders Breivik-A big fat “NO”. He was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic before his trial based on his “delusional beliefs”, but displayed very few other signs of psychosis. He was later diagnosed with Antisocial and Narcissistic personality disorder, which most people think is a far more accurate diagnosis for him. Furthermore, he was calm at the time of his attack, which is atypical of psychotic mass shooters.

Dylann Roof-I don’t know as much about him compared to the other shooters. Like the previous 2 shooters, the insanity defense was considered in his case, and he resisted it, going as far as to fire his lawyers. However, he was later deemed sane and got the death penalty for his crimes. Although he was suspected of having schizophrenia, he was never diagnosed with it, and instead was diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder, social anxiety disorder, depression, and Autism.

Some other mass shooters like Wayne Lo and TJ Lane faked being Psychotic so they wouldn’t go to prison, too.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm

James Holmes. I thought in trial he was confirmed as being diagnosed with psychosis

Contribution Points : 46928
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Do you think Pekka Eric Auvinen was psychotic, too?
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56500
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Nikolas Cruz claimed to be schizophrenic too, but it’s up for debate whether he’s lying or not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 6:24 pm

MAB1996 wrote:

Peter Langman thinks Auvinen had Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Randy stair honestly must be the most batshit crazy mass murderer I've ever learned about. His belief that he would be reunited with a cartoon character he made up in a ghost dimension is just laughable.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15871
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 12:45 am

DanielGardner wrote:
Nikolas Cruz claimed to be schizophrenic too, but it’s up for debate whether he’s lying or not

It's obvious that Nikolas Cruz was faking the 'demons'.

MAB1996 wrote:

There is no proof at all of that.

DanielBryer dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18880
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am

imo I think Cho Seung Hui was mildly autistic and had schizophrenia from reading his stuff but we'll never know
Back to top Go down
Helianthus

Helianthus

Contribution Points : 20577
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 9:51 am

-

Last edited by Helianthus on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 10:50 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
DanielGardner wrote:

MAB1996 wrote:

I've been wrongly accused of faking my "demons" too. I believe him.
Back to top Go down
Insomnia

Insomnia

Contribution Points : 16884
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 10:59 am

Artyom Kazantsev, the perpetrator of the Izhevsk school shooting, was diagnosed with schizophrenia back in 2011

DanielBryer and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18880
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 11:05 am

DanielBryer wrote:
Rosie1756 wrote:
DanielGardner wrote:

Definitely faking, he sure has some kind of mental illness though but his "demons"? Looking at his interview, he is pretty calm in it compared to other legitimate schizophrenic murders

DanielBryer dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am

NookAndCranny wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
Rosie1756 wrote:
DanielGardner wrote:

Definitely faking, he sure has some kind of mental illness though but his "demons"? Looking at his interview, he is pretty calm in it compared to other legitimate schizophrenic murders
He could have a milder form of schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down
xDarkRazoR

xDarkRazoR

Contribution Points : 36812
Forum Reputation : 1420

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2023 9:21 am

Adam Lanza (undiagnosed schizophrenic), Alvaro Castillo (schizoaffective), Artem Kazantsev (he was diagnosed with schizophrenia), Marek Nowak (schizophrenia), Wellington de Oliveira (schizophrenia)

His name is RazoR. You will come to know him as the Prophet of Dark. He is male. He is 18 years of age. He lives in Poland. He finds that is horrible place to live. He is not a people person. He has met a handful of people in his life who are decent. But he finds the vast majority to be worthless, no good, kniving, lieing, deceptive, motherfuckers. W0rk sux, sk00l sux, l1f3 sux.

I love you A.F. <3 Our relationship
[*]25 April 2020 - 24 January 2022

RAZOR'S BACK [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?   What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What mass shooters do you think were actually schizophrenic/psychotic?
Page 1 of 1