Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Whats being released at depositions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244


Posts : 593
Contribution Points : 124875
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 24

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:28 pm

What will be released at the depositions?
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful


Posts : 135
Contribution Points : 67344
Forum Reputation : 70
Join date : 2017-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Eastern Seaboard

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 7:50 pm

The depth of E&D's parents knowledge of their activities and interests. This was touched upon in their diversion files, and will hopefully be fleshed out with their complete depositions.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 8:32 pm

When exactly are these depositions?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I believe we will get to know what was said in court by both families.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6428
Contribution Points : 194486
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 pm

hvernon wrote:
I believe we will get to know what was said in court by both families.

I am so sorry for such a dense question but I know many of the victims families were there for the depositions. Were they able to ask questions or was it just their lawyers? Do you also remember which families were there?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar


Posts : 760
Contribution Points : 83982
Forum Reputation : 3068
Join date : 2018-07-15

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I am so sorry for such a dense question but I know many of the victims families were there for the depositions. Were they able to ask questions or was it just their lawyers? Do you also remember which families were there?

There were 5 families involved- Daniel Rohrbough's parents, and the families of Kelly Fleming, Matthew Kechter, Lauren Townsend and Kyle Velasquez. I do not believe the family members were allowed to ask questions themselves but the majority were present when the depositions were taken.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I am so sorry for such a dense question but I know many of the victims families were there for the depositions. Were they able to ask questions or was it just their lawyers? Do you also remember which families were there?

There were 5 families involved- Daniel Rohrbough's parents, and the families of Kelly Fleming, Matthew Kechter, Lauren Townsend and Kyle Velasquez. I do not believe the family members were allowed to ask questions themselves but the majority were present when the depositions were taken.


More questions incoming- Do you know why it was specifically those five families? Did the others choose not to go or were they not "invited"?
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar


Posts : 760
Contribution Points : 83982
Forum Reputation : 3068
Join date : 2018-07-15

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 am

hvernon wrote:
thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I am so sorry for such a dense question but I know many of the victims families were there for the depositions. Were they able to ask questions or was it just their lawyers? Do you also remember which families were there?

There were 5 families involved- Daniel Rohrbough's parents, and the families of Kelly Fleming, Matthew Kechter, Lauren Townsend and Kyle Velasquez. I do not believe the family members were allowed to ask questions themselves but the majority were present when the depositions were taken.


More questions incoming- Do you know why it was specifically those five families? Did the others choose not to go or were they not "invited"?

Multiple lawsuits were filed against the Harris', Klebold's, and those who helped get the weapons. These were done in multiple groups of parents, and some, like the Shoel's, sued individually. I don't know how they decided who was going to sue with who; whether some of the families had a previous relationship/ were friendly or if they just ended up contacting the same attorney and the attorney put them together. Barry Arrington was the family that represented the families above.
I also wanted to point out that the depositions from this lawsuit were used in the suit when Mark Taylor sued Solvary Pharmaceuticals. In fact, I think one of Taylor's lawyers, John DeCamp, was involved in the depositions.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6428
Contribution Points : 194486
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:44 am

I remember an interview with Laurens Mom and she said she wished that the depositions could be released much like Sue. Something that always struck me though was she said that she didn’t get the answer she wanted. None of the families including Eric and Dylan’s families are going to get answers to make them understand what happened. There’s not gonna be an answer where they’re going to say oh I get it now. Sad

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97399
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 am

I know personally I put a lot of excitement into seeing the depositions. I know I am probably going to be let down. I am excited for something new of course but I don't really want to get over excited for something that may be not what I was expecting.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 12:42 am

I too feel excited about them and also feel I’m gonna be bummed about them. We can probably learn more about the boys motives from something like the BT’s compared to what their parents knew. Sue did not want the BT released, but she wanted the depositions released. Maybe there’s more damning evidence against Dylan in the BT’s compared to what Sue and Tom could offer at the depositions. I think I’m most excited for them because we will finally hear from the Harris’s. They have been such an enigma. Thanks for the info on what families were there. For some reason I assumed it was families that had not sued either parents that got to do the deposition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Whats being released at depositions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats being released at depositions?   Whats being released at depositions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Whats being released at depositions?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Depositions - Wayne and Kathy Harris
» Whats the final report?
» Courtroom Depositions
» SWAT team depositions?
» 3 1/2 Years to the Columbine Depositions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: